NBC Sports Edge Forums

Anthony Davis 2020-2021 Outlook

1 minute ago, Obliviate said:

Same. Was riding that championship high and was happy i got him. Thought he might wanna make a run for DPOY seeing as to how he felt like he deserved it last year. But nah. Complete opposite. Not his fault but doesn't mean we cant be disappointed, and that's an understatement.

Same thought the title would make him hungry early on but he seemed uninterested. Definitely a dnd for me

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Live footage of AD reading your fantasy woes:

Just dropped Anti-rebounD for Favors. Can’t have this bum dragging my team down.

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

So I should be able to get AD pick 6/7 or lower?

Wouldn't even be surprised the slightest but in saying that, it would depend on how he looks when he gets back and what type of performance he'd be bringing to the table especially as they make a run for another title. If he balls out it might convince people to still take him early, same could be said if he misses more and more games and struggles at the same time. So you can say it's a "?" at this stage. 

2 hours ago, Obliviate said:

You probably already realized this but this is the reason he went and fell to "4th" cause people were anticipating missed games. So knowing what we know now, would you still draft him in the top 3 or even top 5 next season? 

No way, late first at best for me next year. Maybe not even then, but that would be because I really do not like him, not because I don't think that he can provide that value.

If LeBron retires or suddenly forgets how to play basketball and Davis is once again forced to give his best every game, maybe then I would consider drafting him in the top 5.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2021 at 1:58 PM, thornton1986 said:

What type of player are you guys accepting for him? any top 50?

i was offered him for dangelo russell a week ago when russell was still injured.. declined

he was also offered for robert williams to someone else.. robert williams owner declined as well

On 4/6/2021 at 4:58 PM, thornton1986 said:

What type of player are you guys accepting for him? any top 50?

Full disclosure PTS league and this was before the 03/15 stating "he will miss 3 weeks or possibly beyond" but had to package AD + B. Simmons to get C.Wood (returning from injury) + D.Murray. If he returns during Fantasy playoffs the other team will hands down have won the trade but I couldn't afford anymore missed games...

You're probably going to have to package players to get someone to bite.  

1 hour ago, thornton1986 said:

I’m considering trading my Porzingis for him. I know it’s a huge risk but porzingis is going to sit a lot also

Naw looks like hes gonna play b2b keep him, AD a massive headache 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Fcuking bum needs to work out with Crocop or Ronaldo to get stronger calves wtf is this? 7 plus weeks now! 

Put some herbal medicine mixed with his magical unibrow and patch it up in a room with candle lights for spiritual healing or something. 

• Haha 2

Davis appears closer to returning as he works his way back from Achilles and calf injuries. Davis has missed 23 straight games but is hoping to come back when the Lakers return from their current, seven-game road trip. If that’s accurate, then an April 15 return against the Celtics seems like a plausible scenario.

please 🙏

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Davis appears closer to returning as he works his way back from Achilles and calf injuries. Davis has missed 23 straight games but is hoping to come back when the Lakers return from their current, seven-game road trip. If that’s accurate, then an April 15 return against the Celtics seems like a plausible scenario.

please 🙏

Source? 

4 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

please 🙏

Ahha common man, seems u getting desperate out there 😂😂😂

4 hours ago, Stefan said:

Ahha common man, seems u getting desperate out there 😂😂😂

Im not the source lol i dont get the hate i dont post stuff for likes

On 2/15/2021 at 4:59 PM, Amendola96 said:

3-4 weeks is a good news. 

This was two months ago. What a disappointment AD has been. Hopefully he comes back this week in time for the fantasy playoffs at least--for teams that managed to survive his injury and poor play to make it.

Edited by Ace_King

He hasn’t even practiced yet - how close can he possibly be to a return? He’s languishing on my IR right now and I’ve secured a playoff spot, but if I were fighting for a spot right now I’d have to think long and hard about cutting bait with this bum.

Anthony Davis will be re-evaluated by team doctors on Thursday when the Lakers return to L.A. and could return to play in the next 7-10 days, reports

on

He's not playing, but as the Nets take the floor Anthony Davis is getting some work in on the court. Shooting free throws, 3s, and working on the mid-range.

• Thanks 1
12 hours ago, QingJames said:

He hasn’t even practiced yet - how close can he possibly be to a return? He’s languishing on my IR right now and I’ve secured a playoff spot, but if I were fighting for a spot right now I’d have to think long and hard about cutting bait with this bum.

Dudley recently said he's been doing on court work and will be ramping up this week. Fantasy labs also said he could return in 10-14 days 

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Fingers crossed we get good news this week need this dude badly with playoffs here

Hold your horses there bro 🤣👀✌️🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️