NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Robert Covington 2020-2021 Outlook

21 minutes ago, Boogie Buckets said:

I dunno bruh I’m a Blazers fan and have been watching them for years now, the offense is basically identical to how its always been. If anything Nurk will get more playmaking duties but CJ and Dame will be the main beneficiaries of that. RoCo’s going to attack closeouts and shoot open corner 3’s all year I wouldnt expect much more than that. Dame and CJ aren’t selfish but I don’t believe RoCo is someone to demand more touches, hes going to play a role, we’ve just gotta hope the stocks return in bunches. I would say he maybe shoots a couple more shots a game but with guys like Melo and Gary Trent Jr. lurking around too there are too many guys willing to shoot before dishing to the Lord

Yup,and don't forget Kanter,there are too many guy in Blazers demand the shot.The Lord will be lucky to have 10 shot/game

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheBigSlick said:

Oh goodness, so much disappointment left to go 😣😂

i just traded for him..so I have no idea what you are talking about! haha  I told RoCo the past is the past.. new lease with me.. get ready fellas im the good luck you needed!

1 minute ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

One of the 10 Commandments:

4. Thou shall not sell low on thy Lord.

1 minute ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

One of the 10 Commandments:

4. Thou shall not sell low on thy Lord.

what are the 10 Commandments of owning Thy Lord?   First time owner...

Every year Covington starts off slow. And every year everyone on here whines and complains and panics and sells low or drops...and then my boy goes off and ends the year as a top 40 player in 9 CAT ;)  

Who are the people in this thread every year who are freaking out after 10-15 games? 8-10 team leagues? Points leagues? (he's not really a points league guy). Did people take him with their 3rd pick in a 10 teamer? lol  People who freak out on here need to go back and look at the Covington threads from the last 4 years and look at all the rookies who panicked and dropped only to be punished.

The minutes are there. The steals are there. The rebounds are there. The 1.6 threes per game will trend higher as he improves his fg% and as the Blazers incorporate him more and get used to him being part of the offence. He's not going to shoot 36fg% the rest of the year. That's going to increase slightly. The defensive stats will be there as long as the minutes are there. So his blocks will trend up. He's had over a block a game for four straight years (2.2 in Houston and 1.8 in Philly).

Last four years per BBM in 9 CAT:

2016-2017: 36th

2017-2018: 36th

2018-2019: 18th

2019-2020: 34th

Patience. Trust in thy Lord!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gymchamp said:

2016-2017: 36th

2017-2018: 36th

2018-2019: 18th

2019-2020: 34th

Patience. Trust in thy Lord!

“Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD,
whose trust is the LORD.
He is like a tree planted by water,
that sends out its roots by the stream,
and does not fear when heat comes,
for its leaves remain green,
and is not anxious in the year of drought,
for it does not cease to bear fruit.”
-Jeremiah 17:7-8

Stop the blasphemy.  Robert Covington is a mere man.  Trust in God above.  ONLY.

• Haha 1