NBC Sports Edge Forums

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander 2020-2021 Outlook

6 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

People still holding this headache? No updates, trash team who have no reason to even play him again. Currently have 4 guys INJ with 2 weeks til playoffs. Reevaluation in April where they will probably say he is progressing and thats it

depends on if you can take the hit I guess. I'm 4th in my 14 man league and I'm holding till the update

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, I decided to dig deeper and took a took at every player from 2018-19 to 2019-20, to see how guards were affected by a big increase in usage. I filtered out all big men, players who played less tha

I don't understand your list. I don't know how you can just write off SGA when there's several players you just mentioned that are even more questionable as top 50's. JJJ - This man is still reco

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Vikster07 said:

depends on if you can take the hit I guess. I'm 4th in my 14 man league and I'm holding till the update

4th in my league as well. Issue is its plantar fasciitis which is long term and he's on a horrible team no point playing him 

3 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

4th in my league as well. Issue is its plantar fasciitis which is long term and he's on a horrible team no point playing him 

ya the problem is I don't think I'll win in the playoffs without him and I can afford to hold till the updates. 

8 minutes ago, Vikster07 said:

this is a damn good sign

No it’s not. He’s been doing this since the first initial “injury” date. This is just proof he’s being held back so they can tank. Pathetic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Real talk... since they have a million picks coming up does that mean this dude going to purposely sit next season? Season after? Where is Silver in all this I swear they were going to stop rewarding tanking what happened?

8 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Real talk... since they have a million picks coming up does that mean this dude going to purposely sit next season? Season after? Where is Silver in all this I swear they were going to stop rewarding tanking what happened?

COVID?

1 minute ago, DonutGiveUp said:

What about it?

Maybe the league has eased off a bit considering we’re in a pandemic. Idk

15 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

Maybe the league has eased off a bit considering we’re in a pandemic. Idk

If there was a pandemic league wouldn't be running especially not allowing fans back. I get sitting guys on b2b but this hell naw

34 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

If there was a pandemic league wouldn't be running especially not allowing fans back. I get sitting guys on b2b but this hell naw

Did I go back in time? People questioning COVID out it’s impact in 2021 is so unimaginable that accidental time travel seems like a more plausible explanation for this comment. 

24 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

Did I go back in time? People questioning COVID out it’s impact in 2021 is so unimaginable that accidental time travel seems like a more plausible explanation for this comment. 

Where was it questioned? Its 2021 im glad you know what year and you should also know everyone can have an opinion on whatever they want. You probably waste all your day online anyways research things that matter bud thats your free tip good luck

43 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Where was it questioned? Its 2021 im glad you know what year and you should also know everyone can have an opinion on whatever they want. You probably waste all your day online anyways research things that matter bud thats your free tip good luck

“If there was a pandemic...” that’s where. 

Where do you suggest I go to look this up? Karen on Facebook? Too late Bill Gates already got me with the 5G. 

20 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Time to cut loose? He hasn't even been re-evaluated yet 

The best time would have been a few weeks ago. The second best time would be right about now. 

Sigh. Sadly there were clues all over the place with all the “rest”. They were tanking with half the season to go, now that he is “injured” there absolutely no chance they will let him back on the floor. 

This is for redraft leagues of course. And this is not a fantasy advice. I just like the stock. Or in this case, don’t. 

I said it on here before that we should’ve flipped him for top 20-40 value. Way too many fake injuries and red flags but we all just fell in love with this kids lines. Can’t blame us. As long as you have an IR spot, stash away. If not and your playoffs are starting he should’ve been a drop before your playoffs started. Josh Lloyd said it himself, Dwayne Bacon stats are better than ZERO stats.

• Like 1

Upside of drafting the new #1 option on a bad/tanking team: Increase in Early-Midseason numbers from the prior season

Downside of drafting the #1 option on a bad/tanking team: End of season tanking leads to more rest days/small injuries turn to more nagging injuries requiring more "rest"

Neutral: Some prospects turn to ROS contributors as the tanking team evaluates talent. 

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Upside of drafting the new #1 option on a bad/tanking team: Increase in Early-Midseason numbers from the prior season

Downside of drafting the #1 option on a bad/tanking team: End of season tanking leads to more rest days/small injuries turn to more nagging injuries requiring more "rest"

Neutral: Some prospects turn to ROS contributors as the tanking team evaluates talent. 

