NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kevin Durant 2020-2021 Outlook

Even without all the news surrounding Harden as a Net. What do we expect from Durant this year a season removed from an achilles injury? Yahoo has him preranked 15th as of (11/17/20). How confident do we expect him to piut those numbers up with Kyrie and Steve Nash as the coach? 

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll drink my own piss if KD doesn't finish top 10. He's Kevin Durant, y'all know who he is. 

This year’s fantasy will be determined by how dumb your players and the people in their social circles are. I should’ve drafted an all European team lol

34 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Even without all the news surrounding Harden as a Net. What do we expect from Durant this year a season removed from an achilles injury? Yahoo has him preranked 15th as of (11/17/20). How confident do we expect him to piut those numbers up with Kyrie and Steve Nash as the coach? 

I sure hope he comes back and is the normal KD we all know and love but like I posted in the John Wall thread, Achilles tears are pretty much the worst injury you can have in any sport and many guys don’t come back from them. The difference between him and Wall is that KD’s game isn’t built on speed and he is one of the best scorers and shooters in the game, if not the best scorer when healthy. So I think he’ll end up being alright but he might lose a step, or three, defensively which hurts his numbers in fantasy and his impact IRL. He’ll still score but will he score at the same clip he always has, right around 28-29 a game? Hopefully, but who knows. I think he’ll start slow and get better as the season goes along, probably playing his best ball around playoff time in the spring.

Has there been any talk about him sitting out back to backs or any planned rest games for him? That's the main thing that worries me. I personally think a 2nd round KD would be an absolute steal, or at the very least a no risk pick. That is only if they don't plan to sit him out much. 

I think there's gonna be a bunch of DNP's especially comes fantasy playoff time, so I personally won't be drafting him. If you can get someone like Trae, PG24, Beal, Booker, Tatum or even Kawhi in the 2nd round... I think you're better of. You just can't risk that much with 2nd pick, let someone else worry. That's my opinion.

Edited by Stefan
  • Like 3
30 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

I think at most he might play 60 games. As their team currently stands, Kyrie and crew is a very decent team. They don’t really need Durant until after the All Star Break for the playoff push. 

I think maybe even less than that.
I don't expect him playing in any back 2 backs + then there're blowout games + number of small injuries that happen throughout the season 

Edited by Stefan

Achilles injuries are just so tough to come back from. I’ll stay away and watch from a distance but I really hope he comes back to his normal self, or at least close to it. I just think he’ll be rusty and trying to figure out how to play again. Plus with all the management they will do on him, it’s a no for me.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, KingDURANTULA said:

Second round LOL y'all trippin, easy top 10 even w/ DNP risk. Put some respek on his name neffews. 

Jarrett Allen said the snake is back but as someone who owned kawhi Leonard last yeah I gotta tell you missing those b2b games for “rest” was extremely annoying as an owner. We all know what KD was before injury, a perennial threat to be the number 1 fantasy player but damn idk if I want him.

• Haha 1

looks like you lot are hoping he falls in your coming drafts.... he is too good to be left out of 1st round load managment or not...

he had 18 months to heal, he will be OK. late 1st round, but risk worth taking.

Edited by Pumbaa
edit
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Pumbaa said:

looks like you lot are hoping he falls in your coming drafts.... he is too good to be left out of 1st round load managment or not...

he had 18 months to heal, he will be OK. late 1st round, but risk worth taking.

Buddy he's a real risk in the 2nd round also. I bet he ain't playin a single back 2 back game. That's like 10 + missed games by default + the blowouts + sitting out games for minor injuries... etc etc, etc. In the end he'll end up missing like 20 games easily

Edited by Stefan
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Stefan said:

Buddy he's a real risk in the 2nd round also. I bet he ain't playin a single back 2 back game. That's like 10 + missed games by default + the blowouts + sitting out games for minor injuries... etc etc, etc. In the end he'll end up missing like 20 games easily

Yeah achilles injuries are no joke. There is so much riding on his health and his long term outlook that they're going to be super cautious with how they handle him this season.

That being said, you know there's gonna be that one owner who will bite on him late in the first round or early 2nd. I just can't take that risk.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, apatas said:

No way I will NOT take him if he is available in 2nd round. Durant is worth of risk. And I am not sure he misses more games than Kawhi, Embiid or LeBron. 60+ games is still possible.

Not possible at all... I told you he ain't playin in back2backs. That's like 10-12 missed games by default...

Edited by Stefan

I took him as my number 1 pick in a mock draft and I just immediately felt a punch in my gut which made me thinking "my number 1 guy is going to probably be load managed like Kawhi" 2 years ago and that was NOT a fun thing to do. As great as he is, I don't know if I can even risk my 2nd round pick on a guy who could essentially be another Joel Embiid - potential to be a top 5, held back by load management.

On 11/26/2020 at 6:34 AM, apatas said:

No way I will NOT take him if he is available in 2nd round. Durant is worth of risk. And I am not sure he misses more games than Kawhi, Embiid or LeBron. 60+ games is still possible.

This 

On 11/26/2020 at 1:15 AM, Stefan said:

Not possible at all... I told you he ain't playin in back2backs. That's like 10-12 missed games by default...

Steve Nash said: But it's probably unlikely that they both (Durant and Irving) play 72 games. Not any information about back2backs.

Nets coach Steve Nash says Jacque Vaughn will lead Brooklyn’s defense and Mike D’Antoni will lead the Nets’ offense but he wants his entire staff to have input on both sides of the ball.

If you thought D'Antoni's offenses in Houston were fantasy gold as the hit song by Bachman Turner Overdrive (BTO) says...

"You ain't seen nothin' yet
B-b-b-baby, you just ain't seen n-n-nothin' yet
Here's something that you never gonna forget
B-b-b-baby, you just ain't seen n-n-nothin' yet"

• Haha 1
36 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

I just can’t bring myself to root for this guy.

Anyone other than Nets fans doing a Durant-Kyrie stack? Probably not...

That said, if the price on Durant is right, I will be tempted...

If the stars align that is my plan with any pick between 10-12. You start at a disadvantage compared to the top 9 drafters so I like to aim big, differentiate, zig when 99% of the others zag instead of trying to play catch up. 2,1,3 and 8 are KD's last 4 per game finishes and Kyrie with 17, 14, 9 and 6. Health permitting with D'Antoni the sky is the limit.

Have you guys ever heard of a guy named Jeremy Lin??? A career journeyman, well for 2 months D'Antoni said let's make some news and get people talking about the Knicks and Linsanity was born (it only lasted 2 months and never was the same without D'Antoni)

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/linje01/gamelog/2012

Why did it take Steve Nash 9 years to average double digit assists and why did he then proceed to do it for 7 of the next 8 years. (His new coach was D'Antoni)

Why did Kendall Marshall average 13.3 assists a game over 15 games when he got the chance to start, if you guessed because he is good you would be wrong. The correct answer is D'Antoni. The Christian Wood truthers with the same 15 game sample must have been foaming at the mouth with Kendall Marshall, hell Jeremy Lin's sample was 15 games the truthers were probably crowning him a hall of famer.

• Like 1
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Kevin Durant 2020-2021 Outlook