NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Wiseman 2020-2021 Outlook

9 hours ago, alexstr said:

Outside of 6 team leagues who the hell would drop Wiseman lol

Ok that's wild. He is just inside top200 for the season. He should be on many 10-12 league wires right now. Winning teams have the luxury of waiting him, but not those that have been losing or had many players out due to covid. His numbers so far are bad.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being a Clippers fan is a sign of bad judgment. So yes. 

14 and 4 with 2 blocks and 2 threes at halftime ūü§°

If this is how butthurt the haters are after one game, it's gonna be a long season for you guys, James going to be eating non stop

Steve kerr running this 3pt shooting motion heavy offense as if klay and kd are on the team. How bout feeding wiseman and establishing an inside presence on offense so the floor opens up. He has the #2 overall pick playing in a clint capela role SMH

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jdotb said:

Steve kerr running this 3pt shooting motion heavy offense as if klay and kd are on the team. How bout feeding wiseman and establishing an inside presence on offense so the floor opens up. He has the #2 overall pick playing in a clint capela role SMH

Don't all rookies get same treatment? #1 and #3 picks are coming off the bench

11 minutes ago, Brown_Mamba said:

Now lets see what we have. I think there's a good chance he's going to be a more servicable fantasy player in this role

I agree. This could help him.

15 minutes ago, Brown_Mamba said:

Relegated to the 2nd unit. I called it. Now lets see what we have. I think there's a good chance he's going to be a more servicable fantasy player in this role

I hope so.  It's a little odd tho - Wiseman's been playing well the last 3 games, and I also don't see him being any slower than Looney, esp when challenging Reid's shooting if this is a matchup issue.  Hopefully Kerr's mixing stuff up or giving Wiseman a rest with his minutes.

12 minutes ago, megaplayboy said:

Looney may have just took his job lol clear better IQ and less mistakes. Kerr may have just made a tough but necessary decision. 

One thing that never gets mentioned either , is that Looney is surprisingly capable when switching on the screen. People don't really ever notice (or acknowledge) that, and it's a massive part of the way we play D

The thing is he can put up stats in a hurry. I think tonight he did all his damage in 2 separate 2-3 min stretches. 2nd unit and garbage time may actually be better for him for accumulating fantasy numbers. He's going to need more than 15 minutes though.

It's understandably looking like Wiseman gonna be playing the backup center role strictly behind Looney, Kerr doesn't want Wiseman to have anything to do with the second unit when Eric is running it so this may be it. 

4 minutes ago, megaplayboy said:

It's understandably looking like Wiseman gonna be playing the backup center role strictly behind Looney, Kerr doesn't want Wiseman to have anything to do with the second unit when Eric is running it so this may be it. 

Time will tell. I did notice the 2nd unit struggle massively with rim protection and giving up 2nd chance points (against Wolves no-name 2nd stringers at that) with Eric as the 5. He also wasn't very effective finishing near the bucket. So it's possible he could lose that job at some point.

1 minute ago, zerthimon said:

Time will tell. I did notice the 2nd unit struggle massively with rim protection and giving up 2nd chance points (against Wolves no-name 2nd stringers at that) with Eric as the 5. He also wasn't very effective finishing near the bucket. So it's possible he could lose that job at some point.

Doubt it, Kerr has made it clear in interviews that's Eric's role. And he does a pretty good job at it, they can run everything through him in that second unit, they can't do that with Wiseman. Time will tell, I'll give him another week I have 2 players I want to activate in IL and a player in need to cut so I really don't mind giving up on rookies. 

2 hours ago, zerthimon said:

The thing is he can put up stats in a hurry. I think tonight he did all his damage in 2 separate 2-3 min stretches. 2nd unit and garbage time may actually be better for him for accumulating fantasy numbers. He's going to need more than 15 minutes though.

Yep couple of baskets, boards and a block in his last 2 stints. Made the line serviceable.

Also they won't find out much about the starting lineup effectiveness until they play the Suns. 

1 minute ago, ghstuddachamps said:

Is it crazy to be thinking of dropping him for Deandre Jordan in non-dynasty league? Needs to hit the squats - lower body strength just isn’t ready yet for consistent post-ups. He looks really rough out there right now. 

I think I've seen enough to cut bait tonight... at the end of the day he's 19 so gotta give him some slack IRL but fantasy wise although I'm sitting #2 comfortably an open roster spot to stream is probably more valuable then a rookie getting 15-25 mins hopefully I'm wrong down the line GL boys

Is he coming back soon?

He is looking alright to be honest. His stats are ok for a rookie center and some of the league's current best players had not amazing averages in their rookie year (Kevin Garnett for ex). Looney out for another week so hopefully Wiseman shows up and impresses.