NBC Sports Edge Forums

Robert Covington 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please never use the word RoCoanity again. Thank you.

Our Lord will be traveling to Portland of Oregon. Assuming the Lord’s convoy does not encounter any marauders or perilous weather, the Lord should arrive in a fortnight.      

Our Lord in Portland, hallowed by your game. Your 3/3/3 games will come, your worship will be in punt assist squads as it is in the Hall of Stocks. Give us Rest of Season our matchup wins, and f

Posted Images

Yeah, a lot of ridiculousness across these boards on certain players. I'm not sure who they were waiving him for.  It's pretty hard to get those defensive stats.  Worrying about his shooting percentage and points to me didn't make sense.  He's low volume in those areas. I agree it is frustrating but he's proven for those 3D stats and he's still dependable for what you get him for.  This site even had at least one writer give up and say it's ok to waive him. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, lethotjames23 said:

absolutely shitting on everyone out there. the perfect roleplayer

95% of me holding RoCo was because he's our Lord and I fear retribution.

5% of me holding RoCo was wanting to watch you rightfully dunk on heretics who lost faith.

• Haha 1

I picked him up off waivers after he had been dropped for about a week. He wasn't getting blocks at all. He was averaging something like .3/g. He was ranked around 100. He litterally hasn't taken his foot off the gass since. Saved my season at this point. 

1 hour ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Thinking back through this thread is wild with how sentiment has changed over the season.  Imagine having dropped this guy.

He was dropped in 3 of my leagues. I paid 10$ FAB even though he was struggling big time in hopes that eventually his talent would win out. Needless to say 3 of my teams are better for it.

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, nrobinson_1984 said:

He was dropped in 3 of my leagues. I paid 10$ FAB even though he was struggling big time in hopes that eventually his talent would win out. Needless to say 3 of my teams are better for it.

Glad you were able to benefit.

I guess if people haven't been down this road before it made sense to think he was a bust.  But people in this thread who considered dropping him were being told that we've seen this story before and that they'd regret it.  Anybody who drafted him had to use a fairly high pick to get him and took him for a reason, unless they were just following the preranks, and I figured they would wait to see if he just needed to find his place with his new team (and remember how to make threes!)

• Like 1
On 1/11/2021 at 11:12 PM, MuscleChestbrook said:

As an OG lord believer who has been with him since his dark philly days back in 15' and draft him every year... this may be the year i finally drop this f---er

God i hate the blazers so much

Oh no young, inexperienced and naïve self, what were you thinking????

Edited by MuscleChestbrook
  • Haha 1

It's gonna suck when it's actually the end of the ride instead of just a slump. For now though, it feels ******** gooood.

Edited by xlosingmyedgex

Per BBM up to 33rd on the season now 🙃😁

Last 2 months 15th.

Last month 7th!!!!! 👊💪 putting up 11.9 pts/ 7.4 reb/ 1.8 ast with 2.9 threes/ 1.9 stl/ 1.8 blk on .491 fg%

This is why any manager who knows what they're doing and is in a competitive league will burn an early pick on him (14 teamer, 4th round pick 56/ 10 teamer, 6th round pick 52) and HOLD through all the noise.

Every year this thread gives me the most amusement and joy haha 🤭😝😂 You need patience and logic in fantasy which clearly a lot of people early in this thread are severely lacking in. Just gonna keep coming back in here to laugh my a** off at all the early panick sellers lol AMATEURS

• Like 2

His numbers somehow got even better with cj and nurk back and with norm in the mix lol. Blazers as a whole just look really good now that they have all their starters healthy. 

• Like 2

Hes playing with so much confidence now man sheesh, hopefully the defense continues forever because theres probably a bit of shooting regression to come. Thought id never be able to win a single matchup with how he was playing after I took him so early and now hes winning me my matchups every week. 

On 4/10/2021 at 11:52 PM, Pumbaa said:

lowest of low lines atm 1-2-1

i hate kanter

Naw it's the moron coach. Zero ball movement and fcuking scrub Hollis-jefferson getting more shots. Stotts is a clown