Keeping tabs on these tankchises like a vulture might be the way to approach it, then. Drafting SGA and Ol Horford certainly helped slam-dunk some nails into my team's coffin

On 4/17/2021 at 7:52 AM, brickcitymamba said:

Keeping tabs on these tankchises like a vulture might be the way to approach it, then. Drafting SGA and Ol Horford certainly helped slam-dunk some nails into my team's coffin

I'm with you there.  I made so, so many mistakes this season (drafting/picking up Horford, drafting Whiteside R5, drafting Simmons in two leagues, drafting Drummond in 2 leagues, AD in one ... etc), and SGA was another bad mistake that ended up costing me dearly.

I don't think anyone really expected SGA to get rested (or injured) this badly.  Yes, he's on a tanking team, but realistically, he needs to get developed and it's not like he's a veteran or old.  He's 22 years old and has played 3 seasons (including this one), without any serious prior red flags, injury-wise.  The Thunder are going into some next-level rebuilding ... like, they're rebuilding on rebuilding, haha.  But maybe if anyone drafted him R2 like me, it's a good lesson to go for consistency versus upside in early rounds.

But yeah, if he's getting re-evaluated next week (well, early May), that's at the end of some folks' semi-finals in the POs.  If you don't have an IL (or even if you do), the VERY, VERY best scenario is that he returns by your fantasy PO finals.  And realistically, even if he comes back then, he'll have a ton of restrictions and rest, so I'd be apprehensive about how much he'd actually help you even if healthy.  And obviously, I highly doubt the rebuilding Thunder risk their star returning from an injury like that soon after getting reevaulated twice anyway. 

Personally, I'm dropping (to preserve/stack my ILs) for the POs; it's just not worth risking losing my entire season for the slight chance that SGA returns when it matters.  But it's a testament to how stupid this season is that I drop my R2 pick for Campazzo this week, lol.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, MWon said:

I'm with you there.  I made so, so many mistakes this season (drafting/picking up Horford, drafting Whiteside R5, drafting Simmons in two leagues, drafting Drummond in 2 leagues, AD in one ... etc), and SGA was another bad mistake that ended up costing me dearly.

I don't think anyone really expected SGA to get rested (or injured) this badly.  Yes, he's on a tanking team, but realistically, he needs to get developed and it's not like he's a veteran or old.  He's 22 years old and has played 3 seasons (including this one), without any serious prior red flags, injury-wise.  The Thunder are going into some next-level rebuilding ... like, they're rebuilding on rebuilding, haha.  But maybe if anyone drafted him R2 like me, it's a good lesson to go for consistency versus upside in early rounds.

But yeah, if he's getting re-evaluated next week (well, early May), that's at the end of some folks' semi-finals in the POs.  If you don't have an IL (or even if you do), the VERY, VERY best scenario is that he returns by your fantasy PO finals.  And realistically, even if he comes back then, he'll have a ton of restrictions and rest, so I'd be apprehensive about how much he'd actually help you even if healthy.  And obviously, I highly doubt the rebuilding Thunder risk their star returning from an injury like that soon after getting reevaulated twice anyway. 

Personally, I'm dropping (to preserve/stack my ILs) for the POs; it's just not worth risking losing my entire season for the slight chance that SGA returns when it matters.  But it's a testament to how stupid this season is that I drop my R2 pick for Campazzo this week, lol.

Naw man those are solid draft picks you can't tell what these divas in the NBA will end up doing. Never in my wildest dreams did I think Raptors would join the tanking fun. Going forward everyone bar maybe Jokic is a risk

3 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Naw man those are solid draft picks you can't tell what these divas in the NBA will end up doing. Never in my wildest dreams did I think Raptors would join the tanking fun. Going forward everyone bar maybe Jokic is a risk

Ah, I meant that, in retrospect, I should've grabbed other players.  I swear though, this season was so bizarre.  Randle, Conley, Harry B breaking out, Zion not only going crazy but also staying healthy ... I don't think anyone could've predicted that would happen.

It's definitely risky who to take R1 next year given all this rest nonsense.  But yeah, Joker looks like the clear #1 pick as he's not only producing, but staying on the court.

• Like 2