NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Wiseman 2020-2021 Outlook

Picked at #2 by the Golden State Warriors. What do we think of the Wise Man as a prospect this year? He will undoubtedly get solid play time right away as the starting C and might have to play big minutes with Klay likely out for a while. Where would you take him and what kind of stats do you see him posting? 

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being a Clippers fan is a sign of bad judgment. So yes. 

14 and 4 with 2 blocks and 2 threes at halftime 🤡

If this is how butthurt the haters are after one game, it's gonna be a long season for you guys, James going to be eating non stop

I assume something like a mild double double with good FG% could be in the cards. Hard to forecast defensive stats. Maybe he gets you a couple blocks a game. Maybe he becomes a foul machine trying to swat shots and GS reins in that part of his game.

Honestly I wouldn't expect anything too exciting from a fantasy perspective.

5 hours ago, fabrar said:

Picked at #2 by the Golden State Warriors. What do we think of the Wise Man as a prospect this year? He will undoubtedly get solid play time right away as the starting C and might have to play big minutes with Klay likely out for a while. Where would you take him and what kind of stats do you see him posting? 

Dominant with boards and blocks, fg% anchor who doesn't hurt ft% which is fantasy gold.

• Like 1

I know that most people tend to rush with rookie selection, but if I have an equal choice to draft rookie or 30-year player then I usually prefer older one, because he has already proved his level, rookie has not.

Edited by apatas
  • Like 1

If Klay misses time that will help his production a lot.  If Klay doesn't miss much time Wiseman's scoring will likely be low but he will focus on rebounding and defense.  I'm pretty sure in the next year or so it will be very obvious that Wiseman was the best player in the draft.

1 minute ago, FouLLine said:

If Klay misses time that will help his production a lot.  If Klay doesn't miss much time Wiseman's scoring will likely be low but he will focus on rebounding and defense.  I'm pretty sure in the next year or so it will be very obvious that Wiseman was the best player in the draft.

There’s a few others that I like in this class but I agree, next year I think the consensus will be Wiseman was the best player from this draft.

Just now, RedRaider27 said:

There’s a few others that I like in this class but I agree, next year I think the consensus will be Wiseman was the best player from this draft.

LaMelo & Edwards are great prospects but Wiseman is 7'1" with a 7'6" wingspan you can't teach or develop that.  Watch him dribble in games, he does not look like a 7 footer at all.  This kid is going to be something else.

• Like 1

one guy that improved drastically in just a couple of months with his proclivity towards fouling out quickly (he had problems during all his seasons) was marquese chriss...i bet dray influenced him a lot and he’ll do the same to wiseman...i hope this guy does well from day one

Well Klays out so you would think Wisemans role is bigger now. I feel like GSW will make 1 more move tho to try and fill the hole of Klay being gone. I'm not sure what they can do with all the big contracts already on the books. I still like Wiseman to at least get 12/8/1/1 with solid percentages.

7 minutes ago, magic32 said:

Why would they do that. They are still a playoff team without Klay.

They are absolutely not a playoff team without Klay, and with fuc k*** Wiggins and a rookie C. 

Edited by Stefan
11 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Yep, until they shut him down for the season. 

why in the hell would they do that, they have a pretty good team even without klay and oubre is coming as well

• Like 1
Just now, L3onD said:

why in the hell would they do that, they have a pretty good team even without klay and oubre is coming as well

Ok, they might not shut him down if, and I say if he is healthy... but they gonna for sure babysit him, on a slight sign of injury

5 minutes ago, magic32 said:

They absolutely are. 

I don't agree. They might be in fight for 8 seed... and thats their max I think. 
6teams clearly in front GS: Lakers, Clippers, Nuggets, Jazz, Portland, Dallas... and then there're Spurs - Suns with CP3 and Warriors
EDIT: and there're Rockets. We don't know if Russ and/or Harden are getting traded

Edited by Stefan
  • tonycpsu changed the title to James Wiseman 2020-2021 Outlook