NBC Sports Edge Forums

Robert Covington 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please never use the word RoCoanity again. Thank you.

Our Lord will be traveling to Portland of Oregon. Assuming the Lord’s convoy does not encounter any marauders or perilous weather, the Lord should arrive in a fortnight.      

Our Lord in Portland, hallowed by your game. Your 3/3/3 games will come, your worship will be in punt assist squads as it is in the Hall of Stocks. Give us Rest of Season our matchup wins, and f

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Melo might have finally changed for the better (because he had no choice) but he’s still going to demand he get his touches aka dribble dribble dribble pull up or pass.

And refuse to come off the bench 

• Like 1

To clarify I am not saying Roco will be bad but I don’t expect him to play 30 mins a night (I could be wrong) which means no top 30-40 production more like top 60-70 in my opinion. Too many options it was bad enough he woulda been the last option scoring wise but with so many people playing similar positions he won’t be getting heavy minutes to produce those stocks he did with Houston. I expect Minnesota production but even a little worse than that.

10 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

like what he offers but its tough to take him over a volume guy like lavine, middelton, ingram,

also will be 30 so decline in the stocks would kill his value.

His value is 3s steals blocks. Less minutes less of those because he doesn’t score he doesn’t assists and his rebounds for his position is average

Roco is getting 30+ minutes, anyone who thinks otherwise is heavily misguided. For a long time now, Portland's biggest weakness has been a truly great 3 and D guy...and guess what Roco is? A great 3 and D guy! He plugs up some the Blazers' weak perimeter defense, and can bomb 3s to his heart's content. There's zero chance that scrubs like Hood, Derrick Jones and Melo get more play time than him. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, FantasyBallFan said:

Why would Portland give up the 16th pick in this years draft + a 2021 FRP and not play him 30 minutes? He can literally play in any of the front court positions and as long as Whiteside is gone I see a floor of 30 minutes.

Yeah and I am sure Whiteside is gone, since they signed Kanter.

• 2 weeks later...

Roco and DJJ slotted for the starting forward spots. So it looks like Roco will start at the 4 and backed up by Zach (whenever he is healthy). This should give roco enough mins to be productive as usual. 

Covington is very valuable in middle rounds if you started with players who have more assists/rebounds, but less stocks. But if you start for example: Anthony Davis (1st round), John Collins (2nd), Chris Paul (3rd), then you don't need any stocks too much and you can draft more shooters in middle rounds and also find additional assists.

Edited by apatas

people should try punt reb with roco, turner, siakam, markan, jjj, brolo ect all center eligible.

tough not to also punt fg% but possible. really hammer threes and blks from ur bigs and got ur front 3/4 picks for volume with guards/wings

Edited by colepenhagen

The thing about lowkey fantasy gods like Roco is they're much more valuable as waiver snags who compliment your offensive stars than as guys you draft to BE one of your stars.. most of my big fantasy disappointments have been early round role players with extraordinary per-36's whose value has little to do with scoring, because it's easier to find partial versions of these players late in drafts than the primary ball-handling types available at the same time - players around whom teams are built.

Are you more likely to find someone reliable who puts up 70% of Roco's numbers late in a draft (let's say OG Anunoby) or someone who puts up 70% of Malcolm Brogdon's (Derrick White or Dragic)? My answer would be Roco because Anunoby is easily the safest situation among those three, and there are lots of similar guys available past 100, even some after the draft ends. Can't say the same thing about playmakers with a concrete path to minutes.

• Like 1

RoCo is absolutely in a great situation this season. I love the FC eligibility now. Elite in 3pm, Steals, Blocks. There are very few players like him.

Got him at #58 in my very competitive H2H league, and thrilled to get him.

• Like 3

I chose somebody else over Lord Cov in the 5th rd in my first draft of the season...it hurts my soul, and I honestly was hoping someone else just took one of them before so I didn’t have to make that decision.

He’s going to smite me with a 16/8/2/4/2 (3-3PM) type line in the first few games...i just know it 😢

• Haha 3
15 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

For anyone thinking he won't get 30 minutes, he has received 25 and 27+ minutes in 2 PRESEASON games so far, pretty much leading the team.

He is a Rock.

yeah, he pretty much looks like a lock for 35 mpg

17 hours ago, IDatDude said:

I chose somebody else over Lord Cov in the 5th rd in my first draft of the season...it hurts my soul, and I honestly was hoping someone else just took one of them before so I didn’t have to make that decision.

He’s going to smite me with a 16/8/2/4/2 (3-3PM) type line in the first few games...i just know it 😢

It's ok my child, the Lord is kind and forgiving and accepts you nonetheless. 

• Haha 3
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Robert Covington 2020-2021 Outlook