NBC Sports Edge Forums

Anthony Davis 2020-2021 Outlook

19 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

I’m pretty sure load management started with Greg popovich. Resting Tim Duncan Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili whenever he felt like it made kawhi say I’m gonna do it too. Once kawhi did that it’s was over but LeBron James taking those 2 weeks off for rest to go to Miami that sealed the deal for everyone to say I’m doing it. Every star player wants days off they get paid anyways.

Yup - Pop ushered in the concept of load management resting guys randomly. I used to laugh that Timmy would be listed as DNP-Old when he rested.

The actual term load management began with Kawhi on the Raps. That was the first time I recall hearing it being referred to as load management.

I understand why teams do it and the benefits, but it still doesn’t mean it isn’t annoying especially for fantasy or for anyone that had a ticket to the game.

• Like 4
  • Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Live footage of AD reading your fantasy woes:

Just dropped Anti-rebounD for Favors. Can’t have this bum dragging my team down.

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, ginocan said:

From what I have read Adam Silver is a puxxy and flat out said he will allowed teams to rest or do whatever they want. Basically the players make the call. Even in games where “national” TV like ESPN, TNT blah blah. Silver is a puxxy. 

Yup under him the players now run the league. He’s a buddy not a boss 

• Like 1

The league ****ed up the schedule. If they wanted they could have reduced back-to-backs.

THE ARENAs are empty (no concerts, no NHL until mid January, etc). It should be easy as **** to schedule and provide space between games.The first half schedule is 36 games in 72 games. So why are some teams playing 7-8 back-to-backs? its a clown job.

Other compromises to reduce travel/workload:

MORE Home-and-home games (baseball style scheduling)

Fewer inter conference games

• Like 2
On 12/21/2020 at 12:59 PM, fabrar said:

AD has literally never been load managed lol, why would he start now after a healthy year and with Lebron likely to take off games?

Yeah back to what I was saying .... KAT was the better pick this year, dudes about to play with a messed up wrist lol 😂 while AD sits with some made up passes injury.  Back to backs are gonna be a nightmare this year for him and prolly lebron some nights.  Wait till it gets close to fantasy playoffs where they sit them out non back to backs.

10 hours ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Yup - Pop ushered in the concept of load management resting guys randomly. I used to laugh that Timmy would be listed as DNP-Old when he rested.

The actual term load management began with Kawhi on the Raps. That was the first time I recall hearing it being referred to as load management.

I understand why teams do it and the benefits, but it still doesn’t mean it isn’t annoying especially for fantasy or for anyone that had a ticket to the game.

no, it began with lebron 

https://abc7news.com/amp/load-management-what-is-injury-lebron-james-playing-tonight/5118694

LAL are going to rely heavily on their bench/role players, at least for the first part of the season. 

Those offseason acquisitions weren’t for nothing. They’re going to try and preserve their two stars as much as possible after going deep in the bubble. 

4 minutes ago, gmoneyb said:

LAL are going to rely heavily on their bench/role players, at least for the first part of the season. 

Those offseason acquisitions weren’t for nothing. They’re going to try and preserve their two stars as much as possible after going deep in the bubble. 

I didn't think acquiring help would mean this chump starts playing like he's Eric Gordon.

3 minutes ago, QingJames said:

I didn't think acquiring help would mean this chump starts playing like he's Eric Gordon.

That's a smart business move by him. Coast until it's time to really play. We know who he is and what he's capable of.