NBC Sports Edge Forums

Damian Lillard 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Top 25? He has been a 1st rounder for three straight seasons...

I had Tatum and traded him for Lillard. Biggest trade in my killer league this season. Then I come to this thread, and what do I see? The same debate. I'll give you my logic. Both seem about even

He had couple bad shooting games so far, every shooter goes through with it. It's not as bad as you guys think, if he makes average of 1 more shot that 41% goes to 44% which is his career average. All

Posted Images

Saw us (me) talking trash in this thread.  I need this Dame night in night out.  Not expecting 40 points through 3 quarters every night, but this level of intensity and focus.  Didn't watch much of this game but saw a really deep three when I tuned in.  Hopefully this is a turning point for the team as a whole (even if its the TWolves).

1 hour ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

I came in to say Lillard on fire, then I see it’s the Timberwolves! 

Clippers fan hating -_- put some respect on Lillard, also not many teams play defense anymore. Half of the games this season have been blowouts. 

Ive owned Dolla for the last 4 years. He would sometimes start slow but you could always count on him to provide value top 15 or better.

Im starting to get concerned that this may not be the case this year...Something is off, still solid but not what a lot of us were hoping for.

1 hour ago, Packerguy55 said:

Ive owned Dolla for the last 4 years. He would sometimes start slow but you could always count on him to provide value top 15 or better.

Im starting to get concerned that this may not be the case this year...Something is off, still solid but not what a lot of us were hoping for.

Something is definitely off.  I said in another post that he may be declining, and I don't even know exactly what I mean by that, but he's not shooting as well as he usually does and it looks like it's affecting his overall game.  When you know you can just pull up from the logo and make it with a high degree of accuracy it changes the threat posed to the defense and the confidence you'll have in your overall game.  He's still making some tough shots but he's not that deadeye killer that he's been previously.

He's also seeming to have a tougher time finishing contested buckets at the rim where he's missing and not drawing fouls.  One thing he isn't losing though is his playmaking ability.  He's making some crazy passes out of congested traffic and finding guys with great vision.  Even though the assists are down his court vision still seems great to me.

Maybe his Curry like deep accuracy will return, but right now he's not hitting like he has in the past and I think that's the bottom line with why he's not putting up the numbers we expect.  Honestly we're talking a couple percentage points here, but I'm talking about watching the games I'm not seeing the same confident Logo Lillard from last year.

I guess thinking about it another factor is CJ playing out of his mind and taking over the playmaking sometimes and having the ball in his hands even more than usual.  It's almost like Dame is deferring to CJ right now because he knows he's shooting better, which he is.  Hopefully it's just a matter of Dame working on his shot in the gym daily and finding whatever little tweak it is that gets him back to effortlessly hitting shots from logo deep.

27 minutes ago, PaddyAustralia said:

Just remember everyone, he is not as good as cj, so this game is definitely out of the ordinary, i doubt he scores more than 20 again this season

Good one.

Wow basketball monster has CJ returning Feb 4. Not sure how accurate they are but dame could go off this 4 game week next matchup (all at home). Missing 2 starters in CJ/Nurk now

Edited by iowncrazyhair
  • 2 weeks later...