NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Anthony Davis 2020-2021 Outlook

Stefan

Honestly there is no shock here, one quick google of "tendinosis" shows that the only way to treat it is extended rest. Which also means prone to injury, rest, and no b2b. Lakers know what they have is a key to another championship, they will rest him a month if they have to. At that point all you AD owners had the option to trade him but chose to take your chances. Instead of blaming a player for an injury they had no control over, maybe it's time for you owners to take blame too.

The writings were on the wall and AD owners chose to ignore it. 

• Like 2

On 2/13/2021 at 7:54 AM, steveyi32 said:

His Achilles could tear soon.

LA almost pulled a 2019 Finals KD in him, bringing him back on a less-than-100% achilles/calf.  

This season has just been a terrible outcome for everyone that drafted him, myself included.  Folks that put their faith in him (justifiable) in deeper leagues are basically dead in the water without some miraculous luck elsewhere in their draft.  Pretty sh*tty for a concensus top-3 pick.  

Just now, 80version said:

LA almost pulled a 2019 Finals KD in him, bringing him back on a less-than-100% achilles/calf.  

This season has just been a terrible outcome for everyone that drafted him, myself included.  Folks that put their faith in him (justifiable) in deeper leagues are basically dead in the water without some miraculous luck elsewhere in their draft.  Pretty sh*tty for a concensus top-3 pick.  

True, but there were warning signs of AD being rested this season after their championship run along with the already injury risk and daily locker room visits every game.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Simsanityy179 said:

He’s gonna put up even worse per game averages when he returns , on top of more DNP’s sprinkled in.

Definitely gonna coast his was to the end of the regular season so he can average 38mpg in the playoffs.

Yeah, I think we all have to be reasonable with our expectations - especially in the beginning.  

I think we see something like: 30 mins/20pts/8reb/2.5ast/1stl/1.5blk

I hope I am wrong and he returns to superstar form but I have my doubts, if his FT% bounces back above 80 I will be happy with that.

Never drafting this goon again. Injury concerns are to be expected with Mr. Glass, but he clearly doesn’t give a **** about the regular season after getting paid and winning a chip, just does not have that drive or respect for the fans to play hard anymore when he can just coast instead. Can’t imagine he ever tries to dominate a regular season again.

• Thanks 1