NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Wiseman 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being a Clippers fan is a sign of bad judgment. So yes. 

14 and 4 with 2 blocks and 2 threes at halftime 🤡

Wiseman from three: 3/3 Rest of Warriors from three: 7/40   Golden State needs to bring in some help for Wiseman. 

3 minutes ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

Exciting to see but GSW are getting blown out.  I'm not expecting this every night but the fact he was playing with the starters when the game mattered means something.  We'll see how it goes over the next dozen games.

His real line before garbage time was 10/6 with 3 steals. I'd expect him to get to 13/7 with a 3pm in a regular non-blowout game. 

1 minute ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

His real line before garbage time was 10/6 with 3 steals. I'd expect him to get to 13/7 with a 3pm in a regular non-blowout game. 

Something around 13/7 I think is fair especially if he struggles on D, Kerr switches to Looney for a bit, etc.  I'm surprised about the 3s though.  I didn't think he'd have the range and I'm still not sold he'll light it up from deep consistently. 

1 minute ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

Something around 13/7 I think is fair especially if he struggles on D, Kerr switches to Looney for a bit, etc.  I'm surprised about the 3s though.  I didn't think he'd have the range and I'm still not sold he'll light it up from deep consistently. 

You have to see the GSW scouting video from earlier in this thread. Kid is legit. They will definitely let him take ~2-3 3s per game.

What he needs to learn is how to camp behind the line, rather than taking long 2s. Maybe 2-3 of his attempts tonight should have been 3s, rather than long 2s.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

He was a mystery man coming into the nba. But remember Kyrie only played 11 college games, went first and won ROY. Wiseman has all the tools to be elite for years to come. Dribbles like a guard, very quick for a 7 shooter, runs the floor and has a sweet stroke. Nerves are gone and the free throws should start to fall and blocks will come

Edited by DonutGiveUp
  • Like 1
Just now, Racks11479 said:

He seemed less nervous in the garbage minutes. Here's hoping he gets his footing down for the next game. He just needs to be a little bit more confidence in his game. He's too big of a presence inside to be so passive on the post like that. 

He played against 3rd stringers when he went off if he wasn’t less nervous then you should be worried. He looked really good and games like this will give him confidence.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Never see this much excitement before about a center hitting a lone three pointer.

It’s a bunch of dudes having a jerk session for a rookie center who played well in a blowout against the Nets bench. Pretty much another preseason game.

Edited by RedDogNamedClippers
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

It’s a bunch of dudes having a jerk session for a rookie center who played well in a blowout against the Nets bench. 

You forgot to mention those who drafted him and are ready to declare “I knew it/I told you so” 

Edited by Johnnyapplebot
  • Like 1
Just now, stay_woke said:

If this is how butthurt the haters are after one game, it's gonna be a long season for you guys, James going to be eating non stop

Well I will only speak for myself. I didn’t look to draft him I hope he does well and I also watched the game. He looked good. Let’s slow it down though before thinking he’s gold!!! He might be, one game against 3rd stringers (when he did 95% of his damage) isn’t screaming haters alert incoming. 

4 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

If this is how butthurt the haters are after one game, it's gonna be a long season for you guys, James going to be eating non stop

Damn 1 game we are called haters? For me I’m just saying slow your roll. At least gloat maybe after a week of play? Not after how many minutes he played? 24

4 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Damn 1 game we are called haters? For me I’m just saying slow your roll. At least gloat maybe after a week of play? Not after how many minutes he played? 24

Bro aren’t you a clippers fan? You guys should never come out from hiding after the playoff choke lol. Wiseman is a rookie, with no preseason and started we’ll let it be 

• tonycpsu changed the title to James Wiseman 2020-2021 Outlook