Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Wiseman 2020-2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

Wiseman>Paschall and should be averaging more than 20 min per game. 

From a fantasy perspective yes but from real life, no. 

Wiseman is obviously more talented but is very raw and fouls a lot.  Paschall is currently our 3rd best offensive player.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being a Clippers fan is a sign of bad judgment. So yes. 

14 and 4 with 2 blocks and 2 threes at halftime 🤡

Wiseman from three: 3/3 Rest of Warriors from three: 7/40   Golden State needs to bring in some help for Wiseman. 

22 minutes ago, alexstr said:

From a fantasy perspective yes but from real life, no. 

Wiseman is obviously more talented but is very raw and fouls a lot.  Paschall is currently our 3rd best offensive player.

Paschall has shown an improved offensive game this year, but I don't think it's sustainable. Wiseman controls his own destiny, but you're right - foul trouble is likely to limit him for the foreseeable future, à la JJJ.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, alexstr said:

From a fantasy perspective yes but from real life, no. 

Wiseman is obviously more talented but is very raw and fouls a lot.  Paschall is currently our 3rd best offensive player.

Paschall was worse last night, Wiseman wasn't even in foul trouble in the first half yet Paschall saw more minutes. Honestly he should be seeing at least 25 minutes a night just like his fellow top 3 lottery picks (Edwards, Ball)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DezedandConfused said:

Paschall was worse last night, Wiseman wasn't even in foul trouble in the first half yet Paschall saw more minutes. Honestly he should be seeing at least 25 minutes a night just like his fellow top 3 lottery picks (Edwards, Ball)

 

difference, those teams arent very good.

we're very early into the season, Kerr is going to ease him into the minutes...he'll get there

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, lacit1707 said:

 

difference, those teams arent very good.

we're very early into the season, Kerr is going to ease him into the minutes...he'll get there

Hornets have nearly the same record as the Warriors, both 8th seeds in their respective conferences. Different season, different Hornets team who have beaten ATL twice, Nets with Kyrie and KD in the lineup, and the Mavs. Also this isn't the same Warriors dynasty team and they don't have Klay, they don't really have the luxury either to ease him in as a fringe playoff team. 

Edited by DezedandConfused
Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven’t seen any golden state games this year unfortunately. I just lost Nurkic and the Wiseman owner in my league will take Dillon brooks for him straight up. Do you guys see Wiseman improving upon his current averages as the season progresses? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Supersonics said:

I haven’t seen any golden state games this year unfortunately. I just lost Nurkic and the Wiseman owner in my league will take Dillon brooks for him straight up. Do you guys see Wiseman improving upon his current averages as the season progresses? 

Dillon Brooks is shooting so bad right now, even with all his opportunities to shine without Morant. I would buy low on Wiseman here as it seems he's just getting better and more confident with each game that passes. If he can reign in on his fouls, be a little more aggressive on the boards and Kerr to give him more minutes.

Just my 2 cents...

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Supersonics said:

Do you guys see Wiseman improving upon his current averages as the season progresses? 

As a Dubs fan who watches every game, I think he will improve...but nothing crazy.

If he's currently at 11/6 with 1.5 blocks I can see him finishing with 13/8 with 1.5 blocks, but wouldn't expect anything greater than that.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

He should come off the bench. -19 today. He is literally playing like a big kid out there. Just big but still a kid that does not match up well against starters. I really believe it will do him much better in real life and fantasy if he plays against bench players for now. The warriors are trying to win and this kid aint helping in that department yet

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Brown_Mamba said:

He should come off the bench. -19 today. He is literally playing like a big kid out there. Just big but still a kid that does not match up well against starters. I really believe it will do him much better in real life and fantasy if he plays against bench players for now. The warriors are trying to win and this kid aint helping in that department yet

