NBC Sports Edge Forums

Brandon Ingram 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think the impact of Jrue leaving has been undersold. This offense runs through BI and Zion, he touches the ball pretty much every single possession. Wouldn't be surprised if he is a consensus 2nd ro

in the 21 games alongside Zion Williamson, he dropped to eighth-round status, so it could be tough for him to recapture the stats from his pre-Zion run last season. Still, he should be a safe bet for

It is worth mentioning that he dipped down into the 70's once Williamson made his debut in late January. But I like his outlook anyways

I was so so so o high on Ingram last year, got him like in the 10th round. Super pleased  with him.
This year not so much into him. His stats with Jure of the court are basicaly identical. I'm not targeting him in any round

Edited by Stefan
29 minutes ago, Stefan said:

I was so so so o high on Ingram last year, got him like in the 10th round. Super pleased  with him.
This year not so much into him. His stats with Jure of the court are basicaly identical. I'm not targeting him in any round

10th round? Damn you ended up getting craaaaazy value. I think he does worse this season with jrue and Zion but not completely horrible. 

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

10th round? Damn you ended up getting craaaaazy value. I think he does worse this season with jrue and Zion but not completely horrible. 

He'll end up being overdrafted (high 50s), and I'll end up without him in my teams :) 

3rd to 4th round in 8cat, for me.

I know he put up top 15 value early in the season when Zion was out. With Zion, I think his stats were top 50ish. 

He finished with early 3rd round value overall in 8cat (2nd round if we take out those horrible bubble games).

Now with Jrue gone and Bledsoe in, I think that frees up some shots for him (&Zion).

Not to mention, he's only 23 and should be able to continue to progress and improve. For me, he still has a lot of upside. 

Edited by granthill338
  • Like 2
6 hours ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Not surprise, I got him at 9th round. This year he should be 4th round player.

BI's per-36 stats without Jrue (685 minutes): 26.0 points, 6.9 boards, 5.7 dimes, 0.9 steals, 0.7 blocks (28.1 USG%, 58.8 TS%)

Brandon Ingram's per-36 stats with Jrue Holiday (1,419 minutes): 24.9 points, 6.3 boards, 3.8 dimes, 1.1 steals, 0.7 blocks (26.9 USG%, 58.7 TS%)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

BI's per-36 stats without Jrue (685 minutes): 26.0 points, 6.9 boards, 5.7 dimes, 0.9 steals, 0.7 blocks (28.1 USG%, 58.8 TS%)

Brandon Ingram's per-36 stats with Jrue Holiday (1,419 minutes): 24.9 points, 6.3 boards, 3.8 dimes, 1.1 steals, 0.7 blocks (26.9 USG%, 58.7 TS%)

Music to my ears

in the 21 games alongside Zion Williamson, he dropped to eighth-round status, so it could be tough for him to recapture the stats from his pre-Zion run last season. Still, he should be a safe bet for top-50 value. Oh how i missed these wonderful roto blurbs 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

His outlook boils down to how he will play alongside Zion. Yes, his numbers dipped when Zion got into the lineup. But if Ingram becomes their outside bomber, it can work out. They will need an extra 3p shooter with Jrue gone.

Ingram initiates plays quite often face up from the elbow, so we will have to see. But his trajectory suggests we have not seen his ceiling yet.

• Like 3

Feel like this guy is gonna feast. Pelicans’ offense will begin and end with him as their primary option (not sold on Zion). I expect his AST and stocks to improve while retaining his elite efficiency and PTS. The big thing about him is that he’s lethal both on and off ball so he has brilliant portability regardless of his team’s roster 

Expecting a poor man’s KD and targeting late 3rd 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, PUNTSQUAD said:

Feel like this guy is gonna feast. Pelicans’ offense will begin and end with him as their primary option (not sold on Zion). I expect his AST and stocks to improve while retaining his elite efficiency and PTS. The big thing about him is that he’s lethal both on and off ball so he has brilliant portability regardless of his team’s roster 

Expecting a poor man’s KD and targeting late 3rd 

None of this is scientific but he was top 12 yes 12 without Zion, top 60 or 70 with Zion....

Zion is not the epitome of health.

Also Jrue is gone also, check the stats a few posts up how he did with Jrue off the court...

I'm buying anytime in round 3 depending what/who is left or what I have already drafted but he fits anywhere.

If I nab him in the late 3rd I shall...spacer.png

• Like 1
2 hours ago, turner46 said:

None of this is scientific but he was top 12 yes 12 without Zion, top 60 or 70 with Zion....

Zion is not the epitome of health.

Also Jrue is gone also, check the stats a few posts up how he did with Jrue off the court...

I'm buying anytime in round 3 depending what/who is left or what I have already drafted but he fits anywhere.

If I nab him in the late 3rd I shall...spacer.png

No doubt. I wouldn’t put too much stock in his numbers with Zion last season; Zion kinda came in out of nowhere and there was this apparent impetus to force feed him. If Pels are actually serious about winning this season then I assume they’ll have a coherent offense that both caters to Zion and allows BI to get his. BI is too good off ball to not be potent even with Zion in the mix now that the two are in their 2nd season together 

• Like 2

i really wanted ingram this year, but he was drafted 33rd overall and i missed out

tbh i don’t even think that’s a reach.. i ended up with lavine a couple picks later but probably woulda went ingram had he not been swooped up so early 

I think he'll be very good this year (top 25). It's not like Ingram is a 32-year old vet who will need to take the back seat for Zion. Pels have incentive to make it work for both of their young stars in order to succeed.

Edited by rush007
11 minutes ago, gladiator888 said:

The big question is his FT% and 3 pts legit or it's just one off season. His FT% and 3 pts isn't great when he was part of the Lakers. 

it’s legit, it’s called improvement and growth at the age of 23

• Like 3
4 hours ago, gladiator888 said:

The big question is his FT% and 3 pts legit or it's just one off season. His FT% and 3 pts isn't great when he was part of the Lakers. 

look at the games towards the end of his Lakers stint.

Compare his form and shot mechanics from his Lakers season to his Pels.

He's a natural shooter the issue was timing when adjusting to the NBA.

• Like 2
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Brandon Ingram 2020-2021 Outlook