NBC Sports Edge Forums

Robert Covington 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please never use the word RoCoanity again. Thank you.

Our Lord will be traveling to Portland of Oregon. Assuming the Lord’s convoy does not encounter any marauders or perilous weather, the Lord should arrive in a fortnight.      

Our Lord in Portland, hallowed by your game. Your 3/3/3 games will come, your worship will be in punt assist squads as it is in the Hall of Stocks. Give us Rest of Season our matchup wins, and f

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Boogie Buckets said:

Punting fg% and my team has started the week off 65% shooting in part because of this demon, sure 

seriously! we didnt ask for this smh.

• Like 1

I own Covington first time and wanted to ask: is he always so inconsistent? I think last season stats were still better despite some good games recently? To own him is quite frustrating because so much "empty" lines, but here everybody is very high on him. I drafted him as 58th pick and I still think I could have chose better available player (for example available were Tobias Harris, Gordon Hayward, Myles Turner and some others).

14 minutes ago, apatas said:

I own Covington first time and wanted to ask: is he always so inconsistent? I think last season stats were still better despite some good games recently? To own him is quite frustrating because so much "empty" lines, but here everybody is very high on him. I drafted him as 58th pick and I still think I could have chose better available player (for example available were Tobias Harris, Gordon Hayward, Myles Turner and some others).

he transitionally outranked those guys and Hayward was coming of an injury season.

37 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

he transitionally outranked those guys and Hayward was coming of an injury season.

I mean these three are all now actually ranked among TOP30. The fact that maybe Covington was ranked higher before season doesn't help me because I did a mistake by not drafting Harris or Turner.

3 minutes ago, apatas said:

I mean these three are all now actually ranked among TOP30. The fact that maybe Covington was ranked higher before season doesn't help me because I did a mistake by not drafting Harris or Turner.

I wouldn't call it a mistake since we didn't know about Turner and even harris was just top 50 last year. Just like no one one knew Ayton and Booker would be subpar this season.

The main reason why I write here is that very often I have heard how Covington is like savior who won for somebody blocks or steals. At first: Covington alone can't win anything. If you have decent rest of team and at least average in stocks then Covington can help you to be higher in stocks. But it helps you in Roto, but not in H2H. I have Covington in my 20 team league and what is result? I am in third place both at steals and blocks, but how much I have won weeks? Steals 3-6-1 and blocks 6-4-0. You see - I have third in steals but still 3-6-1!!! That is my answer if anybody says: if you have Covington you win steals. As you see, in Roto yes (3rd place), in H2H no.

2 hours ago, apatas said:

The main reason why I write here is that very often I have heard how Covington is like savior who won for somebody blocks or steals. At first: Covington alone can't win anything. If you have decent rest of team and at least average in stocks then Covington can help you to be higher in stocks. But it helps you in Roto, but not in H2H. I have Covington in my 20 team league and what is result? I am in third place both at steals and blocks, but how much I have won weeks? Steals 3-6-1 and blocks 6-4-0. You see - I have third in steals but still 3-6-1!!! That is my answer if anybody says: if you have Covington you win steals. As you see, in Roto yes (3rd place), in H2H no.

yeah, im also floating between n2 and n3 in steals in H2H this whole season yet ive only won that cat 3 times this season...

Pretty quiet in here after ANOTHER big game 🤨🤣 Where are all the amateurs who dropped him after 15 games lol His situation has changed right? He's gonna shoot 30% forever lol Panic?! Panic!! Drop! lol

Per BBM, he's worked his way up to 62nd on the season and 28th for the last month. Held and never doubted he'd do what he always does. Every year in this thread same thing lol This guy is a stud.

• Like 3

Apparently he mentioned in a post-game interview that he's aware of his shooting woes from earlier in the season and has been working with his shooting coach to tweak some of his shooting drills in order to ensure more consistency. 

• Like 3

Always nice to see him contribute across all stats but he burned me the last couple of years I rostered him so never bothered.  Still glad for those who reaped his rewards

I was one of the ones that dropped but it felt like a mighty betrayal, as I've had RoCo on my team for years now. So I picked him back up shortly after and man, am I ever glad I did. I would be very salty now if I was still stuck with that bum Seth Curry instead of the LORD.

We are but simple serfs tilling the fields of Lord Covington's domain. Let us look to the moon of Portlandus for good tidings of threes, plentiful stocks, and rebounds while enduring inevitable, but short lived, shooting slumps. Hope not for war, but peace throughout the land. Lord Covington is a demanding master and will not hesitate to send us to the battlefield, but we must perform our duty if that time may come upon us, for he is deserving of our patronage. 

Stay strong my fellow followers.

Edited by xlosingmyedgex
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, fabrar said:

Apparently he mentioned in a post-game interview that he's aware of his shooting woes from earlier in the season and has been working with his shooting coach to tweak some of his shooting drills in order to ensure more consistency. 

I believe this.  Not just with him hitting more shots, but seeing the shots he's taking.  Before it was pretty much only open spot up threes with nobody around.  Now he's catching it and will have a defender in the area and shoot it, or even a defender right in front of him, jab step, and shoot it as he gets them off balance.  Well, I've seen him do each of these one time anyway.  But yeah, he just seems to be more confident in his shot in being more willing to shoot without having to be super wide open.