I agree he should be coming in against 2nd unit C's but they are trying to force feed experience to him that he just can't handle against starters he needs to stick with basic big fundamentals he tries to do much too much one on one. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a bad matchup.  Doesn't help that he's just one of many garbage players on my roster(s) who happen to be getting destroyed in my leagues though.  Can't really drop him, but I wouldn't be surprised if owners in shallow leagues have already moved on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Brown_Mamba said:

He should come off the bench. -19 today. He is literally playing like a big kid out there. Just big but still a kid that does not match up well against starters. I really believe it will do him much better in real life and fantasy if he plays against bench players for now. The warriors are trying to win and this kid aint helping in that department yet

LOL seriously dude? He is 19 with only 3 college games and missed all of camp and is learning on the fly. Gasol/AD is a nightmare matchup for everyone. Even Embiid dropped a fat zero against Gasol

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DonutGiveUp said:

LOL seriously dude? He is 19 with only 3 college games and missed all of camp and is learning on the fly. Gasol/AD is a nightmare matchup for everyone. Even Embiid dropped a fat zero against Gasol

Seriously what? I just stated the obvious. Except for like 3 games this season, he hasnt been a must pick up fantasy player. Yes it was a bad matchup but who has he dominated really over the last few games? Ive watched most of the Warriors games closely and I tell you this kid is super raw at this point and as i said might benefit coming off the bench for a few games, not to mention warriors looks to be more fluid with looney out there or eric paschal. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Brown_Mamba said:

He should come off the bench. -19 today. He is literally playing like a big kid out there. Just big but still a kid that does not match up well against starters. I really believe it will do him much better in real life and fantasy if he plays against bench players for now. The warriors are trying to win and this kid aint helping in that department yet

They are telling him and showing him he is their starting 5 now and into the future since the Warriors are fully invested in bringing him along quickly because they have playoff aspirations this year, and want him to be as developed as possible come playoff time.  They seem to be confident in their chances of making a starting calibre player out of him over the course of this season and still seeding, so I think we’re going to see a very clear and evident progression of skill and confidence these next four months.  Considering he possesses all the physical traits, talent and intelligence needed to tap into the potential, and he’s receiving constant on-the-court coaching from a pair of 3x champs, I would not bet against him becoming a very solid contributor by end of season.  

Edited by 80version
Sp
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Brown_Mamba said:

Seriously what? I just stated the obvious. Except for like 3 games this season, he hasnt been a must pick up fantasy player. Yes it was a bad matchup but who has he dominated really over the last few games? Ive watched most of the Warriors games closely and I tell you this kid is super raw at this point and as i said might benefit coming off the bench for a few games, not to mention warriors looks to be more fluid with looney out there or eric paschal. 

No sh** he is a rookie who only played 3 college games! He will only get better but rookies should not be relied upon in fantasy. If your beef is with a rookie that is your problem learn to draft better

Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair he just hasn't been that good fantasy wise because he doesn't have the IQ to stay on the floor. Fantasy don't give a damn about rookie excuses if he wasn't getting that 1.5blks he'd be off my roster because I'm never high on rookies unless they are special. If you want to look at dynasty leagues Wiseman is your guy but right now he's almost unplayable down the stretch for a reason. If you can afford to deal with his rookie struggles do it, if not I don't think he's flat out droppable but I'd package him in a deal I have Draymond too and I don't like that duo single digit stats on my team. I'm winning so these are good problems to  have. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel bad for the mgrs that were too impatient and dropped this kid.  He’s getting some easy buckets with defenses collapsing on Steph and Dray making plays for him.  Once they’ve got him fully integrated it’s gonna be fun to watch.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, alexstr said:

Outside of 6 team leagues who the hell would drop Wiseman lol

A few people in this thread by the sounds of it lol. Them assists tonight were a bonus. If he can get the 3s back again he'll be filling the stats sheet

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 80version said:

I feel bad for the mgrs that were too impatient and dropped this kid.  He’s getting some easy buckets with defenses collapsing on Steph and Dray making plays for him.  Once they’ve got him fully integrated it’s gonna be fun to watch.  

I don’t. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...