Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kevin Durant 2020-2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll drink my own piss if KD doesn't finish top 10. He's Kevin Durant, y'all know who he is. 

This year’s fantasy will be determined by how dumb your players and the people in their social circles are. I should’ve drafted an all European team lol

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, KingDURANTULA said:

I'll drink my own piss if KD doesn't finish top 10. He's Kevin Durant, y'all know who he is. 

while thats almost a lock outside missing massive amount of games it still hurts in h2h

kawhi was 6 overall in total value playing only 57 games but thats his true value in h2h which resets every week.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Doing a slow draft where I got Curry in the first round, and KD is still sitting there for me at pick #19...I am soooo tempted. If KD is even like 80%, that combo with Curry is disgusting. 

What do ya'll think? Roll the dice?

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Doing a slow draft where I got Curry in the first round, and KD is still sitting there for me at pick #19...I am soooo tempted. If KD is even like 80%, that combo with Curry is disgusting. 

What do ya'll think? Roll the dice?

Having same dilemma man i always see him second round but i just cant pull the trigger. I am sure if it was up to him he would play every game but that injury is too deadly

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Doing a slow draft where I got Curry in the first round, and KD is still sitting there for me at pick #19...I am soooo tempted. If KD is even like 80%, that combo with Curry is disgusting. 

What do ya'll think? Roll the dice?

I don't know who else is available, but Durant as 19th pick is a steal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fabrar said:

Doing a slow draft where I got Curry in the first round, and KD is still sitting there for me at pick #19...I am soooo tempted. If KD is even like 80%, that combo with Curry is disgusting. 

What do ya'll think? Roll the dice?

 

2 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Having same dilemma man i always see him second round but i just cant pull the trigger. I am sure if it was up to him he would play every game but that injury is too deadly

 

I'm not nervous :D ahah

n08A8NO.jpg

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

33 minutes ago, DepressedKnicksFan said:

I have him as my 4th round in a keeper league.

 

I have 10th pick in a 12 team H2H League.

 

What punt should I aim for? Who should i pick in the top 30 to pair with KD?

 

You don't punt with KD. You shouldn't have to. If after 4 picks it makes sense to punt a cat, sure. But you can use KD in pretty much every build.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WFK said:

 

 

You don't punt with KD. You shouldn't have to. If after 4 picks it makes sense to punt a cat, sure. But you can use KD in pretty much every build.


Thanks for response.

I usually like to punt, I forgot to mention I am in a 9cat League. I do agree KD at the PF Spot, potentially averaging 4 assists is a great starting point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, greatestmetfan said:

I do really want KD to do well, but there's the biggest stat of all time that back up  the point of him not being as good.

 

No player ever has come back from an Achilles injury and been the same player.

 

Dominique Wilkins 

 

(But he's about it )

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen Durant go late first in a lot of mocks. It kind of makes sense since the top 8 picks are basically a tier up from everything else. Durant is in that tier of course but there's risk but you could honestly say that about the other top 8 guys (almost everyone) as well. Yes he's coming off a major injury but hes had more than enough rest thanks to COVID and I wouldn't be surprised if he reprised the #1 fantasy player again. That's the reward if you take him. Hes been in the top 8 every year in fantasy excluding his rookie season and last year of course. I snagged him around the same spot when he recovered from the broken foot and people criticized that pick only to finish #1. I wouldn't doubt he can do it again. Or at least long enough where you can trade him for someone in the top 8 😂

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fantasyJunkie99 said:

Got the 11th pick and deciding between him and kawhi.

 

Name checks out. Welcome Rook. Dude!! Seriously though? Leonard over KD? Puff puff pass 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2020 at 10:44 AM, DepressedKnicksFan said:


Thanks for response.

I usually like to punt, I forgot to mention I am in a 9cat League. I do agree KD at the PF Spot, potentially averaging 4 assists is a great starting point.

 

Easier to punt, but try not to if at all possible.

Unless your in a super deep league .. it’s inevitable. 

I’m ok with soft punts, depending how the draft unfolds. or how my team operates the first few weeks.

All it takes is one or two major injuries to a hard punt team and your season is basically over. 

Hard to navigate when your team is constructed as such.

That’s why I aim for balance more than anything. Let the draft come to you. 

But with KD he’s elite in every Cat, only thing to worry about are rest days.

He looked really good out there today. Moving and shooting like his old self.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, sld12 said:

Another super nice game 👀

 

That being said, all those missed games are a no go for the top 10 for me

You're only assuming he's getting rested in all back to backs. He may get some maintenance but i think we're overexaggerating the games he'll miss as if he's Kawhi. This guy has rested for 2 years already he was physically ready to play before COVID came. I think that additional rest is going to help his outlook. Like I said before, I wouldn't be surprised if he went back into the top 5 and maybe even #1 again for all we know. I'm taking him at 9 everytime. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Austin_Rivers said:

You're only assuming he's getting rested in all back to backs. He may get some maintenance but i think we're overexaggerating the games he'll miss as if he's Kawhi. This guy has rested for 2 years already he was physically ready to play before COVID came. I think that additional rest is going to help his outlook. Like I said before, I wouldn't be surprised if he went back into the top 5 and maybe even #1 again for all we know. I'm taking him at 9 everytime. 

 

I hope you're right, because I love KD.  But it's so hard to take him over someone like Trae or Lebron when KD is coming back from such a significant injury and the Nets have a lot of talent on their team, so theoretically they have the luxury of resting KD a lot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sld12 said:

 

I hope you're right, because I love KD.  But it's so hard to take him over someone like Trae or Lebron when KD is coming back from such a significant injury and the Nets have a lot of talent on their team, so theoretically they have the luxury of resting KD a lot.

If any thing LeBron may be the riskiest player since there's a lot of assumption he'll miss time from the lackof rest in the off season and compressed season. I get your point though. I honestly don't think KD will get rested that much nor will Kyrie. I think theyre going to want to have these guys play for chemistry reasons as well. Just look at what happened to the Clippers with Kawhi and PG barely playing any season games together. I'd take KD over Tree but understandable if you don't like risk but the reward is fascinating. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Kevin Durant 2020-2021 Outlook

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...