NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jrue Holiday 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think you're wrong here about Jrue not being a true PG. He was a pg for his entire career up until last few seasons his coach switched him to sg because he wanted a faster pace/small ball lineup. He

Jorma’s burner

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, python3 said:

I don't know how he commanded three 1st round picks, plus Bledsoe, and Hill.  That's a huge haul.  Should be a solid fit.  Don't think it puts them over the top.

Agreed. Pelicans kinda fleeced the bucks but I guess Milwaukee had no choice if they wanted to show giannis they're serious about continuing to try and win. 

As for Jrue, he should be a solid 3rd round pick imo. I honestly don't see his stats changing all that much, maybe scoring goes down a little bit and assists go up. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, python3 said:

I don't know how he commanded three 1st round picks, plus Bledsoe, and Hill.  That's a huge haul.  Should be a solid fit.  Don't think it puts them over the top.

If Giannis stays It's more then worth it, if he doesn't then it's gonna be rough. Pretty simple. I'm fine with it. They get off a rapidly declining Bledsoe who has 3 years and around 50ish million left on his deal. Milwaukee has no chance to ever get another Giannis level player unless they strike gold in the draft. They might as well do whatever they can to keep him.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Stefan said:

I see y'all kinda like Jrue's outlook this season. My question is aren't you afraid of frequent rest days, because Bucks gonna storm out of Eastern conference ?

Good point, but if anyone gets rest days it will be Giannis mainly. His minutes might drop tho because of all the blowouts, which might be the real problem since he averaged 35 mins. A drop of lets say 4 mins per game could really hurt his stats. Giannis and Middleton only averaged 30 mins per game and Bledsoe got 27 mins. I definitely see Jrue's assists dropping, I would be surprised if he cracks more than 6 a game. In fact his numbers across the board should drop, but efficiency should increase significantly which would keep him at 4th round value. He averaged 3.1 tos per game, that will drop for sure. I expect a career high in threes also.

My expectations
17 ppg, 6 asts, 4.5 rebs, 1.4 stls, .7 blks, 2.3 threes, 2.6 tos, 48 fg%, 74 ft% in only 31 mins 

I also think this move and getting Bogdanovic will definitely put them over the hump and into the Finals. That is of course unless Nets get Harden.

• Like 1

Milwaukee is in a tough spot. As others have mentioned, they have no choice but to try and keep Giannis happy and hope he resigns otherwise they lose him for nothing. And they won’t just find another Giannis in the draft either. They got ripped off for Jrue but they had no choice the NOLA knew the position they were in and knew they didn’t have any leverage. Once again, defensively, Milwaukee will probably be the top team in the NBA. Jrue, Giannis, Lopez are all great. They have shooting around Giannis with Jrue and Bogdon coming over, plus they still have Milddleton and Lopez. I do worry about them not having a true PG. sure Jrue and Giannis can handle the ball but they don’t have a real PG. That’s huge in the playoffs. I’m interested to see who else Milwaukee can bring in for the minimum. Overall, I think Jrue’s fantasy outlook takes a hit going to the Bucks. He’s not a true PG (lower assist #s) and not a true #2 option so things get murky with who’s getting the shots behind Giannis. 

12 minutes ago, RedRaider27 said:

Milwaukee is in a tough spot. As others have mentioned, they have no choice but to try and keep Giannis happy and hope he resigns otherwise they lose him for nothing. And they won’t just find another Giannis in the draft either. They got ripped off for Jrue but they had no choice the NOLA knew the position they were in and knew they didn’t have any leverage. Once again, defensively, Milwaukee will probably be the top team in the NBA. Jrue, Giannis, Lopez are all great. They have shooting around Giannis with Jrue and Bogdon coming over, plus they still have Milddleton and Lopez. I do worry about them not having a true PG. sure Jrue and Giannis can handle the ball but they don’t have a real PG. That’s huge in the playoffs. I’m interested to see who else Milwaukee can bring in for the minimum. Overall, I think Jrue’s fantasy outlook takes a hit going to the Bucks. He’s not a true PG (lower assist #s) and not a true #2 option so things get murky with who’s getting the shots behind Giannis. 

I think you're wrong here about Jrue not being a true PG. He was a pg for his entire career up until last few seasons his coach switched him to sg because he wanted a faster pace/small ball lineup. He's had a couple seasons where he averaged 8 assists per game. That is absolutely a true PG. He also wont be the 2nd option, he is the 3rd option on the team behind Giannis and Middleton. I do agree with you on the Bucks tho being in a tough spot. They gave up a ton to try and convince Giannis to stay and now they have no bench at all and no picks.

• Like 5
9 hours ago, jay_00 said:

I think you're wrong here about Jrue not being a true PG. He was a pg for his entire career up until last few seasons his coach switched him to sg because he wanted a faster pace/small ball lineup. He's had a couple seasons where he averaged 8 assists per game. That is absolutely a true PG. He also wont be the 2nd option, he is the 3rd option on the team behind Giannis and Middleton. I do agree with you on the Bucks tho being in a tough spot. They gave up a ton to try and convince Giannis to stay and now they have no bench at all and no picks.

I said he isn’t a true #2 option so I think we both agree there. Agree to disagree on him being a true PG. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Jrue Holiday 2020-2021 Outlook
  • 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Mike123456 said:

Anyone looking to sell high here? He's getting a ton of steals. Do we think it's somewhat sustainable?

Probably won't be averaging 2+ steals but he's around 1.6 for his career so that's definitely achievable 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, L3onD said:

i hope he’s back tomorrow, he was on the bench last night

I hope so too, but not counting on it. KAT was on the bench for like a week before he came back. It’s just hard to know because we don’t know how it affected Jrue.

Setting my expectation for next week and hope I am pleasantly surprised if sooner.