NBC Sports Edge Forums

Robert Covington 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please never use the word RoCoanity again. Thank you.

Our Lord will be traveling to Portland of Oregon. Assuming the Lord’s convoy does not encounter any marauders or perilous weather, the Lord should arrive in a fortnight.      

Our Lord in Portland, hallowed by your game. Your 3/3/3 games will come, your worship will be in punt assist squads as it is in the Hall of Stocks. Give us Rest of Season our matchup wins, and f

Posted Images

On 2/12/2021 at 9:20 PM, fabrar said:

Getting this close to rage-dropping this dude. Josh Jackson off the wire is giving me what he's supposed to lol 

Josh Jackson could never. 

On 2/12/2021 at 9:37 PM, DonutGiveUp said:

Couldn't put the ball into an ocean, minutes dwindling why exactly are we holding? 

I think this question has been answered, yes? 

• Haha 2

Lord Covington, father of stocks, forgive us our trespasses and doubts. And we will forgive those who trespassed against you. Holy Robert, father of being rage dropped, we will never drop you again. Now and forever. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Portis4Potus said:

Lord Covington, father of stocks, forgive us our trespasses and doubts. And we will forgive those who trespassed against you. Holy Robert, father of being rage dropped, we will never drop you again. Now and forever. 

Amen lord please forgive me for my lack of faith and doubt in your glory 

• Like 2
On 1/26/2021 at 6:58 PM, lethotjames23 said:

just traded for him the other day. have bought low on covington in exact times like this before on multiple occasions and its helped me win my fantasy league.

i can already see it now, he comes back from this concussion and some of you make jokes about how it knocked his abilities back into him or some ****

lfg

damn this guy is super prescient! rotoworld edge sports needs to sign him to a max!

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, CharlesCC2 said:

14 blocks attributed to him alone in three games this week.  UNREAL.

He is going to single handedly win me this category this week. Without him I would've been down 2 blocks. Incredible.

• Like 2
On 1/25/2021 at 2:28 PM, hornrimmed_rambis said:

image.png.165197e1fb466f62cd31ac817d50497d.png

In the 2016-2017 season, through the first 18 games, here are his numbers. They are eerily similar to our current stretch. Notice the FG%, .308 vs. .303. Notice the low blocks. 

He finished that season ranked #37 overall. After the first 18 games, he was #25 overall.

He did not forget how to play basketball this year, and he is 30 years old. There is no pickup with his upside, and if he was dropped in your league, you should pick him up.

One month ago, posted this. I said it happened before, and he went back to be #25 after his slow start. Well, boys and girls, we all know what happened after that. He is #23 over the last month!

Who could have seen this coming?

• Like 6
48 minutes ago, DoubleMcChickenn said:

The blocks and rebounds will probably drop when Nurkic comes back. On the other hand, he'll get to shoot more 3s and maybe slight increase of steals.

Why?  Kanter is filling the Nurkic spot, and he's been getting plenty of rebounds.  What changes about what RoCo is doing or about the role he'll fill when Nurkic comes back?

Edit: I guess you mean maybe times when Kanter is on the bench and RoCo has to play bigs more.  I guess this could have some impact.  Whereas when Nurkic is back Kanter will fill in off the bench.

But from the little I've paid attention to RoCo lately when he has to guard much bigger bigs isn't when he's getting blocks, its when he's playing guys more his size or when he's able to help off ball.  Him having to play a small ball center is not conducive to him getting blocks IMO.

Edited by CharlesCC2
  • Like 1