NBC Sports Edge Forums

Robert Covington 2020-2021 Outlook

RoCo going to Portland for Ariza and picks. Zach Collins is recovering from a left ankle stress reaction surgery which takes 3-6 months to fully heal. Melo has not yet been resigned, no Whiteside, and Hood is still recovering from his achilles surgery. RoCo set for the starting F spots and maybe small ball center when Nurkic isn't playing. Melo averaged 13.5 shots last season as the starting PF which was more shots than RoCo averaged in Houston. Stock is going up up up.

• Like 1
  • Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please never use the word RoCoanity again. Thank you.

Our Lord will be traveling to Portland of Oregon. Assuming the Lord’s convoy does not encounter any marauders or perilous weather, the Lord should arrive in a fortnight.      

Our Lord in Portland, hallowed by your game. Your 3/3/3 games will come, your worship will be in punt assist squads as it is in the Hall of Stocks. Give us Rest of Season our matchup wins, and f

Posted Images

Maaaan RoCo is a dawg. He's value stays the same no matter where he plays. Per BBM he was 34th ranked player (per game value) last season, and if u punt points the jumps to 15th. So I'll take him 4th round all day

Edited by Stefan
3 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

RoCo going to Portland for Ariza and picks. Zach Collins is recovering from a left ankle stress reaction surgery which takes 3-6 months to fully heal. Melo has not yet been resigned, no Whiteside, and Hood is still recovering from his achilles surgery. RoCo set for the starting F spots and maybe small ball center when Nurkic isn't playing. Melo averaged 13.5 shots last season as the starting PF which was more shots than RoCo averaged in Houston. Stock is going up up up.

Depends on Collins, Whiteside and Melo. 
If they don’t resign Melo and Whiteside I see him having the same amount of productive numbers as last season. 

5 hours ago, Stefan said:

Maaaan RoCo is a dawg. He's value stays the same no matter where he plays. Per BBM he was 34th ranked player (per game value) last season, and if u punt points the jumps to 15th. So I'll take him 4th round all day

Yup that's why he's one of my favourite fantasy players. The very definition of a plug and play guy that works in literally any team composition you put him in.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Yup that's why he's one of my favourite fantasy players. The very definition of a plug and play guy that works in literally any team composition you put him in.

Yesir,
on a week to week basis he can single - handedly win you steals and/or blocks cat. Which he often does.

Only love for that guy ✌️

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Stefan said:

Yesir,
on a week to week basis he can single - handedly win you steals and/or blocks cat. Which he often does.

Only love for that guy ✌️

OK, he is good, but I have played fantasy 11 seasons (I think less than most of you) but never ever somebody has won single-handedly any category for me.

Edited by apatas
17 minutes ago, apatas said:

OK, he is good, but I have played fantasy 11 seasons (I think less than most of you) but never ever somebody has won single-handedly any category for me.

Ok, you get my point. I've played about half of that 7 or 8 seasons IDK, it's not important... But I remember NBA fantasy finals 2017/18 season (2 and a half week matchup). Oladipo and Covi had combined 65 steals and 30 blks for my team. So yeah some players can sometimes win you cats single-handedly

Edited by Stefan
  • Like 2
8 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Ok, you get my point. I've played about half of that 7 or 8 seasons IDK, it's not important... But I remember NBA fantasy finals 2017/18 season (2 and a half week matchup). Oladipo and Covi had combined 65 steals and 30 blks for my team. So yeah some players can sometimes win you cats single-handedly

OK, I always count a category winner a player who have done decisive steal (or other cat) on Sunday at last day of the week. I remember two seasons ago happened that I trailed before Sunday by 7-8 steals (don't remember) and then suddenly at Monday morning (games played at night in Estonian time) I realized I won steals! Because Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (I played in deep league!) made 5 steals for my team! This time he was a winner but sometimes decisive is a one single steal by the player who usually is not good in this category. And by this reason I basically don't count a number of the steals of my team members but winner is always the whole team. That is just my approach, sorry!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Our Lord will be traveling to Portland of Oregon. Assuming the Lord’s convoy does not encounter any marauders or perilous weather, the Lord should arrive in a fortnight.

king-traveling-by-horsedrawn-litter-illu

And this is why I draft the Lord every year LOL

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, fabrar said:

And this is why I draft the Lord every year LOL

Pretty much, I draft him just so I can join in on his threads  😍

And the fact you know what you're going to get from him, year in, year out.

Edited by DamoESP
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Cov in Minnesota really struggled last year. His final value was all Houston fit and usage. When a guy doesn't score big he really can't slump which is a godsend for fantasy. Portland traded 2 first round picks for Cov so I would guess his minutes will be in the 30s.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

That Forward spot is a log jam.

Covington

Hood

Carmelo

Derrick Jones Jr

Zach Collins

Lord will find a way, he always does :) 
Jokes aside... its f ucked up now. I might draft Oubre, MPJ and J. Brown before Covi. And I love Roco

• Like 2
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Robert Covington 2020-2021 Outlook