NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jayson Tatum 2020-2021 Outlook

5 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Funny how Memphis is only +4.5 tonight. I think bookies already know he’s out. You would think Boston would blow them out with no Ja and company.

At midnight last night, I asked in the Dillon Brooks thread why MEM/BOS was off the board. I figured that one or more of BOS's big three would sit after a red-eye from Indy

Edited by bbythepier
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Counting rest days and load management... and if we talk about total season value, Tatum is in front of them and top 10 Tatum stats(per 36) with Hayward of the court are s c a r y: 25.9p - 7.3r

That's going to be an extremely difficult pairing to create unless your league is between 4-6 players. 

Posted Images

he needs to stop settling for jumper and drive in and draw a foul. it'll help bump his value up substantially. increasing fg% and helping solidify ft% each week. He's strong enough, so im surprised he isn't more aggressive down low. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, halbounih said:

he needs to stop settling for jumper and drive in and draw a foul. it'll help bump his value up substantially. increasing fg% and helping solidify ft% each week. He's strong enough, so im surprised he isn't more aggressive down low. 

I don't think he got that far in his training with Kobe on that (felt like it was more skill training during that summer). We know he likens his playstayle to Kobe, meaning lots of midrange/fadeways. The thing about Kobe though was that he was much smarter and understood how taking fouls can change the pace of the game. Tatum is still young, and that sort of insight is something that he will have to discover on his own now. If he keeps up this playstyle, he will be a solid 2nd rounder.

maybe not higher, but considering the ADP gap between those two i would rather have brown.

granted it's just 2 weeks, but for a late 1st round pick/early 2nd round he has been meh. no leap whatsoever

• Like 2
4 hours ago, KingDURANTULA said:

Fake take: Jaylen finishes higher than Tatum this year.

This makes more sense  😝  Tatum will pick it up tho, not worried in the slightest. 

He plays like Kobe , love this kid. 

30 minutes ago, bballmaster said:

I have both tatum and brown. Tatum is good but i feel like Brown is the way better shooter (and would go him for final shot)

jorttu.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
8 minutes ago, TroutFister said:

yah that was a stone cold clutch shot at the end. great game...but theres another gear he has which makes him a top 5 fantasy asset imo. i hope he gets there, he has all the talent in the world.

I’m not worried. He’s on cruise control right now. Dude definitely has another gear, but today’s 12ast 0TO 2blk will have to do for now 🥰

• Like 2
2 hours ago, TroutFister said:

yah that was a stone cold clutch shot at the end. great game...but theres another gear he has which makes him a top 5 fantasy asset imo. i hope he gets there, he has all the talent in the world.

'He needs to get that FG% to the 46-47% range to be top 5 ... that's the only difference between him and Kawhi really..  maybe less treys and a bit more post up ..hes right there though!

• Like 1