NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Russell Westbrook 2020-2021 Outlook

fabrar

43 minutes ago, jay_00 said:

If I was Beal i'd be begging for a trade instead of playing with that ball dominant, over rated bum. Literally every star player that plays with Russ wants to leave by free agency or wants a trade after 1 or 2 seasons. 

And yet he had OKC in the playoffs every season and turned that bum Paul George into a mvp finalist. The Russ hate is wack 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

And yet he had OKC in the playoffs every season and turned that bum Paul George into a mvp finalist. The Russ hate is wack 

Russ is a perennial loser, and he just reunited with a coach who is really a perennial loser. A coach who had Westbrook, Harden, Durant, Ibaka and Adams.

Edited by RedDogNamedClippers
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Russ is a perennial loser, and he just reunited with a coach who is really a perennial loser. A coach who had Westbrook, Harden, Durant, Ibaka and Adams.

corect. Well said..........

1 minute ago, fabrar said:

Who cares how he is IRL lol, this is fantasy. And for fantasy, his value went way up. Probably a late first rounder now. %s still gonna suck but but the counting stats are gonna be tasty af

Late first rounder?

what are you punting? 3 cats? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, fabrar said:

Who cares how he is IRL lol, this is fantasy. And for fantasy, his value went way up. Probably a late first rounder now. %s still gonna suck but but the counting stats are gonna be tasty af

oooof.. I think late first round is pushing it for me lol. He's 32 and I don't think he has enough gas in his tank to put up the triple doubles like he did in OKC.

2 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

And yet no one wants to play with him. KD, Harden (twice), PG, none of em wanna stick around. A great player for getting fans in the seats, providing the popcorn stats, if you want your team to lose in the playoffs in 1st or 2nd round, and setting all time records for turnovers in a playoff series, Russ is your guy.

Edited by jay_00

It's interesting, Harden wants to go to a team with Durant and Irving. Not stay with Westbrook.

Maybe no one wants to play with him. Seems like the star Westy is matched with changes every year. PG, Oladipo, Harden, and now Beal. Is he in Washington for 1 year then?

1 hour ago, rob0403 said:

It's interesting, Harden wants to go to a team with Durant and Irving. Not stay with Westbrook.

Maybe no one wants to play with him. Seems like the star Westy is matched with changes every year. PG, Oladipo, Harden, and now Beal. Is he in Washington for 1 year then?

You said it yourself, no one wants to play with him. You can’t win in the playoffs with him, it’s almost impossible. He’s a ball stopper who plays hero ball and chases stats. I do think he wants to win but he’s still concerned with his numbers. He never developed his game. It’s disappointing to see where he’s at now vs where he could’ve been but he made his own bed. Once his athleticism starts fading it’s game over. He hasn’t lost it yet but give it a year or two. Beal will be gone in less than a year, book it. He’s just not a guy you wanna play with, especially in the playoffs and everyone knows that.

12 minutes ago, PauGaSpurs said:

Didn't he average 47% FG last year? Or does everybody think he won't do that again?

Westbrook finished 43rd last season and while yes he shot 47% he is red in Turnovers, 3’s and FT%.

I don’t see how finishing 43rd justifies a late first round pick.and towards the end of the end of the season he was 6th round.

• Like 1

I am staring at Westbrook hard at pick 19, particularly given the likelihood that I will be drafting Giannis at 6 (i have an idea what the first 5 guys in my league will do). 

It comes down to whether he sits out those b2b this year or not. Anyone have a source as to whether he will be load managed this year too?

• tonycpsu changed the title to Russell Westbrook 2020-2021 Outlook