NBC Sports Edge Forums

Anthony Davis 2020-2021 Outlook

30 minutes ago, RedRaider27 said:

Yeah but none of those guys you listed are actual “real” shooters. None of them have a shooting stroke, a real shot. AD has a perimeter shot, a great perimeter shot actually, he’s a shooter. It’s all mental for him at the line right now and while you’re right, he could finish the year with a low % for him, I’d bet he raises it quite a bit by season’s end.

westbrook was a shooter .. his midrange was his bread n butter in his prime. he was never great from long distance, but he definitely had a shot from 15-20 feet. 

i hope you’re right though 

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Live footage of AD reading your fantasy woes:

Just dropped Anti-rebounD for Favors. Can’t have this bum dragging my team down.

Posted Images

11 hours ago, BykeINIT said:

westbrook was a shooter .. his midrange was his bread n butter in his prime. he was never great from long distance, but he definitely had a shot from 15-20 feet. 

i hope you’re right though 

I get what you’re trying to stay but Westbrook isn’t a shooter. Plain and simple. He’s absolutely deadly going to the rim. Anything else is a win for the defense guarding him. But enough with him.

All mental for AD right now. Was pretty good from the line but his outside shot is inconsistent right now. Still seems like he’s somewhat disinterested out there. He might just be going through the motions coming off a championship trying to figure out how much a Monday night game agains the Cavs in January means.

4 minutes ago, steveyi32 said:

Man starting to get disappointed this season with AD. might try to trade him.

As someone who has watched most Lakers games, he does very well playing with Bron, but struggles playing with Schroeder.  

So what an astute observer might notice is that the early concerns after 3 games were the total lack of stocks. Well, since then he's averaging more stocks, assists, and lower TO than last year. Rebounding is also up slightly on a per minute basis, as he's doing all the above in less playing time than before.

Now the FT shooting is way off, and shot attempts are down. But if they trend back up then he could have even better value than last year. Textbook definition of buy low?

9 hours ago, zerthimon said:

So what an astute observer might notice is that the early concerns after 3 games were the total lack of stocks. Well, since then he's averaging more stocks, assists, and lower TO than last year. Rebounding is also up slightly on a per minute basis, as he's doing all the above in less playing time than before.

Now the FT shooting is way off, and shot attempts are down. But if they trend back up then he could have even better value than last year. Textbook definition of buy low?

If you can, of course. He’s Anthony Davis, he’ll figure it out. Pounce on worried owners if you can. Too many are panicking over something that’s not really that big of a deal.

12 hours ago, DepressedKnicksFan said:

Didnt watch game but judging from highlights, Kobe Anniversary tomorrow and Lakers playing IN CLEVELAND. AD must of had a sense that Bron will take over this game, with AD taking back seat. Don't take this too seriously, but I wouldn't stress this bad game.

Yup. That’s why he decided to shoot 30% from the field so Lebron has to take over. Big brain by AD

• Haha 1
17 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Yup. That’s why he decided to shoot 30% from the field so Lebron has to take over. Big brain by AD

definitely understand this logic, not disagreeing or downplaying at all.

But more watching AD, out of superstars he isnt consistent being the Alpha that we all know he can be. Not everynight he does it. But playin with a star esp with the magnitude of Bron i can imagine, when the Bron is going off "taking a back seat" or the need to take over isnt as dire as it was in New Orleans, these kinda of performances may pop up.

Also, Lakers team is more stacked than last year and have more pieces that are still meshing. Im sure it helps taking a back seat when they are figuring things out, also add they are still winning games. I cant see a world where AD performs like this if it was a playoff game or they are trying to break a losing streak. With a shortened off-season, GTDs everynight, he must not be rushing into going all out this EARLY. Also alot of people forget could be minor but also a factor, The replacement of Schroder with Rondo. AD would get many easy buckets for from his chemistry with Rondo from lobs to full court passes off the inbound.

I wouldnt stress much, AD owners should hope LA falls off in the win column. As these performances can be more likely towards the end of the year/fantasy playoffs. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DepressedKnicksFan said:

definitely understand this logic, not disagreeing or downplaying at all.

