Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Robert Covington 2020-2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

Just now, sickrookie said:

i'm going to check back here a month later to see if you're still holding him. I hope you figure him out.

i for surely won't be overly reactionary like you and drop a guy that's just missing shots but is still top 150 on the season lol. unless you play in a super shallow league hes a hold

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, lethotjames23 said:

i for surely won't be overly reactionary like you and drop a guy that's just missing shots but is still top 150 on the season lol. unless you play in a super shallow league hes a hold

I agree. But missing shots for a month? That's like 30 days. So in between games, practices and warmups you still is just "missing shots"?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

I agree. But missing shots for a month? That's like 30 days. So in between games, practices and warmups you still is just "missing shots"?

he's infamous for this man. he's had stretches like this literally his entire career.

 

idk why so many of you act like you've never been through this type of **** before

 

act like you've been here before. but you say you agree so i'm guessing you know what i mean

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, lethotjames23 said:

he's infamous for this man. he's had stretches like this literally his entire career.

 

idk why so many of you act like you've never been through this type of **** before

 

act like you've been here before. but you say you agree so i'm guessing you know what i mean

Yeah i agree, but I've heard of maybe a week or maybe like 5-7 games, but not a month and 16 games in. Like bro! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Yeah i agree, but I've heard of maybe a week or maybe like 5-7 games, but not a month and 16 games in. Like bro! 

lol i've just traded for him so i'm biased in that i dont feel as spurned yet, but i have faith he'll come through. he's too talented a player to completely fall off this quickly. although that does happen to guys every so often. it is what it is, i'm taking a gamble on him though. too much upside not to

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, lethotjames23 said:

 

such an incredibly bad take lmao

Imo it's really not a bad take. He doesn't fit in Portland. Have you seen any of Portlands games? He doesn't pass the "eye" test. And I've said this in a previous post but he just stands in the corner and doesn't even crash the boards. 

His usage is down to <12% on that team and not much has changed even with the few games we got with no CJ or Nurk.

You made a trade so I know your being overly optimistic and I'm a jaded RoCo owner who drafted him in the 5th round but g'luck. In the end he should get you STLs and 3Pts while taking a hit to your FG% but it just seems like value you can find on the waiver or even through streaming...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, sickrookie said:

he's an odd fit in portland. Screw him and move on.  

Because nobody wants the starting forward that has several years history of production when 3 of his team’s main rotation pieces are sidelined... said no one ever. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, RocketIndian49 said:

Imo it's really not a bad take. He doesn't fit in Portland. Have you seen any of Portlands games? He doesn't pass the "eye" test. And I've said this in a previous post but he just stands in the corner and doesn't even crash the boards. 

His usage is down to <12% on that team and not much has changed even with the few games we got with no CJ or Nurk.

You made a trade so I know your being overly optimistic and I'm a jaded RoCo owner who drafted him in the 5th round but g'luck. In the end he should get you STLs and 3Pts while taking a hit to your FG% but it just seems like value you can find on the waiver or even through streaming...

 

 

1 minute ago, 80version said:

Because nobody wants the starting forward that has several years history of production when 3 of his team’s main rotation pieces are sidelined... said no one ever. 

didn't even have to write a response, this dude did it for me while i was about to say nearly the same thing lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, 80version said:

Because nobody wants the starting forward that has several years history of production when 3 of his team’s main rotation pieces are sidelined... said no one ever. 

 

7 minutes ago, lethotjames23 said:

 

didn't even have to write a response, this dude did it for me while i was about to say nearly the same thing lol

I wonder if y'all actually watch any of the games? Even with all the injuries to the Blazers, nothing has changed in terms of usage or actual output. 

You can't always count history. The first reply to you was actually about his "fit" on the Blazers. Opprtunity/situations matter. He went from a dream situation playing PF/C small ball and on defense using his quickness and length on PnRs getting stocks to now playing with a C and ton of SF/PF types and getting asked to just defend man on man.

Hope he snaps out of it but ~1.5STLs ~2.5 3Pts I can find on the WW.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, RocketIndian49 said:

 

I wonder if y'all actually watch any of the games? Even with all the injuries to the Blazers, nothing has changed in terms of usage or actual output. 

You can't always count history. The first reply to you was actually about his "fit" on the Blazers. Opprtunity/situations matter. He went from a dream situation playing PF/C small ball and on defense using his quickness and length on PnRs getting stocks to now playing with a C and ton of SF/PF types and getting asked to just defend man on man.

Hope he snaps out of it but ~1.5STLs ~2.5 3Pts I can find on the WW.

who is averaging 1.5 stls on the waiver wire? lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, lethotjames23 said:

i for surely won't be overly reactionary like you and drop a guy that's just missing shots but is still top 150 on the season lol. unless you play in a super shallow league hes a hold

He's can be dropped in a 10team leauge. 12 I would hold 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, lethotjames23 said:

who is averaging 1.5 stls on the waiver wire? lol

lol Hmmmm let's see so I got Delon Wright but guys owned under 50% in Yahoo how about C.Reddish, or maybe R.Rubio, or you could even get TJ.McConnell or Tyus Jones. Doesn't matter who, in the end a streaming spot will easily give you the production you were hoping for...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, RocketIndian49 said:

lol Hmmmm let's see so I got Delon Wright but guys owned under 50% in Yahoo how about C.Reddish, or maybe R.Rubio, or you could even get TJ.McConnell or Tyus Jones. Doesn't matter who, in the end a streaming spot will easily give you the production you were hoping for...

and how many of those guys can hit more than 1 three a game? that's where covingtons value lies. 3s and steals. also, none of those guys are available in my league. if you're in a deep league you can't drop him, simple as that.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, summersoff7 said:

I told you guys pages ago to stop blaspheming the real God-Jesus Christ.  Now Robert has been smited and so have his owners.

 

There is only one God.  Worship Him and Him alone. 

 

Not Robert Covington.

You're right there is only one Lord.

 

Lord Covington. Wake up heathen

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, lethotjames23 said:

and how many of those guys can hit more than 1 three a game? that's where covingtons value lies. 3s and steals. also, none of those guys are available in my league. if you're in a deep league you can't drop him, simple as that.

 

 

That's fair. Just remember, in a season like this where you're going to get guys like T.Maxey and RJax and other just pop off for 7-10 days at a time I'd be careful in the "wait and see" approach, especially when it's actively hurting your team! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, PUNTSQUAD said:

Feels weird that I'm desperately hoping he gets the OUT tag so I can stash him on IR yet here we are

Dude same.  I’d love the IL spot so I can pick up a streamer for tomorrow and leave Cov on the IL until he can get his **** together. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...