NBC Sports Edge Forums

Killian Hayes 2020-2021 Outlook

he looked terrible.  In contrast to haliburton who is also playing with D'Fox and managed at 15 / 6 dime line.  You can chalk it up to Detroit being terrible but he's competing with Delon Wright and DRose.  There is no reason why he can't make an impact when the supposed + for him was he was playing grown men overseas.  I'm gonna give him one more game but I smell a bust.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heh, I could use Plumlee too, but I'm gonna stick with Hayes. It's just one game. I can't really bring myself to drop a lottery pick rookie on a rebuilding team ... and then pick up Mason friggin

You're "so sick" of Killian? He's 19-yr old rookie two games into his NBA career.   What the heck is going on in this thread

2 weeks from my playoffs ive made the decision that im not dropping this guy. I love an comeback story and im stupid enough to lose this league on that alone

No confidence, I saw the kind of passes he was giving in the last game, and these were inbound passes to a wide open man. They were not crisp and assertive. I also dropped him for George Hill, but like others have said I can easily pick him up again if he starts to play better. No one will be rushing to pick up Hayes in my 14-team league.

This was by far his best game so far. As a Pistons fan, if this is what it it’s like without Rose and Blake I’d rather just trade them away for nothing. He looked like a real pg. Not just handing it off to Blake so he can drive or hold it for a terrible three. 

7 minutes ago, Jessie said:

do we consider a "good" game today?

Yeah because I dropped him in 2 of my 3 fantasy teams this year. Someone scooped him of course. Usage won’t be there when Rose and Griffin are back. I expect Hayes getting picked and dropped every now and then until getting heavily used towards EOS

Edited by csklmf
  • Haha 1

for season long i'd cut bait and pick him up again whenever you need him.  He's a keeper in my league and he showed me just enough to keep him for little longer.

This is the game where he produced best without Blake and Drose.  He still defers to Grant and J.Jackson.

He starting getting a lot more assists late game because they were getting out in transition and when he kicked it out the guys were just shooting.  In the half court sets he's invisible because he passes to a wing and they're running a lot of offense through Mason Plumlee (wut?).

The team is like a christmas stocking full of random crap.  Why they let christian wood go is beyond me.  Blow it up and go with a youth movement and maybe Killian might have some value.

Edited by chimera
  • Like 1

If you're holding him in redraft leagues, you're doing it wrong. He's not the primary ball handler/decision maker on the team, his shot is pretty janky, and there are no defensive stats. 

He shouldn't be starting. He's not ready. In regards to stats, there is no indication that he is prepared to be return top 150 production. Unless you're in a 20 team league where desperation sets in, there is no reason he should be on rosters. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, tremixt said:

If you're holding him in redraft leagues, you're doing it wrong. He's not the primary ball handler/decision maker on the team, his shot is pretty janky, and there are no defensive stats. 

He shouldn't be starting. He's not ready. In regards to stats, there is no indication that he is prepared to be return top 150 production. Unless you're in a 20 team league where desperation sets in, there is no reason he should be on rosters. 

You are right, too bad for 16 teamer the waiver is very dry......

Grab delon Wright if still available. Feel sorry for killian Hayes. Opportunity is there but he’s too raw for that. Hopefully he has mamba mentality to practice and make a comeback. Still young. 

Edited by csklmf
1 minute ago, wisegeeks said:

it's Dwayne Casey guys, under this !#$% coach, this kid would have to wait 2-3 years before he can do anything

What do you think Dwayne Casey is doing to hold him back?  He has the starting job and decent minutes.  Every time I watch him he just looks like he isn't quite ready for the stage yet.

• Like 1

Looks like another Frank Ntilikina in the making. A raw rookie getting minutes and consistently doing nothing. Its a shame because he looked like a good prospect before the draft. I would wait for a good game and sell high in all leagues.

Edited by KKPer9

Labral tear in the hip. Can take upto 6 months to recover. Is Delon a scoop in 12s? I'm guessing 50/50 time split with Rose for 24 a night. Not sure he produces enough in that time?