NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Robert Covington 2020-2021 Outlook

2 minutes ago, Austin_Rivers said:

Two 3s and 2 steals is still pretty huge. Although his tiny usage is a little concerning. The blazers are a mess right now and somethings gotta give at some point. This is the bottom of his floor which isn't too bad. 

Not that huge honestly in shallow to normal sized leagues. His FG attempts is what's worrying me more than anything 

Huge variance game to game. It's either 3-4 attempts or 7-9 .

But it is what it is , just venting a bit.

I'm in love with the CoCo , I mean RoCo lol. Not doubting him, same thing happened playing for Houston last year. 

Started off slow then went ham. 

36 minutes ago, AomineDaiki05 said:

Cov is exactly the reason why people were saying that Lillard is not a superstar, and why Portland is not a contender. He played for three different superstar filled teams, and he was always involved in the offense. Now he is in Portland, and somehow they are having trouble incorporating him into theirs. He is not shooting well is not a valid excuse anymore. Lord was 2 out of 2 for three and did not shoot the third one. 

It's the ballhandlers duty to involve other players in offense and both CJ and Lillard do not know how to do it. It's ridiculous. We are at the point where he so rarely receives the ball, that when he does, he doesn't know what to do with it.

In the situations like this, you start to appreciate the mastery of players like Harden who know how to include players and make them better.

What a joke Portland is, hoping for another trade things are clearly never gonna work here. 

We have played what 5 games? With 3 games of preseason and trying to incorporate new players on the team? Hell nurkic has even looked terrible. If you are a true believer in the lord you will know that the lord giveth and the lord taketh away. He will have cold slumps where he may be outside of the top 200 for weeks, and then follow that up with weeks of top 20 production when he catches fire. Don’t lose faith, and the lord shall repent you of your sins.

Edited by Randomguy
  • Like 5

This is one of those cases, if you know hoops and watch 2 Portland games, it's pretty convincing this team is a disaster

Dame and CJ are more selfish than I even remembered, this will not be the Covington of old, I sold for Nance early on

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Raiiny said:

My dream was having the lord playing for gsw as their starting sf and some pf when they go small. I'm sure Cov would've been great for the Warriors but instead we have Kelly Oubrick now. 

This was my Dream too, which was brutally crushed when he was sent to Houston 

Still haunts me 

21 hours ago, RunCMC said:

Not that huge honestly in shallow to normal sized leagues. His FG attempts is what's worrying me more than anything 

Huge variance game to game. It's either 3-4 attempts or 7-9 .

But it is what it is , just venting a bit.

I'm in love with the CoCo , I mean RoCo lol. Not doubting him, same thing happened playing for Houston last year. 

Started off slow then went ham. 

Yeah it's understandable especially if you took him with one of your first 4 picks. I've had RoCo in a number of situations and years. Its still crazy to see him as a PF C when i remembered him as a SG SF lol. All Those years of RoCo I've lived to understand to never doubt him. He used to have these terrible starts and streaks but he's a bit more consistent now. Id just stay patient. Players that move to different teams and systems normally start off slow unless you're a player that didn't get PT and suddenly you're playing ample mins on a new team like Jerami Grant lol. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, PUNTSQUAD said:

I never before had the privilege of rostering my Lord in 7 years of fantasy hoops, but I just traded for him in a buy low. I am much excite, very nice, and despite his slow start I have full faith in the Lord 

Welcome to the House of Doubts, Disappointments, and Deliverance.

Tamela Mann Swimming GIF by TV One - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

29 minutes ago, PUNTSQUAD said:

I never before had the privilege of rostering my Lord in 7 years of fantasy hoops, but I just traded for him in a buy low. I am much excite, very nice, and despite his slow start I have full faith in the Lord 

Very naice!

giphy.gif

• Haha 6