NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Anthony Davis 2020-2021 Outlook

Stefan

FYI fellow brethren, Davis looking out tomorrow. Hopefully not serious.

New story: Anthony Davis is “very likely” to miss Monday’s game against OKC with tightness in his right leg, a league source tells ESPN. The Lakers’ All-Star big man underwent testing to check out his Achilles’ tendon, which came back clean

5 hours ago, kobebryant24 said:

why are you lying lol 

What do you mean by this? Tendonosis is the same thing Kawhi has and I know it varies on a case to case basis (hence why I put "COULD be looking to miss a few weeks to a month"). It is degenerative and you have to rest it in a major way or it could lead to a tear. 

Given the way the Lakers are handling the injury report it's hard to take these DTD injuries seriously. Lakers are in cruise control and this allows them to rest/play their players as they see fit. It could be nothing other than soreness. 

But for discussion sake, let's say he is in fact suffering from Achilles tendinitis; I definitely would have some concern as an AD owner. It can take up to a few weeks to heal since the only real treatment is rest. 

17 minutes ago, jrmintz said:

Given the way the Lakers are handling the injury report it's hard to take these DTD injuries seriously. Lakers are in cruise control and this allows them to rest/play their players as they see fit. It could be nothing other than soreness. 

But for discussion sake, let's say he is in fact suffering from Achilles tendinitis; I definitely would have some concern as an AD owner. It can take up to a few weeks to heal since the only real treatment is rest. 

Well they say it has been tested and it was ok?

1 hour ago, jrmintz said:

I get your point and they are mostly spot on but I also just want to shed light on the fact that tendonitis and tendonosis are 2 different things. Tendonitis is "just" the inflammation of the tendons while Tendonosis, which Kawhi and AD has is a degenerative disease that usually requires a prolonged period of rest (which Kawhi did) in order for it to not be exacerbated. So no, I am not just "running around throwing low ball offers around my league". It is a valid concern for AD owners, me included. 

Edited by RedMarten

1 hour ago, jrmintz said:

This was expected when this bum played a double OT game. He's made of glass and will look for any excuse to sit 

1 hour ago, DonutGiveUp said:

This was expected when this bum played a double OT game. He's made of glass and will look for any excuse to sit 

Exactly. He played 45 minutes on Saturday night but now he allegedly has such a severe issue he can't play at all on Monday. When did he get "hurt"? Eating nachos at a Super Bowl party?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BykeINIT said:

take that 

Meh, I'm mulling it. I don't really need AD and I'm always worried about his injuries and he's having a down year as is. But I might end up saying eff it and taking the deal and hoping AD goes back to normal. because it's hard to pass up

49 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

Exactly. He played 45 minutes on Saturday night but now he allegedly has such a severe issue he can't play at all on Monday. When did he get "hurt"? Eating nachos at a Super Bowl party?

Can't believe I have to roster Kuzma because of this waste. Thought I got a steal at 7 smh

2 hours ago, JetsNetsYanks90 said:

Meh, I'm mulling it. I don't really need AD and I'm always worried about his injuries and he's having a down year as is. But I might end up saying eff it and taking the deal and hoping AD goes back to normal. because it's hard to pass up

bro .... even as is, AD is ranked much higher than SGA. and that’s even when considering TOTALS on the season, not just averages. 

so the trade is already a win NOW... but if AD returns to his top 3 norm, this trade is a game changer.

2 hours ago, Ace_King said:

yup .. sounds like nothing more but a fake reason to get rest 

Edited by BykeINIT
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ace_King said:

When? Throughout the whole game and his career in general lol. It’s an injury from chronic overuse. 

He’s going to have to rest it, who knows for how long. He’s getting the best care that money can buy and he’s a freak of nature in terms of strength and recovery, so I doubt it’ll be as long as the article below talks about, but if he’s not fully healed then he risks causing more damage and weakening of the tendon, increasing the likelihood of a tear. 

spacer.png

His upside is insane but how much production are we really going to get from him if he keeps taking random games off? We are getting 0/0/0/0/0 from him tonight. If I could get a borderline top 10 player who plays regularly for this guy I would take it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

His upside is insane but how much production are we really going to get from him if he keeps taking random games off? We are getting 0/0/0/0/0 from him tonight. If I could get a borderline top 10 player who plays regularly for this guy I would take it.

Would've been easier to move early in the season now everyone knows what a soft bi*** this dude is. I would take a top 15 player at thisrnt because AD isn't coming close to first round this year