NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Robert Covington 2020-2021 Outlook

6 minutes ago, KingDURANTULA said:

maybe the concussion brought thy Lord to life

On 1/26/2021 at 6:58 PM, lethotjames23 said:

just traded for him the other day. have bought low on covington in exact times like this before on multiple occasions and its helped me win my fantasy league.

i can already see it now, he comes back from this concussion and some of you make jokes about how it knocked his abilities back into him or some ****

lfg

the terrible concussion jokes have already begun. never in doubt

26 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Running to pick a guy up who got 4 flukey steals. About as flukey as Zeller’s 7 assists and Lonzo hitting 7 threes. 

i know this is bait, but lmao at the dude who's consistently in the leaders for spg every year getting "flukey steals"

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The steals will be there but the rest of his stats are still lacking. Were getting excited about him hitting 3/5. The big red flag is that he's only getting 5 attempts playing 34 mins on a team without CJ and Nurk. Too many ball hogs on this team. He doesn't block without center mins too which he's not getting somehow. He's almost like the front court player version of Delon Wright now. 

1 hour ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Running to pick a guy up who got 4 flukey steals. About as flukey as Zeller’s 7 assists and Lonzo hitting 7 threes. 

The 1.6 steals he is averaging is probably fluky as well because he has never done that before

Picked him back up for the upcoming 4 week schedule. Let's see what happens

+ RoCo plays Tues/Thurs very few games scheduled there. Trying to set up an optimal lineup with max games played.

H2H 10er 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JimmyDolan said:

Dropped in my 16 teamer. Couldnt believe my eyes.

Yeah.. that's dumb. It's somewhat understandable if it's a 12-teamer.

Covington for the year is ranked 142nd, 99th for the last 15, and 33rd for the last 7. I'd not trust the 7 because it's for one game, but he may be trending up. Personally, I'm holding, but I totally understand dropping in a 12-teamer, depending of course for who. I highly doubt he'll be top-60 gold like many think, but it's possible he'll edge up to top-90 value, if his stocks can remain consistent and his rebounds/pts go up. Dude is a career 40% shooter, so he'll never impress there, and with the way he's being used I'd be surprised if he even cracks 10 points as an average. 

Maybe he's just gassed. I know I haven't been impressed watching him this year. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tomy said:

For me the problem is %FG

For example, i have Portis who give me good %FG

difficult to hold a player with this %
i don’t know future but now he kills %FG

Yeah, mate. Covington has never helped FG%. To be fair though, he doesn't take a lot of attempts. It's easy to counteract.