NBC Sports Edge Forums

James Wiseman 2020-2021 Outlook

He was definitely more aggressive today than his first game. Crashing boards with the intent to actually rebound the ball. Hopefully Draymond's the one lighting a fire in him. He's also been given the green light offensively which is great to hear. I love it. Worth the pick.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being a Clippers fan is a sign of bad judgment. So yes. 

14 and 4 with 2 blocks and 2 threes at halftime 🤡

If this is how butthurt the haters are after one game, it's gonna be a long season for you guys, James going to be eating non stop

10 hours ago, summersoff7 said:

garbage time special 

Sorry. To break it to you, but there will be more to come with this current roster.....

But it prob best you don’t own him, we all know your MO with player bashing every yr in these threads.

• Haha 1
  • tonycpsu changed the title to James Wiseman 2020-2021 Outlook
3 hours ago, gbill2004 said:

Where do you guys rank him in terms of fantasy centres this season?  Worth owning in shallow leagues?

How shallow is your league...? 6 teams? 

He's shown that he is one of those rare centers who can block shots AND shoot threes. If he can do 12 pts, 7 rebs, 2 blocks, and 1.5 threes, that's already Myles Turner level production. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Mdubb23 said:

Would you move him for Drummond right now in a dynasty league?

This should be asked in the Manager help section but quick answer is below.

If you have a win now team I would accept, Drummond is a statistical monster. If you don't think you have a great shot this season I would hold on to Wiseman, I think he could be an Embiid like talent.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Just wish I knew what Looney has on Kerr

Nothing. Looney plays hard and plays hurt (see 2019 finals when he played with a broken collarbone).

He is a horrible fantasy player because his value isn’t in garnering stats, but he is a good role player and big that can stay with defenders. Good dude to have on the team. Wiseman is way more talented obviously, but it is is to be expected that Looney will play a role on this team.

• Like 2

Didn't close out game because Kerr needed scorers in and shooters late; while Wiseman could definitely shoot, I think Looney's experience, familiarity with the team, and willingness to pass were all factors in letting the relative vet play over Wiseman.

Didn't really get heavy minutes due to foul trouble, and if you were watching the game, he looked visibly exhausted running back and forth on the court. Should be expected from a rookie who only played 3 college games, lol.

Expect Wiseman to get more run without Chriss, but I also think the Dubs need to handle Wiseman's minutes carefully.  He can definitely protect the rim AND shoot, which the Dubs desperately need, but they'll need to be careful about burning him out as well.

• Like 2

There will be up and down games with wiseman because he’s still learning himself and how to succeed in the NBA. His ridiculous potential is obvious but owners have to keep in mind he has literally played 6 (3 ncaa games & 3 nba games) official basketball games since being in high school.... freaking high school.

imagine that from his perspective. So with that said he’s still learning how to utilize his skill set against much more talented players. He’s also trapped in Steve kerrs wonky offense that is looking like complete trash right now and being led by 2 undercover tank commanders. There will come a point in the season where kerr realizes he needs to give wiseman more touches to open up the offense. When that time comes I expect his production to be better and more consistent. Oubre cannot create on his own and Wiggins has a good game once out of every 10 games basically. You can’t rely on that and be successful. 

• Haha 1
28 minutes ago, Walk with me said:

There will be up and down games with wiseman because he’s still learning himself and how to succeed in the NBA. His ridiculous potential is obvious but owners have to keep in mind he has literally played 6 (3 ncaa games & 3 nba games) official basketball games since being in high school.... freaking high school.

imagine that from his perspective. So with that said he’s still learning how to utilize his skill set against much more talented players. He’s also trapped in Steve kerrs wonky offense that is looking like complete trash right now and being led by 2 undercover tank commanders. There will come a point in the season where kerr realizes he needs to give wiseman more touches to open up the offense. When that time comes I expect his production to be better and more consistent. Oubre cannot create on his own and Wiggins has a good game once out of every 10 games basically. You can’t rely on that and be successful. 

Agreed and co-signed. They need more classic pick and roll, with two of the best at it in the league. Get Curry to the elbows at least and let him decide based on his read. Also, they will get some of that when Dray comes back. 

• Like 1

The early foul trouble is the biggest culprit of young big men in fantasy and the problem is, that's not going to go away. There's going to be games where we say "what happened!? Where are the minutes!" Every game he's played he's picked up two fouls in the first quarter.

His first two games the stats were picked up in garbage time so we may need to temper our expectations as the Warriors get more competitive in games.

I love this dude and think he's ROY but unless he corrects the foul trouble we may see occasional duds. The plus side of this is that NBA fouls are something you can learn so hopefully the more experience he gets the better he is at avoiding the foul trouble.