NBC Sports Edge Forums

Russell Westbrook 2020-2021 Outlook

44 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

When you draft him you know what he's about. Just be grateful he's healthy and actually playing 

No, he is ranked 91st in 8cat rank. He was 17th last year. His numbers have dropped massively. He was always good for steals and now he cannot get even 1 per game. This wasn't something thay anyone could expect. He is terrible and untradable.

I could be happy if he could at least win me steals and points. Now he is just good for assists.

Edited by RipCity0
  • Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry but some of this is unintelligible. Proofreading your posts might help you make your point a little more convincing. Try reading it out loud. Edit: extra ironic that you would call anyone e

This guy is so ridiculously bad at shooting the ball, he just airballed a free throw. He has no back to the basket game and yet he tries to do that in every possession. I think the decrease in athleti

I play in points leagues so I don't care about his %'s. It's sad that guys making $30 + million a year can't play 2 games in a row. It's not just him. The league is a joke with a cardboard cutout as c

3 hours ago, RipCity0 said:

No, he is ranked 91st in 8cat rank. He was 17th last year. His numbers have dropped massively. He was always good for steals and now he cannot get even 1 per game. This wasn't something thay anyone could expect. He is terrible and untradable.

I could be happy if he could at least win me steals and points. Now he is just good for assists.

He's been hurt and missed games due to rest. His ranking is slowly climbing and as long as he's healthy I'll take it. If you aren't punting free throws and turnovers with Russ I don't know what to tell you bruh 

1 hour ago, DonutGiveUp said:

He's been hurt and missed games due to rest. His ranking is slowly climbing and as long as he's healthy I'll take it. If you aren't punting free throws and turnovers with Russ I don't know what to tell you bruh 

I don't punt them because my team can take it. In fact i am best team in turnovers. My issue is his fg, points and steals. They are too low. Career low.

11 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

I don't punt them because my team can take it. In fact i am best team in turnovers. My issue is his fg, points and steals. They are too low. Career low.

Here's my thoughts on the 3 cats you mentioned:

Fg%: this is definitely my biggest point of contention with him right now. He's never been super efficient but he was at 47% last year so I was hoping for at least something around mid-40s. The fact that he usually shoots under 40 is frustrating. But I also think that if he plays like last night - i.e. focuses on driving to rim and taking high-percentage shots instead of settling for contested jumpers, that number will go up a bit 

Points: kind of tied with fg - if he shoots better, he'll score more. Idk if we can expect 27 ppg like last year but if he plays within himself 22-25 ppg is possible 

Steals: this might be due to his weakening athleticism. He gambled a lot on d and sometimes played legitimately good defense because he was so fast and explosive. He could interrupt passing lanes really well. Doesn't seem to be doing that much anymore. I hope he can at least get this up to 1 spg

The field goal percentage and b2b issues seem to be much better. We just need this alarming free throw situation to rectify itself....then we talking top 30, even with the lack of 3s and defensive stats 

20 minutes ago, justaguy said:

The field goal percentage and b2b issues seem to be much better. We just need this alarming free throw situation to rectify itself....then we talking top 30, even with the lack of 3s and defensive stats 

I don't see the ft bring better than 70ish tbh, it's really fallen off for him. But the positive trend in fg is nice to see - just needs some defensive stats now

1 minute ago, DonutGiveUp said:

What a difference maker when healthy. Hopefully he can keep this up and Wiz stay competitive 

Yeah poor efficiency aside, he was absolutely locked in last night and was amazing on defense down the stretch. Wiz actually look really good now that they're healthy and russ is starting to gel with Beal. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Yeah poor efficiency aside, he was absolutely locked in last night and was amazing on defense down the stretch. Wiz actually look really good now that they're healthy and russ is starting to gel with Beal. 

Ya man hes been solid on defense now that he can move. Counting stats still great and stocks coming along!

I remember last year post-ASG (I know, small sample size) he shot 50% FG on 20 attempts a game.

If he can just get the FG% up to like...45 or 46...that'd be tits and I can live with the FT (I'm punting anyways) and TO

I dont know how you can have a 20% swing in free throw shooting over the course of one season , but this guy has done it. He has somehow gotten worse than where he was two years ago, shooting 63%. He consistently is below 50% on high volume. I read somewhere that it might have to do with the increased muscle hes put on his upper body in recent years. That is more plausible than the speculations that it has to do with the small adjustment to his routine. And if that is true, there is no hope he turns his free throw shooting around (unlike his field goal percentage and load management). 

40 minutes ago, justaguy said:

I dont know how you can have a 20% swing in free throw shooting over the course of one season , but this guy has done it. He has somehow gotten worse than where he was two years ago, shooting 63%. He consistently is below 50% on high volume. I read somewhere that it might have to do with the increased muscle hes put on his upper body in recent years. That is more plausible than the speculations that it has to do with the small adjustment to his routine. And if that is true, there is no hope he turns his free throw shooting around (unlike his field goal percentage and load management). 

Wizards announcers roughed on the topic. Seems like it's a mental issue because his form is good 

4 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Wizards announcers roughed on the topic. Seems like it's a mental issue because his form is good 

Well form is not enough. If it's mental I doubt it goes away anytime soon.

Pff this guy has become as hard punt as Drummond for free throws. Actually even worse this season. Not even my Booker, Tatum etc are good enough to help me being competitive there. And being in a roto league those turnovers paired with the free throw make him a killer. I guess i ll give it a try to trade him to the one team that punts free throws.

On the bright side steals look totally back.

Edited by RipCity0
6 hours ago, RipCity0 said:

Well form is not enough. If it's mental I doubt it goes away anytime soon.

Pff this guy has become as hard punt as Drummond for free throws. Actually even worse this season. Not even my Booker, Tatum etc are good enough to help me being competitive there. And being in a roto league those turnovers paired with the free throw make him a killer. I guess i ll give it a try to trade him to the one team that punts free throws.

On the bright side steals look totally back.

Ya if you draft him you're punting free throws and turnovers you have no choice