NBC Sports Edge Forums

Russell Westbrook 2020-2021 Outlook

i gota say after 8 consecutive years of 80+% from the line, this epic free throw fall off is one hell of a case study 

we thought it was bad when he randomly fell to 73% that one year .. but at 58% it’s just mind boggling and difficult to rationalize. 

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry but some of this is unintelligible. Proofreading your posts might help you make your point a little more convincing. Try reading it out loud. Edit: extra ironic that you would call anyone e

This guy is so ridiculously bad at shooting the ball, he just airballed a free throw. He has no back to the basket game and yet he tries to do that in every possession. I think the decrease in athleti

I play in points leagues so I don't care about his %'s. It's sad that guys making $30 + million a year can't play 2 games in a row. It's not just him. The league is a joke with a cardboard cutout as c

19 minutes ago, BykeINIT said:

i gota say after 8 consecutive years of 80+% from the line, this epic free throw fall off is one hell of a case study 

we thought it was bad when he randomly fell to 73% that one year .. but at 58% it’s just mind boggling and difficult to rationalize. 

Yeah it's one of the craziest things I've seen.

I think it's the recent free throw rule they implemented where players aren't allowed to take too much time between shots. Westbrook used to walk to the 3 pt line and back to the ft line before taking his shot - that was his ritual. He can't do that anymore.

30 minutes ago, BykeINIT said:

He even took off the shooting sleeve and still couldn't make them lol. I think they robbed him of a rebound at the end he should get credit for another triple double

2 hours ago, fabrar said:

I think it's the recent free throw rule they implemented where players aren't allowed to take too much time between shots. Westbrook used to walk to the 3 pt line and back to the ft line before taking his shot - that was his ritual. He can't do that anymore.

Seems like this rule is arbitrarily enforced, which is frustrating. Giannis, for instance, takes forever at the free throw line before shots. Way longer than the allotted time which I believe is only supposed to be ~5 seconds. This is one of the rules that drives me crazy for its unequal enforcement.

And while I’m on a tangent, let me complain as well about lane violations on free throws which get randomly enforced. Lebron commits a lane violation literally every single time someone else is at the line and I have never seen him called for it.

Edited by QingJames
4 hours ago, fabrar said:

the time didn’t change just the ability to leave the circle did

but he still shot 73% the year it was implemented ..... its a mental thing 

2 hours ago, QingJames said:

Seems like this rule is arbitrarily enforced, which is frustrating. Giannis, for instance, takes forever at the free throw line before shots. Way longer than the allotted time which I believe is only supposed to be ~5 seconds. This is one of the rules that drives me crazy for its unequal enforcement.

And while I’m on a tangent, let me complain as well about lane violations on free throws which get randomly enforced. Lebron commits a lane violation literally every single time someone else is at the line and I have never seen him called for it.

it’s 10 seconds and hasn’t changed in decades 

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Over the last 30 days GOATbrook is averaging about 23/10/11 on 46% FG.

The TOs and FT% are still cheeks but if you're punting one or both (especially FT) looks like he's rounding into form

EDIT: Steals are at around 2 a game as well

Edited by alexstr
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, alexstr said:

Over the last 30 days GOATbrook is averaging about 23/10/11 on 46% FG.

The TOs and FT% are still cheeks but if you're punting one or both (especially FT) looks like he's rounding into form

EDIT: Steals are at around 2 a game as well

Yup with the right punts in place, he's been fantastic. 

1 hour ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Roto goofs clueless again. Listed him out early morning when not a single writer said anything and of course..... Goatbrook is playing tonight

He's been pretty awesome lately. I punt ft and TOs so he's an absolute beast for me 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, fabrar said:

He's been pretty awesome lately. I punt ft and TOs so he's an absolute beast for me 

Punt FT%/TO does wonders for certain player’s values.  If you’ve paired him with Giannis, Doncic or Bron and fleshed out the rest of your team with complimentary pieces you should do well.  

There were a lot of people sh*tting on this guy earlier when he was hurt but he keeps proving season after season that he has value despite the deficiencies, and is a fantasy stud with the right build.  

He is on a mission tonight too. 

2 hours ago, 80version said:

Punt FT%/TO does wonders for certain player’s values.  If you’ve paired him with Giannis, Doncic or Bron and fleshed out the rest of your team with complimentary pieces you should do well.  

There were a lot of people sh*tting on this guy earlier when he was hurt but he keeps proving season after season that he has value despite the deficiencies, and is a fantasy stud with the right build.  

He is on a mission tonight too. 

+1

Especially in roto/H2H, he's only draftable for appropriate punt builds.  If you drafted correctly, he's been great lately.  If you drafted him on a no-punt team, it's really your fault.

Edited by alexstr