NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kevin Durant 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll drink my own piss if KD doesn't finish top 10. He's Kevin Durant, y'all know who he is. 

This year’s fantasy will be determined by how dumb your players and the people in their social circles are. I should’ve drafted an all European team lol

Posted Images

A bit curious how they try to manage him this year- he's had 18 months to recover from his tear which is a good thing.  Does he sit out every b2b?  An occasional one?  He looked quite dominant last preseason game and should be a lock for top 5ish production per game.  Especially in cats leagues with his 50%fg/85%+ FTs, this guy offers overall stats that really very few can match.  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, SportsBrain said:

A bit curious how they try to manage him this year- he's had 18 months to recover from his tear which is a good thing.  Does he sit out every b2b?  An occasional one?  He looked quite dominant last preseason game and should be a lock for top 5ish production per game.  Especially in cats leagues with his 50%fg/85%+ FTs, this guy offers overall stats that really very few can match.  

I am hoping he doesn't sit every b2b. There are 7 b2bs in the first 11 weeks. I'll be happy if he sits upto 4 of those + maybe another game somewhere. I don't think I could complain.

2 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

This is why you draft before preseason starts. Before preseason he was going 2nd round. Once they saw him play during preseason, they got confident and I have seen him go as high as 9th.

Yeah i got the 9th overall pick (arguably the worst spot in fantasy) the concencus top 8 went off the board so i made a ballsy move and snagged him. This was before preseason as well but I saw the massive upside and how he could easily finish top 3. The extra rest and him being ready precovid is making me feel comfortable to take him. Plus guys like Trae Tatum Booker are good but they're not the X Factor I need to win the league. Glad his stocks going up because that means his trade value is rising. 

1 hour ago, Simsanityy179 said:

Durant tatum kawhi, who’s the better pick in H2H? 

I chose Durant at 9th before Tatum in my league and I would do it again. It really depends how comfortable you feel about KD. But i believe he'll finish top 5 and maybe even reclaim the #1 spot. Its a league winning move with some risks but we'll worth it imo. 

2 hours ago, Austin_Rivers said:

I already got offered SGA and Lavine in my 14 team h2h 9 cat league. Non keeper. Since I'm extremely bullish on KD I'm not sure if i should do it. But i love SGA. Ugh. If KD finishes top 5 as I'm predicting then i probably lose this deal. 

2 for 1 trades almost never worth it

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Abhi said:

2 for 1 trades almost never worth it

Usually true, though the sga/lavine tandem vs a riskier kd.. I think a case can be made for the security of flipping him for two safe usage monsters. SGA/Lavine should combine for roughly 50 points, 11 rebs, 9 ast, 3 stls, 1 blk on 45/80. KD plus a savvy waiver pickup should be stronger in percentages, rebs and blks, but probably not scoring, assists or steals (you'd have to target one). And that's in a vacuum where nobody's missing time, which kd's likely to do even if he's having an mvp season

I'd personally take SGA/Lavine for KD and pad out my elite depth with young upside. KD's in another class but your team is screwed if your 1st rounder can't stay healthy

• Like 2
4 hours ago, mattshhh said:

Usually true, though the sga/lavine tandem vs a riskier kd.. I think a case can be made for the security of flipping him for two safe usage monsters. SGA/Lavine should combine for roughly 50 points, 11 rebs, 9 ast, 3 stls, 1 blk on 45/80. KD plus a savvy waiver pickup should be stronger in percentages, rebs and blks, but probably not scoring, assists or steals (you'd have to target one). And that's in a vacuum where nobody's missing time, which kd's likely to do even if he's having an mvp season

I'd personally take SGA/Lavine for KD and pad out my elite depth with young upside. KD's in another class but your team is screwed if your 1st rounder can't stay healthy

I don’t know. I’ve been playing fantasy for a long time (baseball,football,basketball)  and I’ve never seen a circumstance where a failed first rounder is the sole reason said Fantasy team loses. 
I don’t get this scenario With Durant for 2. unless keeper or Dynasty. If it’s redraft. Why would the guy that just drafted Durant in the first round trade for those two guys when he could have drafted a different first rounder and still get those guys. Bad drafter? Did think things through? 
In other words he’s giving the guy he’s trading with an additional first rounder. Might as well just throw all chips in and rely on waivers all year.  
because the guy drafted Harden and now you just gave him Durant? 

Edited by Bugs bunny
2 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

Why would the guy that just drafted Durant in the first round trade for those two guys when he could have drafted a different first rounder and still get those guys. Bad drafter? Did think things through? 
In other words he’s giving the guy he’s trading with an additional first rounder. Might as well just throw all chips in and rely on waivers all year.  

You're leaving out the two remaining draft picks (rounds 2 & 3) he has by flipping his first rounder for two such players. So if the original picks were Durant/Ayton/Fox, they become sga/lavine/ayton/fox. Meaning if everybody plays as expected, he has four top 30 guys instead of three, plus the peace of mind about durant

• Like 1
1 minute ago, mattshhh said:

You're leaving out the two remaining draft picks (rounds 2 & 3) he has by flipping his first rounder for two such players. So if the original picks were Durant/Ayton/Fox, they become sga/lavine/ayton/fox. Meaning if everybody plays as expected, he has four top 30 guys instead of three, plus the peace of mind about durant

Ah ok that makes sense. Thankyou for clarifying. For sure. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, fabrar said:

I got him at I think 19 in a draft where I paired him with Curry. Should be a fun combo now that they're not eating into each other's usage 

That’s beauty he didn’t go passed 6th in any league I’ve seen. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Pumbaa said:

I just got him at 11th then proceeded to take Irving in the 2nd ... yes, I'm crazy. 😁

4 hours ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Bro I got KD and Irving on my team as well so I’m just as crazy as you. Pray for us fellas 

I am with you guys!! Win or bust season coming along haha.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
18 hours ago, Austin_Rivers said:

I already got offered SGA and Lavine in my 14 team h2h 9 cat league. Non keeper. Since I'm extremely bullish on KD I'm not sure if i should do it. But i love SGA. Ugh. If KD finishes top 5 as I'm predicting then i probably lose this deal. 

I’d take that easy, even in 12 team. 14 team no brainer. I play roto tho. For h2h you might not not need as much depth.

• Like 1
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Kevin Durant 2020-2021 Outlook