NBC Sports Edge Forums

Anthony Davis 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just dropped Anti-rebounD for Favors. Can’t have this bum dragging my team down.

Live footage of AD reading your fantasy woes:

Posted Images

1 hour ago, laurilegend said:

Thing is a lot of squads with him on it won't be making the playoffs.  What an epic bust of a 1st rounder.  

This.

I thought I had an Epic team.  Instead I'm sinking fast. I played with 9 players last week instead of 10 because of Covid/Injury. The week before I only had 7 players.  And now this.  It is going to be tough to finish in the money this year.

It would be nice to hear some positive news on him in three weeks.

16 hours ago, rabaak said:

This.

I thought I had an Epic team.  Instead I'm sinking fast. I played with 9 players last week instead of 10 because of Covid/Injury. The week before I only had 7 players.  And now this.  It is going to be tough to finish in the money this year.

It would be nice to hear some positive news on him in three weeks.

What a brutal year. Lost him, CJ, Siakam, Durant and went from best to 7th. I only hope that the news is better than feared. Rotoworld, errr Edge, reported that he will miss 3 weeks at least when the quote was "could be out 3 weeks or more". So there is some wiggle room that he is back at or before 3 weeks. My first year on the Davis train too. Lots of would-be championship caliber teams going to potentially miss out.

53 minutes ago, DepressedKnicksFan said:

You guys think he will return faster now that Bron is out?

Nope. He's probably gonna be out even longer. Dude is soft as baby sh*t

Little bit*** won't play without LeBron. Ways away still and getting re-evaluated Friday can't wait for more disappointment 

Edited by DonutGiveUp
1 minute ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Little bit*** won't play without LeBron 

Yeah because the alternative of playing without Lebron for some games in the regular season while risking coming back early and tearing his achillies like KD will prove the naysayers wrong about his toughness.

4 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Yeah because the alternative of playing without Lebron for some games in the regular season while risking coming back early and tearing his achillies like KD will prove the naysayers wrong about his toughness.

Dude you're obsessed get a hobby or even better a gf 

This dude ain’t coming back before fantasy playoffs is he? FFS...no wonder he’s on most people’s DND list.

lesson finally learned by my dumbass. 

• Like 4

thing is, from 2016 to 2020, he only had one season where he missed over 10 games ..........

so while we knew he had a history of being soft, the overwhelming feeling was that he was past the chronic injury stage and on track to play at least 90% of the season like he generally had been over the last 5 years. 

Imagine being this close “ll” to tearing your Achilles, so you decide to take time off to rest it and hope it heals so you dint end up missing a whole season because of a torn Achilles like other guys, and you get called “soft and DND” hahaha. 

I’ll be soft everyday to prevent my Achilles from tearing. Now if I’m sitting due to spraining my pinky finger that’s a different story.

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Imagine being this close “ll” to tearing your Achilles, so you decide to take time off to rest it and hope it heals so you dint end up missing a whole season because of a torn Achilles like other guys, and you get called “soft and DND” hahaha. 

I’ll be soft everyday to prevent my Achilles from tearing. Now if I’m sitting due to spraining my pinky finger that’s a different story.

What about the missed games early in the season? He was sitting back to backs with phantom ailments 

2 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

he was soft way before this FOH

8 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

So he just started on court work??? 

still needs to get cleared for contact, 3 on 3, 5 on 5 etc?

how much longer this dude gonna take ?

23 minutes ago, crocp said:

So he just started on court work??? 

still needs to get cleared for contact, 3 on 3, 5 on 5 etc?

how much longer this dude gonna take ?

Honestly man i dont see him returning until LeBron does. Usually players travelling with the team is good except when it comes to this dude. I get it from Lakers perspective they just paid huge money for him but very frustrating for his owners

On 12/22/2020 at 8:56 AM, AomineDaiki05 said:

Still picked him up 4th? There is something fishy with your league. How is it possible that the guy who was either 2nd or 1st best fantasy player in the last 4 years fell down to 4th. 
Oh I guess you might be talking about points league. In roto if he isn't gone by 3rd pick, the league cannot be considered serious.
It's not like other players are risk free, especially this year. If he gets hurt it's unlucky as it would be with any other player. Only two players that could be considered close to him are Towns and Harden, and both of them have their own problems this year. 
Only one page here, but so many trollers. It's ridiculous.

You probably already realized this but this is the reason he went and fell to "4th" cause people were anticipating missed games. So knowing what we know now, would you still draft him in the top 3 or even top 5 next season? 

2 minutes ago, Obliviate said:

You probably already realized this but this is the reason he went and fell to "4th" cause people were anticipating missed games. So knowing what we know now, would you still draft him in the top 3 or even top 5 next season? 

I got him 7th in one league and thought he was a steal but jokes on me

2 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

I got him 7th in one league and thought he was a steal but jokes on me

Same. Was riding that championship high and was happy i got him. Thought he might wanna make a run for DPOY seeing as to how he felt like he deserved it last year. But nah. Complete opposite. Not his fault but doesn't mean we cant be disappointed, and that's an understatement.

Edit: I had Dame at 6th last year and to go from that iron man of a player to this tissue paper? Man... 

Edited by Obliviate
  • Like 2