NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Harden 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This thread is crazy. It's James Harden. Trade for Zach Lavine? What in the world...

Posted Images

On 4/6/2021 at 6:55 PM, MantisToboggan said:

Guys, Dr. Mantis Toboggan, M.D. is never wrong, way better than Shams. My original analysis had Harden out for 2-4 weeks, but with this rush back it's looking more like 3-5 weeks. There's a good chance he misses fantasy playoffs, but still could make it back in time for the Championship round. Nets training staff likely to be extra patient with this hamstring injury. Good news is he will be well rested and ready to go absolutely nuts in the actual playoffs for his first potential title run.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan, M.D...  Honestly 1,000,000 times better than Shams.  Worst case scenario panned out and it's looking like he's out 5-6 weeks. It's confirmed that Harden will miss the rest of the regular season. He could only carry so many fantasy teams until his hamstrings finally gave out... Cheers to the bearded one 🤠

• Haha 1
On 4/8/2021 at 7:23 AM, MantisToboggan said:

Harden will be back in 2-5 weeks. Hamstring injuries are tricky so sadly I think the Nets are going to go the safer route and use this as an excuse to rest him up for the playoffs. On the bright side, it shouldn't take as long to recover as KD's hamstring injury.

I'm a God

• Like 1
On 4/1/2021 at 7:43 AM, MantisToboggan said:

Steve Nash and the Nets training staff saying it's not long term is like saying he will probably be out 2-4 weeks. Sure, Harden's a beast, but he's 31 and the Nets medical trainers are strict. We don't need him in the regular season, and the Nets will probably use this as an excuse to rest him up for the playoffs. I'm predicting he'll be back in three weeks or less, hopefully not any longer like Durant's hamstring injury... but with this team who knows.

god like predictions. Dr. Mantis Toboggan, M.D. > Shams Narnia

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, MantisToboggan said:

Dr. Mantis Toboggan, M.D...  Honestly 1,000,000 times better than Shams.  Worst case scenario panned out and it's looking like he's out 5-6 weeks. It's confirmed that Harden will miss the rest of the regular season. He could only carry so many fantasy teams until his hamstrings finally gave out... Cheers to the bearded one 🤠

I'm a God

god like predictions. Dr. Mantis Toboggan, M.D. > Shams Narnia

Did you just make three posts to tell how everybody how awesome you are? Wanna talk about something?

Anyways, what's up with Brooklyn and hamstrings? Must be something in the air.

Harden is the cornerstone of my Roto team and Kawhi is out now as well. Seems like the 1st place is slipping out of my hands now so shortly before seasons end.

Struggling to drop in one league. 2 IR spots 4 injured guys and he is the only one without a timeline. First round of playoffs and several cats close decisions decisions 

2 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Struggling to drop in one league. 2 IR spots 4 injured guys and he is the only one without a timeline. First round of playoffs and several cats close decisions decisions 

If your team is super stacked and don't need the extra roster for stats, then leave Harden on bench/IR spot. Otherwise manage for the week game plan. There is no next playoff/championship round if you don't win now.

Other teams will be in the same predicament and won't claim Harden if he is not playing. However, if a playoff team is leading the playoff match and with high certainty of advancement, they may take a high risk/high reward action and grab Harden with the hope he returns.

I did a 'medium'risk/high reward move when I grabbed LaMelo as the 7-10 days return was announced. My team is strong facing inferior opponent in final season weekly matchup. Being #1 seed, first playoff opponent is a low seed. I am confident I will win both, so I stashed LaMelo for the all important matchups vs stronger playoff contenders.

48 minutes ago, ez2do4now said:

If your team is super stacked and don't need the extra roster for stats, then leave Harden on bench/IR spot. Otherwise manage for the week game plan. There is no next playoff/championship round if you don't win now.

Other teams will be in the same predicament and won't claim Harden if he is not playing. However, if a playoff team is leading the playoff match and with high certainty of advancement, they may take a high risk/high reward action and grab Harden with the hope he returns.

I did a 'medium'risk/high reward move when I grabbed LaMelo as the 7-10 days return was announced. My team is strong facing inferior opponent in final season weekly matchup. Being #1 seed, first playoff opponent is a low seed. I am confident I will win both, so I stashed LaMelo for the all important matchups vs stronger playoff contenders.

Im in multiple leagues and my shallower one im out Harden, Kawhi, LaVine and LaMelo. 3 of the 4 have somewhat of a timeline obviously Harden does not but you are right there is no maybe have to move on

17 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Im in multiple leagues and my shallower one im out Harden, Kawhi, LaVine and LaMelo. 3 of the 4 have somewhat of a timeline obviously Harden does not but you are right there is no maybe have to move on

If you have Harden, Kawhi, LaVine and LaMelo in the shallow league, I can surmise opponents are also stacked. Gotta to play for now and win. I wish you good luck.

• Like 1

Harden is a clear drop. Will not return for the regular season and is done for the fantasy playoffs. Bruce Brown is a must add and Shamet is looking like a viable stream. Kyrie, Joe and KD owners are looking like the winners here. -Dr. Mantis Toboggan, M.D.

1 hour ago, MantisToboggan said:

Harden is a clear drop. Will not return for the regular season and is done for the fantasy playoffs. Bruce Brown is a must add and Shamet is looking like a viable stream. Kyrie, Joe and KD owners are looking like the winners here. -Dr. Mantis Toboggan, M.D.

LOL 

4 hours ago, MantisToboggan said:

Harden was just dropped in my league today.

1 hour ago, ItzJaBoiSam said:

Any Harden owners fighting for a championship week? I somehow made it through quarters and semifinals. I'm gonna win this thing for daddy and name my son Harden.

Kudos to you. A testament of your solid team.

8 hours ago, ItzJaBoiSam said:

Any Harden owners fighting for a championship week? I somehow made it through quarters and semifinals. I'm gonna win this thing for daddy and name my son Harden.

Just won champ minutes ago with this roster and no Harden, along with a shtload of other people out

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...