NBC Sports Edge Forums

Brandon Ingram 2020-2021 Outlook

Yeah I don't see why people are saying he's gonna fall off with Zion. The NBA is full of deadly duos who both score 20+ppg and get big counting stats, and it shouldn't be any different for the 2 best players in NOLA. I have him as a comfortable top 35 player

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think the impact of Jrue leaving has been undersold. This offense runs through BI and Zion, he touches the ball pretty much every single possession. Wouldn't be surprised if he is a consensus 2nd ro

in the 21 games alongside Zion Williamson, he dropped to eighth-round status, so it could be tough for him to recapture the stats from his pre-Zion run last season. Still, he should be a safe bet for

It is worth mentioning that he dipped down into the 70's once Williamson made his debut in late January. But I like his outlook anyways

5 hours ago, BykeINIT said:

i overpaid for him in my auction draft and dont regret it 

$40 if you’re wondering 

he put up borderline first round value last year so don’t laugh too soon 

Too rich for my blood, he went for 19$ in my league. A lot of my draft-mates spent big money on the stars which could explain Ingram's low price.

3 hours ago, TrigPyramid said:

Too rich for my blood, he went for 19$ in my league. A lot of my draft-mates spent big money on the stars which could explain Ingram's low price.

$19 was the average price 

but my three targets this year were AD, Westbrook, and Ingram

was willing to get all 3 at any price 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, rage2021 said:

He's poised to break out this year and I think return early second round value maybe more. Congrats to those who picked him

His 2020 most improved award and all-star selections suggest he may have already broken out. But I'd be pretty thrilled if he does it again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, qpeeters said:

His 2020 most improved award and all-star selections suggest he may have already broken out. But I'd be pretty thrilled if he does it again.

IMO, Ingram is on Paul George's 5-step plan. In each of their first 4 years they went up a notch. Unfortunately in year 5 PG snapped his leg in two and he didn't take step 5 until his age 28 season in OKC. I think Ingram has one more step up year, before he plateaus into what he is.

if you watched the game you can easily see the game is slowing down for him. he's reading the doubles since hes a shooter and in general finding the open man alot easier.

i think he's going to avg 6-7 assist this year without Jrue and flirt with first round value this year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, rage2021 said:

if you watched the game you can easily see the game is slowing down for him. he's reading the doubles since hes a shooter and in general finding the open man alot easier.

i think he's going to avg 6-7 assist this year without Jrue and flirt with first round value this year.

he was already first round value for long stretches last season. he averaged 24-6-4 with 2.4 3's, 1 steal and elite ft% (massive jump on ft% from previous seasons of over 20% increase). and that was season average...his stats saw a fairly decent dip across the board when Zion returned initially and he started to come on again toward the end of the season when he got more used to playing with Zion. 

• tonycpsu changed the title to Brandon Ingram 2020-2021 Outlook
On 12/25/2020 at 2:58 PM, stay_woke said:

I think the impact of Jrue leaving has been undersold. This offense runs through BI and Zion, he touches the ball pretty much every single possession. Wouldn't be surprised if he is a consensus 2nd round pick next year

maybe first round 

On 12/25/2020 at 5:58 PM, stay_woke said:

I think the impact of Jrue leaving has been undersold. This offense runs through BI and Zion, he touches the ball pretty much every single possession. Wouldn't be surprised if he is a consensus 2nd round pick next year

yeah i been watching the games and pretty much this. everything is running through him now. even ahead of Zion. hes trending towards first round value since counting stats are up across the board and once FG stabilizes a bit.

He's been a treat to have. So glad Zion hasn't bumped down his value too much because the offense is pretty much running through him right now. I watched the JJ Redick podcast the other day where he talked about how he modeled his game after KD. KD himself even said it's like looking into the mirror when he sees him. As long as he keeps firing away from 3 and the stocks go up while his %s remain fairly elite. I don't see nothing that stands in the way of him sustaining early round value.

Just now, hlin8821 said:

He's been a treat to have. So glad Zion hasn't bumped down his value too much because the offense is pretty much running through him right now. I watched the JJ Redick podcast the other day where he talked about how he modeled his game after KD. KD himself even said it's like looking into the mirror when he sees him. As long as he keeps firing away from 3 and the stocks go up while his %s remain fairly elite. I don't see nothing that stands in the way of him sustaining early round value.

Jrue trade helped out as well, his usage was higher than Bledsoe.

An underrated part of New Orleans new offense that hasn't been talked about at all is the addition of Steven Adams.  His screens are proper screens.  Paul George had a career year running around Adams and jumpshooting his way to MVP talks.  So far Ingram looks to be benefiting the same way George did as running off of an Adams pick is basically like turning the corner around a brick wall.

• Like 2