NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Robert Covington 2020-2021 Outlook

5 minutes ago, brosephd said:

how early would this guy have been drafted had he still be on the rockets? 4th round?

He would have still gotten drafted in the 4th and 5th rounds because his production is portable regardless of team.  Plus, most GMs are attracted to scoring in those first few rounds, which he doesn’t provide.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jordan62345 said:

Hopefully his scoring picks up soon

He attempts approximately 7 threes a game and maybe 3 layups.

Assuming he makes 35% of those threes(2.45*3=7.35 pts) and 60% of his layups & putbacks (1.2*2=2.4 pts ), he will average around 9.75pts a game this year.

52 minutes ago, jordan62345 said:

Hopefully his scoring picks up soon

You don't draft Covington for scoring lol. Granted, it's dropped this year but for the most part he's a 11-12ppg scorer. He'll probably be able to get to that range soon. He tends to be very hot and cold with his shooting

Can't believe people are dropping the Lord. He's really only struggling in scoring - he's still giving you a minimum of 2 stocks every game, and really good rebounds. The shots will eventually start falling and he'll be back up to 11-12 ppg

• Like 1

He is not getting the same touches. I don’t think it has nothing to do with his shot not falling. His stocks are the same but as far as points he is shooting 4 less shots per game. He is averaging about 6 shots a game compared to 10 shots last season. 

37 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

He is not getting the same touches. I don’t think it has nothing to do with his shot not falling. His stocks are the same but as far as points he is shooting 4 less shots per game. He is averaging about 6 shots a game compared to 10 shots last season. 

He’s shooting 32% from the field. If he was shooting better I would bet he’d be getting more touches. Have to consider he’s adjusting a new team and system. I’d give him a little leash to figure things out 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

He’s shooting 32% from the field. If he was shooting better I would bet he’d be getting more touches. Have to consider he’s adjusting a new team and system. I’d give him a little leash to figure things out 

True I’m not dropping him or anything. But coming from an uptempo D’antoni offense to a Stotts offense with McCollum and Lillard jacking up 20 shots per game and them trying to incorporate Nurkic in rhythm. Shots are hard to come by. 

He has averaged slightly over 10 shot attempts per game pretty much every season outside of his first year, so far only averaging around 6 as someone said... The minutes are there, not saying he is guaranteed to get back up to 10 per game but with the minutes it seems possible. He got the shots with westbrook/harden/gordon, so getting them with lillard and mccollum doesnt sound crazy.

Moe Harkless averaged 10 points in 29 minutes per game in 2016 with portland in a similar 3 and D role. 12-13 points would be Preferred for Roco but if harkless can get 10 in 29 minutes Roco should be able to get ~12 in 33-34 minutes.

1 hour ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

3 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

True I’m not dropping him or anything. But coming from an uptempo D’antoni offense to a Stotts offense with McCollum and Lillard jacking up 20 shots per game and them trying to incorporate Nurkic in rhythm. Shots are hard to come by. 

And Harden + Westbrook didn't jack up shots ?  

I still think there's some room for improvement on the shooting , both in attempts and glaring %'s .

Can't get any worse than this. 

2 hours ago, RunCMC said:

And Harden + Westbrook didn't jack up shots ?  

I still think there's some room for improvement on the shooting , both in attempts and glaring %'s .

Can't get any worse than this. 

Yeah I was gonna say, Harden and Westbrook are way bigger ball hogs than Lillard/CJ

17 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

This. Rockets played with a pace of 103.7 last season, while blazers had 100.7, 100.8 this year. If Nurkic plays like a quarterback center (like Jokic), it can probably trend a bit higher, but i doubt that's Stott's playbook

Messed up a pretty much open layup/dunk by double dribbling in the 3rd and then coach sat him for basically the entire 4th quarter. 

Blazers are a dumpster fire. 

Currently my 2nd biggest draft regret behind Love, killing me. 

Edited by DiscoNinja33

3 minutes ago, DiscoNinja33 said:

Messed up a pretty much open layup/dunk by double dribbling in the 3rd and then coach sat him for basically the entire 4th quarter. 

Blazers are a dumpster fire. 

Currently my 2nd biggest draft regret behind Love, killing me. 

Sorry I own him this year 😌

3 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

RoCo wtf mate ... 

Two 3s and 2 steals is still pretty huge. Although his tiny usage is a little concerning. The blazers are a mess right now and somethings gotta give at some point. This is the bottom of his floor which isn't too bad. 

After the last scene of my life flashed before me,
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that at many times along the path of my life,
especially at the very lowest and saddest times,
there was only one set of footprints.

This really troubled me, so I asked the Lord about it.
"Lord, you said once I decided to follow you,
You'd walk with me all the way.
But I noticed that during the saddest and most troublesome times of my life,
there was only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why, when I needed You the most, You would leave me."

He whispered, "My precious child, I love you and will never leave you
Never, ever, during your trials and testings.
When you saw only one set of footprints,
It was then that I carried you."

• Haha 1