NBC Sports Edge Forums

Damian Lillard 2020-2021 Outlook

8 minutes ago, DoubleMcChickenn said:

I'm assuming CJ is ball-hogging while Lillard making the extra passes. Maybe a trade coming up for CJ?

Not in the slightest. He's 3-12 and 0-7 from deep right now. He simply looks like the second best guard on his team through 4 games

• Like 1
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had Tatum and traded him for Lillard. Biggest trade in my killer league this season. Then I come to this thread, and what do I see? The same debate. I'll give you my logic. Both seem about even

Top 25? He has been a 1st rounder for three straight seasons...

He had couple bad shooting games so far, every shooter goes through with it. It's not as bad as you guys think, if he makes average of 1 more shot that 41% goes to 44% which is his career average. All

Posted Images

What I'm seeing is a concerted effort by the Blazers to get used into playing with Dame off ball. CJ is playing more point and more hand offs from Nurk. We have seen teams double Dame just before or close to crossing half court in the playoffs so I suppose this is their answer.

The Clips didn't play him that tight. He was just off.

Back to form big time tonight.  Missed a lot of shots early but he was finding teammates, didn't turn it over at all, finally strung together some threes (a couple steals second half as well).  This is the guy we drafted.

On 12/30/2020 at 9:07 PM, bbythepier said:

I'm going to play Lillard for about the next week in DFS. He'll get some home cooking in Oakland before cooking in the Dubs new gym.

Chalk

• Like 1
1 hour ago, xSouthWESTx said:

Hopefully he starts to play more consistent. Picked him over Curry, it’s early in the season.

Oops.  I wish the guy that picked Curry at 8 and left me with Dame at 9 in one league made the same mistake.  

Dame is elite, no doubt, but I don't think he has that #1 overall upside like Curry.  The biggest problem is he likes to take the 1st half off some games which is pretty frustrating for your first pick. 

^ You are correct that Steph has #1 upside that Lillard doesn't (#3 last year career BBM high), but one could make the argument that a bunch of Steph's and Warriors season value goes as Draymond's health does. With an early foot sprain and his past shoulder issues, there is a non-zero risk. 

3 minutes ago, mas10 said:

Man why has cj been outplaying this guy this season so far. Doing my head in!

Yeah cj's cookin big time and i think it's a bit like Middleton in that he's a great scorer less by athleticism than intelligence, which allows his game to evolve more gracefully and surprise us late into his career. Lillard's indisputably alpha but they need cj's cool head for rough patches like this

Also like middleton, people are confused why the team's paired its star with him for so long.. blazers are all about chemistry & loyalty cuz it's the standard dame sets, right? gotta respect that

Outscored by CJ in 6 out of 7 games in my pretty standard league settings. Something's different this year I'm hopping off this train before everyone else in my league catches on. Gonna send out as many trade offers as I can and see what sticks

• Haha 1

If Stotts is trying this Mccollum-centric offense and their record doesn't follow suit, they'll be back to riding Lillard before too long imo.

Edited by bbythepier
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Suplexah said:

Was offered Lillard for Tatum and I’m completely torn. Can’t find a reason to lean one way or the other, how do you guys feel about this?

As a Tatum owner I say don't do the trade... it's a really easy call for me...

Edited by Stefan
7 hours ago, Suplexah said:

Was offered Lillard for Tatum and I’m completely torn. Can’t find a reason to lean one way or the other, how do you guys feel about this?

Take it and run w t f