NBC Sports Edge Forums

Anthony Davis 2020-2021 Outlook

So what do y'all think of AD this season ? Is he worth NO 1 pick with all this James Harden rumors, and possible random rest days because of the shortened season ? I'm talking about total season value (9 cat). I think his minutes might be down a bit (beginning of the season), but he'll probably take some load of LeBron's shoulders right ? For me personally there's no debate for NO 1. It's either Harden or AD, you might squeeze in the mix Curry or KAT. BUT it should be between those two.

Edited by Stefan
  • Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Live footage of AD reading your fantasy woes:

Just dropped Anti-rebounD for Favors. Can’t have this bum dragging my team down.

Posted Images

I think by stats AD is no 1 by any means, regardless what will happen to Harden. But every season a problem is number of games. AD has been often injured and by this reason KAT has been some seasons presumable no 1 until last season everybody who drafted him as a first pick due to his durability got hit by injuries. This is a reason why I usually pick first a player who is potentially the best and this player is AD!

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, apatas said:

I think by stats AD is no 1 by any means, regardless what will happen to Harden. But every season a problem is number of games. AD has been often injured and by this reason KAT has been some seasons presumable no 1 until last season everybody who drafted him as a first pick due to his durability got hit by injuries. This is a reason why I usually pick first a player who is potentially the best and this player is AD!

I draft by total season value, but I feel you. This year it's a bit tricky, so I just wish and hope I don't get the first pick in any of my league (too much of a headache)

Edited by Stefan

Injuries are the problem with this guy. In his 8 seasons, he's only ever played over 70 games twice. He's pretty much always a top 3 player but goddamn owning him is such a stressful experience. You're literally gonna be worried the entire season about him getting injured.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Stefan said:

I draft by total season value, but I feel you. This year it's a bit tricky, so I just wish and hope I don't get the first pick in any of my league (too much of a headache)

Yes that is true, first pick is not good this year. But in my leagues draft is far ahead and I don't know when I pick.

47 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Who is signing him?

He sees the Suns adding CP3, the Bucks adding Jrue and Bogdanovic, and the Nets adding Harden.  Portland even added Covington.  The Heat and Raptors are still powerhouses.  Philly is pretty solid.

The Lakers did add Dennis Schroder.  That has to be some sort of enticement.

I do expect a fair amount of LM this season.  Just make the playoffs and then LBJ and AD will come to play.

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, BykeINIT said:

i have a good feeling about AD this season 

he’s going for mvp .. book it

I think he's going to have a monster year.  He'll want to prove to Lebron he can carry the load when Lebron rests and with improved team chemistry overall I think he's primed to explode offensively.  More threes, more assists, more points.

1 hour ago, scaniagm said:

ehhh. I can only imagine the load magement on AD.

AD has literally never been load managed lol, why would he start now after a healthy year and with Lebron likely to take off games?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, fabrar said:

AD has literally never been load managed lol, why would he start now after a healthy year and with Lebron likely to take off games?

Maybe because he just contributed greatly to a championship and signed for $200m. This is their guy once LeBron leaves. Need protect him going forward. 

5 minutes ago, Cardiak said:

Maybe because he just contributed greatly to a championship and signed for $200m. This is their guy once LeBron leaves. Need protect him going forward. 

They signed a guy for $200M...to not play him? 

• Thanks 1

I had AD last year.  What worries me about AD this year beyond just straight load management is not playing through issues like he did last year because he doesn't need to.  He wanted to prove he could play through injuries.  He knows his rep. He had that shoulder issue pretty much the whole time before the shutdown.  He was on the injury report every day because of it, but played through it. 

So my fear would if he has stuff like that this year (which its AD so he is always going to the locker room for something), I think he sits more games because of it than he would have last year.  

52 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

I had AD last year.  What worries me about AD this year beyond just straight load management is not playing through issues like he did last year because he doesn't need to.  He wanted to prove he could play through injuries.  He knows his rep. He had that shoulder issue pretty much the whole time before the shutdown.  He was on the injury report every day because of it, but played through it. 

So my fear would if he has stuff like that this year (which its AD so he is always going to the locker room for something), I think he sits more games because of it than he would have last year.  

Maaaan i hate real talk but there is truth to that, but in spite of that I still picked him up 4th. Maybe he wants to go get that MVP or DPOY trophy? Something tells me he's gonna want to go for either one.

1 hour ago, fabrar said:

Well I can tel you that they did t sign Harrell and Gasol and resign Kuzma because they won’t be giving AD and lebron days off..... 

7 minutes ago, Brye said:

Well I can tel you that they did t sign Harrell and Gasol and resign Kuzma because they won’t be giving AD and lebron days off..... 

They signed Harrell and Gasol because they got rid of McGee and Howard. And what does Kuzma have to do anything with AD? He's a bench scorer to provide some offensive spark in the 2nd unit. 

• Like 1
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Anthony Davis 2020-2021 Outlook