NBC Sports Edge Forums

Bogdan Bogdanovic 2020-2021 Outlook

Bogey is interesting. I believe he has 1) been unlucky with injuries, and 2) been playing behind some wings who are now injured. He's now ramped back into form, and just posted a nice line.

He started the season decently, then was held out of the Q4 of a game on Jan 4 due to a sprain, then got seriously hurt on Jan 9, with the avulsion fracture to the knee. At the time, I wondered why he was wearing a knee joint brace on that knee. Could be that was due to the sprain that happened on Jan 4.

To start the season he was behind Reddish, who is now injured, and Hunter, who is coming back soon. Huerter and Snell have been starting. I believe Snell cedes his spot to Bogey, which pretty much happened last game. They have a new coach now, who favors defense and may see the light.

This is a long way of saying Bogey could now be a starter, and even good. In 25 games as a starting G last year, he went for 17/3/3 with 3 3pm and 1.2 steals.

He was #60 ranked in 9-cat in that window.

• Thanks 2
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh yes, and the guy who told me that PICKED HIM UP!

I grabbed him after I lost Collins and he was just supposed to be a stream but now you can take him from my cold dead hands 

Dude flashed a lot in sacremento, he could always play. Seems like a must roster with all the injuries in atlanta right now. Can't believe there werent any posts after the 4/1 game and still none

26 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Bogey is interesting. I believe he has 1) been unlucky with injuries, and 2) been playing behind some wings who are now injured. He's now ramped back into form, and just posted a nice line.

He started the season decently, then was held out of the Q4 of a game on Jan 4 due to a sprain, then got seriously hurt on Jan 9, with the avulsion fracture to the knee. At the time, I wondered why he was wearing a knee joint brace on that knee. Could be that was due to the sprain that happened on Jan 4.

To start the season he was behind Reddish, who is now injured, and Hunter, who is coming back soon. Huerter and Snell have been starting. I believe Snell cedes his spot to Bogey, which pretty much happened last game. They have a new coach now, who favors defense and may see the light.

This is a long way of saying Bogey could now be a starter, and even good. In 25 games as a starting G last year, he went for 17/3/3 with 3 3pm and 1.2 steals.

Won't Snell cede his spot to Hunter?

Just now, python3 said:

Won't Snell cede his spot to Hunter?

Sure, Hunter will start. Huerter also may go back to 6th man. But either way, Bogey gets 28+ minutes.

44 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

Team is too deep.  When Gallo and Reddish comes back, then what?

Gallo been playing buddy and Hunter returned hes still been good. Team is deep but there is enough usage 

On 3/25/2021 at 7:07 AM, DonutGiveUp said:

Gallo been playing buddy and Hunter returned hes still been good. Team is deep but there is enough usage 

What about when Dunn and Hunter come back?

9 minutes ago, Earlgrey1 said:

What about when Dunn and Hunter come back?

Both injury prone and team will be very cautious with but as deep as Atlanta is, they are also very injury prone top to bottom 

Dude flashed a lot in sacremento, he could always play. Seems like a must roster with all the injuries in atlanta right now.

Can't believe there werent any posts after the 4/1 game and still none after the 4/2 game!!!?!?! Hes the number 2 player in yahoo the last 7 days!!!

21/4/4/1.8/.8 with 3.8 threes in his last 4 games

• Like 3
35 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

Well hs playing well with injured people.  What happens when they return?  Gary trent played well till cj returned, then he was bad again until he got traded.

They paid him big money he's going to play. Second best playmaker, can create his own shots. Who's gonna take his minutes Reddish? Lol 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, DonutGiveUp said:

They paid him big money he's going to play. Second best playmaker, can create his own shots. Who's gonna take his minutes Reddish? Lol 

Yeah I think the first half of the season was figuring out who fits where in an admittedly deep Hawks wing lineup. And let's not forget that Bogdan himself was injured for a while. Now that he's healthy and balling, he looks easily better than Reddish, Huerter and Gallo, and Hunter hasn't looked the best since his return either. I wouldn't be surprised to see them roll out a lineup of Young/Bogdan/Hunter/Collins/Capela once everyone is healthy.

Bogdan won't be putting up these crazy lines when everyone is playing but being the second best playmaker and shooter, he' should still be able to put up something like 15-16 ppg, 4 rpg, 4 apg, with a couple of triples and a steal. Those are very nice numbers. 

• Like 1
On 3/19/2021 at 7:26 PM, hornrimmed_rambis said:

This is not the first time you've convinced me to make a speculative pickup that I for some reason did not follow through on picking up, where I come back to the player thread and see documentation of me liking your convincing post.  The hell is wrong with me.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, RingMyBell said:

Well hs playing well with injured people.  What happens when they return?  Gary trent played well till cj returned, then he was bad again until he got traded.

The word is that their old coach misused Bogi. The new coach is utilizing him better + the current injuries make him a must roster IMO. And If he continues to play like this (which he has shown a lot of talent with the kings) there's no way he loses playing time.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, CharlesCC2 said:

This is not the first time you've convinced me to make a speculative pickup that I for some reason did not follow through on picking up, where I come back to the player thread and see documentation of me liking your convincing post.  The hell is wrong with me.

Man, it gets worse for me. I picked him up, and he was not playing that well. Then I tried to trade him in a package, and the guy on the other side of the offer told me I should drop him because Lou Friggin Williams was coming to town.

So I did.

And now I live with regret.

Just now, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Man, it gets worse for me. I picked him up, and he was not playing that well. Then I tried to trade him in a package, and the guy on the other side of the offer told me I should drop him because Lou Friggin Williams was coming to town.

So I did.

And now I live with regret.

• Haha 4
53 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Diabolical.  Can imagine him doubled over laughing after seeing Bogbog’s recent boxscores.  

I’ve been pleasantly surprised with the production.  It was a “streamer-turned-hold” story for me.  Keep clogging up my streamer spot Bogie.  

9 minutes ago, MikeXScott said:

How'd I get a 1st round value of the ww to close out the season..

Injuries, new coach

Minutes and scoring will def go down once collins is back. Same if hunter ever gets fully healthy.  Not sure how dunn and scam reddish will affect bogi

• Like 1

I dropped him right before the collins injury and he was designated out for next game with knee but then it was an error and he was healthy and has blown up since. I still think return of collins and hunter will hurt him. Right now they need him for scoring but those 2 guys coming back will take the load off.

Just drilled his 6th three from 1 step inside the logo 👀

Minute later hit his 7th three with mcdaniels in his face to tie a career high, 20 minutes left

Edited by BrowKnees