Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Robert Covington 2020-2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please never use the word RoCoanity again. Thank you.

Our Lord will be traveling to Portland of Oregon. Assuming the Lord’s convoy does not encounter any marauders or perilous weather, the Lord should arrive in a fortnight.      

Thy Lord has always been generous in his bounty notwithstanding his place of domicile.  He delivered in Philly with abundance as he did in the wasteland called Minnesota.  He reached his peak of gener

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Getting this close to rage-dropping this dude. Josh Jackson off the wire is giving me what he's supposed to lol 

are you guys ******** serious again lmfao did you miss the part where he's providing 3rd round value the past 2 weeks

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Stop being bipolar guys, he's a player to definitely have ups and downs. Just average it out. 

That said, he is getting the most opportunity right now. You can talk about dropping when Nurk comes back.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

Stop being bipolar guys, he's a player to definitely have ups and downs. Just average it out. 

That said, he is getting the most opportunity right now. You can talk about dropping when Nurk comes back.

Not sure why dropping would be a discussion when Nurk comes back? Covys value is in his defense and has very little to do with volume and usage. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, sharkpotato said:

Not sure why dropping would be a discussion when Nurk comes back? Covys value is in his defense and has very little to do with volume and usage. 

He plays small ball C with Nurk injured, which is an easy source of Rebs and Blks like in Houston. It's a major part of his comeback right now. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rob0403 said:

He plays small ball C with Nurk injured, which is an easy source of Rebs and Blks like in Houston. It's a major part of his comeback right now. 

he absolutely does not. he hasn't played a minute at center. its been purely kanter and giles.

 

man.. some of you just completely talk out of your a** lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, sharkpotato said:

Not sure why dropping would be a discussion when Nurk comes back? Covys value is in his defense and has very little to do with volume and usage. 

Thank you. I’m still trying to figure out why people still draft Covington if they don’t know. That’s like hiring somebody and not knowing their skills.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Rotoworld... However, he could see more minutes at center — and more touches in general — while Jusuf Nurkic (wrist) is out, so that could help his shot-blocking numbers and overall usage. Hopefully, he'll be able to finally get things going over the next few weeks.

    Jan 15, 2021, 1:09 AM ET
     
    image.png.c3f797b8f2c336a1d10b3fcfa57db0d7.png
     
    The minutes he's "streamed" into C is trending up. And before they could "rely" on Nurkic at the rim.
     
    You are right though, Giles is getting more C recently, especially in last night's blowout.
  •  
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Thank you. I’m still trying to figure out why people still draft Covington if they don’t know. That’s like hiring somebody and not knowing their skills.

Bruh ppl hire unqualified people all the time lol 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have watched a few Portland games and I don't know why but good Lord are they an atrocious team to watch. Every dude is a ball hog who just throws up threes without looking for an open teammate. Even the Cavs announcers mentioned how its all ISO threes. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

I have watched a few Portland games and I don't know why but good Lord are they an atrocious team to watch. Every dude is a ball hog who just throws up threes without looking for an open teammate. Even the Cavs announcers mentioned how its all ISO threes. 

I tried to watch that game. Thought it would be interesting. Almost puked when Drummond stared down Kanter at the post for 5 seconds. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

I tried to watch that game. Thought it would be interesting. Almost puked when Drummond stared down Kanter at the post for 5 seconds. 

Man Drummond is one of the worst real life starters I have ever seen. Kills everything the team does and you can tell the mood has gone down in Cleveland. Allen outplays him nightly yet is only getting minutes in the 20's

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DonutGiveUp said:

I have watched a few Portland games and I don't know why but good Lord are they an atrocious team to watch. Every dude is a ball hog who just throws up threes without looking for an open teammate. Even the Cavs announcers mentioned how its all ISO threes. 

Completely agree. Stotts needs to go, he has a lot of good pieces and some guys with interesting skillsets on that team, and yet his gameplans are so unimaginative and utterly predictable, which is part of the reason they get slapped out of the playoffs year-in, year-out. This year definitely takes the cake though for the worst ‘system’ (if you can even call it that) I’ve ever seen Stotts run.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, QingJames said:

Completely agree. Stotts needs to go, he has a lot of good pieces and some guys with interesting skillsets on that team, and yet his gameplans are so unimaginative and utterly predictable, which is part of the reason they get slapped out of the playoffs year-in, year-out. This year definitely takes the cake though for the worst ‘system’ (if you can even call it that) I’ve ever seen Stotts run.

Which is funny because I was watching the game last night and the announcers talked about how they interviewed Stotts and he said this is his best team ever from 1-15 since being the coach for Portland.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2021 at 12:20 AM, fabrar said:

Getting this close to rage-dropping this dude. Josh Jackson off the wire is giving me what he's supposed to lol 

 

On 2/13/2021 at 12:37 AM, DonutGiveUp said:

Couldn't put the ball into an ocean, minutes dwindling why exactly are we holding? 

 

incredible how quick it takes to make some of you guys look absolutely braindead

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...