NBC Sports Edge Forums

Robert Covington 2020-2021 Outlook

Someone dropped Alec Burks and I'm so tempted to make the switch and dump this dude to the waivers. But I feel like he's gonna go off as soon as I do LOL

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please never use the word RoCoanity again. Thank you.

Our Lord will be traveling to Portland of Oregon. Assuming the Lord’s convoy does not encounter any marauders or perilous weather, the Lord should arrive in a fortnight.      

Thy Lord has always been generous in his bounty notwithstanding his place of domicile.  He delivered in Philly with abundance as he did in the wasteland called Minnesota.  He reached his peak of gener

Posted Images

The blocks for the foundation are set. Soon the house of worship shall rise and the Land of Port (🤪) be blessed.

Seriously those 2 blocks won me the category. So I guess I’ll hold... as a thank you for his blessings. 🤡

16 minutes ago, csklmf said:

Can’t believe this *********** only scores 2 pts and now I lose this week 4-5 by 2 pts 

Hey he got 2 FTs there at the end of regulation so congrats on the 4-4 tie! Meanwhile all I asked for was at least 5 REBs and RoCo did not deliver...

He still holds a lot of real-life value for Portland on Defense but he just doesn’t look good on Offense; hesitant shot, doesn’t crash the boards, just hangs around the 3pt line. Even without Nurc and CJ his usage is horrible! 

People say he started slow last year but this Portland team has bigs and efficient shooters unlike Houston last year. At this point its sunk cost fallacy and he's just losing us weeks with his horrible %'s and no stocks! Time to cut and stop sabotaging your team! And if it was meant to be he'll be there on the WW still if/when he does figure out! 

• Like 2

I've traded him. Almost dropped him, because this time in Portland, isn't just a slow start, it's something more.

I guess it's a bad fit, he looks too passive on offense, roaming the 3 pt line, and there's almost no blks (those 2 he got today he got them in the the first minutes, maybe he got lucky), low stls,inconsistent rebounding, horrendous shooting. IDK.

He did good job on D last night and also had few deflections that could of been steals... but he also managed to brick all his 3s and to exit for a moment with neck issue.

rock bottom, but no way I'm dropping in my deep 14T league.

8 hours ago, Heavy_Jon said:

I've traded him. Almost dropped him, because this time in Portland, isn't just a slow start, it's something more.

I guess it's a bad fit, he looks too passive on offense, roaming the 3 pt line, and there's almost no blks (those 2 he got today he got them in the the first minutes, maybe he got lucky), low stls,inconsistent rebounding, horrendous shooting. IDK.

Who’d you trade him for. Legit curious to see what his market value is nowadays 

I've said goodbye to the lord as well and turned my vision to greener pastures in the form of streaming until JJJ is back. He shall lay on my watchlist until his resurrection is complete and I can only hope I am blessed to once again roster him. 

• Like 1

Yep, dropped him for Seth Curry. Hurt to do so, but RoCo is just so bad right now and I have a tough time believing he suddenly starts making shots with the added pressure from defenses that don’t have to worry about McCollum or Nurkic.

Just now, QingJames said:

Yep, dropped him for Seth Curry. Hurt to do so, but RoCo is just so bad right now and I have a tough time believing he suddenly starts making shots with the added pressure from defenses that don’t have to worry about McCollum or Nurkic.

Lol Dropped for Seth Curry. What a nice league. I want to hear some real drops!

Anybody here dropping for like Alex Len or Moritz Wagner or something. Realistic people who are on the waivers.

• Like 3
Just now, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Lol Dropped for Seth Curry. What a nice league. I want to hear some real drops!

Anybody here dropping for like Alex Len or Moritz Wagner or something. Realistic people who are on the waivers.

It’s a 10 team tbf, and a couple of guys aren’t too active on the waivers.

Career averages  9 NBA SEASONS

411 GP/30MPG ( 12,330 NBA Mins)   2.3 3pm,  12.5 PPG, 5.7RBS, 1.5 asts, 1.6stls,0.9 blks,  40%FG, 35% 3pFG, 81 FT

2021                15 games/ 30 MPG  (450 mins)        1.5 3pm, 6.5 PPG, 5.5 RBS, 1.7ast, 1.4stls, 0.6 blks,    30%FG, 27.8%,  90% FT

Perspective...  unless you think he is going to suddenly shoot this poorly all year he is a hold in any deep league.. 12+ team

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2