NBC Sports Edge Forums

Devin Booker 2020-2021 Outlook

15 hours ago, overtime2000 said:

Its becoming a recurring thing for booker where he hits like 8 shots in 1st quarter, then 2 shots for remainder of the game

It's a sports disease termed Premature Estatulation.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Want a cheat code to catch up with us? Punch your own face hard. Done.

Hope he feels better by tomorrow: Bridges on Devin Booker: "He said he feels fine. Hopefully everything's okay and it's nothing crazy."

Dude's too busy buried in Kendall's bush to care about basketball. Tried everything to trade this flop but no one has interest

24 minutes ago, sharkpotato said:

Uhhh wait, he sprained his knee? Didn’t hear anything about this until word came out that Conley is replacing him for the all star game. I hope it’s not serious.

Precaution for sure. He went to the locker last night but returned and was fine. Never hurts to get extra rest 

• Thanks 1
On 1/2/2021 at 4:00 PM, bbythepier said:

Don't worry, I will. Nothing more I love than to mark down a poster's board cred so their bold claims in the future are dismissed as a fool's errand.

You were right, I was wrong!  😕

On 3/2/2021 at 10:03 PM, DonutGiveUp said:

Weakest ejection ever. Refs will do everything to help lebron and he still took the L

Spot on. That’s why one of the most aggressive players and a dude that’s 8th in made field goals in the paint just sneaks into the top 20 in FTA per game. 

On 3/9/2021 at 2:46 PM, stevenzhang said:

You were right, I was wrong!  😕

While I was right on page 3 that Booker would never catch up from his slow start to provide #20 on the player rater value(what you said was his floor), my favorite proclamation was in the Vent thread where I said I'd rather Yahoo Autodraft give me Chris Paul at pick 11 instead of Booker. And that was when CP3 was off to a relatively slow start as well (he was way down in pts, fg% and stls early this season). Like clockwork, CP3 worked his way up to a top 15 per game 9-cat fantasy player. Booker? He'll never get there with his lack of stocks and high TOs. Never. N. E. V. E. R. The analysts at Yahoo who ranked Booker high enough to go 11/12 in autodrafts should be fired for lack of math skills with regards to standard deviations.

16 hours ago, bbythepier said:

While I was right on page 3 that Booker would never catch up from his slow start to provide #20 on the player rater value(what you said was his floor), my favorite proclamation was in the Vent thread where I said I'd rather Yahoo Autodraft give me Chris Paul at pick 11 instead of Booker. And that was when CP3 was off to a relatively slow start as well (he was way down in pts, fg% and stls early this season). Like clockwork, CP3 worked his way up to a top 15 per game 9-cat fantasy player. Booker? He'll never get there with his lack of stocks and high TOs. Never. N. E. V. E. R. The analysts at Yahoo who ranked Booker high enough to go 11/12 in autodrafts should be fired for lack of math skills with regards to standard deviations.

volume is king. see luka lbj giannis ect

his last month hes outside the top 50 overall and his stat line is pretty beast.

52%, 87%, 2 three, 30/4/5  0.8 steals 2.8 t/o

no improvement on his threes/3pt attempts. he doesnt have that 5-7 three upside that most of the top tier guards can drop on you but in all fairness his season long avg look almost identical to last year.  (decrease in dimes was to be expected with cp3 and he could still get that above 5 a game) https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/5473/

Edited by colepenhagen
4 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

volume is king. see luka lbj giannis ect

his last month hes outside the top 50 overall and his stat line is pretty beast.

52%, 87%, 2 three, 30/4/5  0.8 steals 2.8 t/o

no improvement on his threes/3pt attempts. he doesnt have that 5-7 three upside that most of the top tier guards can drop on you but in all fairness his season long avg look almost identical to last year.  (decrease in dimes was to be expected with cp3 and he could still get that above 5 a game) https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/5473/

Booker "needs" a bunch of games like last night to get to his 26.6 pts/gm from last year. They are essentially correction games to get him to his 26.6 pts/gm and 91 FT%. Why does he "have" to get to 26.6pts AND 91 FT%? Because he needs those rate stats from last year to have any dream of being the 11/12th "volume" 9-cat fantasy player where Yahoo had him. And he also needs some injury/Covid to players way better per game than him (like AD, KD, Towns, etc). That was why Yahoo had him ranked 10th on their nebulous internal player rater of 2020. He played nearly every game (70 out of 72) while others missed time. The previous 2 years, he was the guy who was always hurt. He's not historically some iron man.

8 hours ago, bbythepier said:

Booker "needs" a bunch of games like last night to get to his 26.6 pts/gm from last year. They are essentially correction games to get him to his 26.6 pts/gm and 91 FT%. Why does he "have" to get to 26.6pts AND 91 FT%? Because he needs those rate stats from last year to have any dream of being the 11/12th "volume" 9-cat fantasy player where Yahoo had him. And he also needs some injury/Covid to players way better per game than him (like AD, KD, Towns, etc). That was why Yahoo had him ranked 10th on their nebulous internal player rater of 2020. He played nearly every game (70 out of 72) while others missed time. The previous 2 years, he was the guy who was always hurt. He's not historically some iron man.

i wasnt using volume meaning total value. i was using volume as hes a volume player and you know he was going to come close to last years popcorn numbers along with good %'s and could see a realistic uptick in his 0.7 steals and 2 threes. the steals  are up the threes are not.

you could of got a very lillard 2018-2019 line if bookers threes increased and he hovered around 1 steal like he is at this year.

(minus some dimes and better fg% ) maybe im forcing this one

booker owners didnt get this but if he keeps his dimes up over 5 and comes close to 50/90 26 pts ROs at one steal i aint mad.

plus phx has 4/4/4/4/4/4  the last 6 weeks of the season so booker owners lucked into that and im glad i didnt have that info at the start of the season ha

as for his season long ft% that's major skewed from bookers first 5 games at 70%. (86.5 % since jan 1)

he was untouchable at his top 13 adp even top 15 for me only reason i drafted him was because he fell mid 2nd and i wasnt drafting a big no matter what. (at 18 the only options i could've picked that i would be happier about today would be sga but i took him the night before at 17 so wanted someone one different csb)

Edited by colepenhagen
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, brooklynfinest42 said:

flat out garbage..  sinking me in 3's and fg%  only reason why you draft the guy

The pts as well. This guy getting outscored so badly by my opponents Bruce ******** Brown SMH. 

• Like 1