But more watching AD, out of superstars he isnt consistent being the Alpha that we all know he can be. Not everynight he does it. But playin with a star esp with the magnitude of Bron i can imagine, when the Bron is going off "taking a back seat" or the need to take over isnt as dire as it was in New Orleans, these kinda of performances may pop up.

Also, Lakers team is more stacked than last year and have more pieces that are still meshing. Im sure it helps taking a back seat when they are figuring things out, also add they are still winning games. I cant see a world where AD performs like this if it was a playoff game or they are trying to break a losing streak. With a shortened off-season, GTDs everynight, he must not be rushing into going all out this EARLY. Also alot of people forget could be minor but also a factor, The replacement of Schroder with Rondo. AD would get many easy buckets for from his chemistry with Rondo from lobs to full court passes off the inbound.

I wouldnt stress much, AD owners should hope LA falls off in the win column. As these performances can be more likely towards the end of the year/fantasy playoffs. 

There's a big difference between taking a back seat and turning into the third little big and building a brick house.

He is just more passive than other stars. He currently is 38th in usage. Here are the players in the 35-40 group: Dragic, Edwards, Grant, AD, SGA, Hayward. Which one is not like the others? Here is how he compares to the top 12 in the Yahoo pre-season rankings in usage:

Harden 34th

Luka 2nd

AD 38th

Towns N/A (not enough games to qualify)

Curry 5th

Giannis 3rd

Jokic 23rd

Lillard 14th

Young 4th

Booker 15th

Tatum 13th

LeBron 6th

Harden is the only one close to him and that is due to him quitting on Houston and his usage shrinking further in Brooklyn.

16 hours ago, DLG10 said:

Disappointing,

And now Davis, who is 27 and in his peak years, is going to miss another game for obvious load management. Meanwhile LeBron hasn't missed a game yet in his 18th season.

So AD underperforms (relative to his draft/auction cost) and then takes occasional games off. Huge disappointment. He should have been a borderline first rounder, not a candidate for the first overall pick.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, The Jaguar Paw said:

Is he a buy low at this moment? Thinking of giving up Tatum and a middle/late round guy for AD but I am concerned Tatum may end up better than AD with Lakers winning and him taking a back seat.

Naw don't he is not worth the headache 

10 hours ago, The Jaguar Paw said:

Is he a buy low at this moment? Thinking of giving up Tatum and a middle/late round guy for AD but I am concerned Tatum may end up better than AD with Lakers winning and him taking a back seat.

He is buy low, but not for Tatum + 1pl. As you pointed out, Tatum might outrank him 1vs1, no need to add another player there.

Curious is there anyone who is real life Davis fan. He is great player no doubt, but it is hard to like him due to his "softness". You'd expect that he'd be pissed that he lost them the previous game, and that he is itching to correct that, but instead he takes a day off, just because he can. Smart move, but makes him super unlikable. 

• Like 1
Just now, AomineDaiki05 said:

He is buy low, but not for Tatum + 1pl. As you pointed out, Tatum might outrank him 1vs1, no need to add another player there.

Curious is there anyone who is real life Davis fan. He is great player no doubt, but it is hard to like him due to his "softness". You'd expect that he'd be pissed that he lost them the previous game, and that he is itching to correct that, but instead he takes a day off, just because he can. Smart move, but makes him super unlikable. 

Pathetic really but he got paid he could give two sh*** Lebron, CP, Lowry all older dudes who play in back to backs meanwhile a 27 year old can't lol 

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, AomineDaiki05 said:

He may have the fewest fans of any superstar. Before you could attribute it to being on bad teams in a small market, but obviously that no longer applies. 

• Like 1

Now, sitting out every B2B isn't ideal for cumulative value to your team, but given his brittleness, ask yourself if you'd rather he picks up a real injury and miss a stretch of 10+ games? If not, just be thankful he's actually healthy.

It's statistically more likely to pick up an injury by playing the next day without rest. it's not as if they load manage for no reason.