NBC Sports Edge Forums

Russell Westbrook 2020-2021 Outlook

2 hours ago, azeri98 said:

This team needs to win games and they are resting $30 million players. This league is a joke.

Imagine thinking 40 fg% & 60 FT% volume stats add to your chances of winning. Couldn't be me.

Edited by bbythepier
  • Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry but some of this is unintelligible. Proofreading your posts might help you make your point a little more convincing. Try reading it out loud. Edit: extra ironic that you would call anyone e

This guy is so ridiculously bad at shooting the ball, he just airballed a free throw. He has no back to the basket game and yet he tries to do that in every possession. I think the decrease in athleti

I play in points leagues so I don't care about his %'s. It's sad that guys making $30 + million a year can't play 2 games in a row. It's not just him. The league is a joke with a cardboard cutout as c

2 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

*Westbrook rests all B2Bs in the 2019-2020 season*

*First B2B of 2020-2021 and Westbrook is rested*

Fantasy Mangers: I can't believe this, this was totally unexpected

Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.jp

1 minute ago, Bugs bunny said:

Anyone picking up Neto to pair with Westbrook?  
- don’t own Westy, just curious. 

I paired Ish Smith & Neto in a deep league to get his stats when Westbrook sits but pairing him with Neto if you have a deep bench is worth it IMO.

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, bbythepier said:

Imagine thinking 40 fg% & 60 FT% volume stats add to your chances of winning. Couldn't be me.

westbrook is 44% from the field and 80% from the line on his career 

u must be on a sick one foo 

Edited by BykeINIT
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, stay_woke said:

*Westbrook rests all B2Bs in the 2019-2020 season*

*First B2B of 2020-2021 and Westbrook is rested*

Fantasy Mangers: I can't believe this, this was totally unexpected

Well, there were reports that he may not be resting on the b2b's 2 days ago.  Plus, the wizards have a much more tenuous possibility of a playoff berth than last year's Rockets.  No one is shocked, but there was definitely a sliver of hope due to recent reports.  I don't see the Wizards keeping up the trend all season if they actually plan on making it.    

• Like 1
11 hours ago, bbythepier said:

I play in points leagues so I don't care about his %'s. It's sad that guys making $30 + million a year can't play 2 games in a row. It's not just him. The league is a joke with a cardboard cutout as commissioner. The team needs to win games, saving him for the end of the year is pointless if you don't make the playoffs

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I like Westbrook if punting TO's.  Sitting B2B's is becoming commonplace among the top tier of players, so less of a knock unless you're weighing him against the younger studs in the top-30 that have a shot at playing 65 games or more this year.  Should the NBA wisen up and reduce B2B's towards the tail end of the schedule so they can showcase more star players when PO seeding is at stake (ie; during fantasy playoffs), the whole load mgmt. angle could be a non-factor. 

For teams punting TO's (which you should if you roster Brodie), he's still posted top-20 value for his past three "down" years.  He does require you to cover for the negative FT% impact or risk inadvertently backing yourself into a triple punt.  The FG impact is also prone to a huge swing, so building a team with him is a roll of the dice for sure.  Great guy to have if you're all about the popcorn and have very strong FT team around him.  

I kinda regret taking him in the 2nd round but so far he hasn't impacted my efficiency cats too much - but that's mostly because the Wiz haven't played a lot of games + him missing 2 games already lol.

Ah well, at least he brings the counting stats, and if he can get his steal numbers back up, I'll be somewhat ok with the pick. I'm punting TOs and ft% anyway

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, 80version said:

Dislocated finger shouldn't keep him out long.  Might miss the B2B this weekend, so Beal owners have something else to get happy about in the short term.  

he dislocated it last year I believe to.  Thank God. 

Remember Joel Embiid's dislocated finger?  nasty AF but he returned in the same game.

I know for the most part the team is pushing him to sit out B2B, but still.. when did he get so damn soft, him nor the team better be making any excuse to sit out more due to a dislocated finger.  Kobe popped his right back into place and played w. it through the rest of the year 

I remember last season, around late November he had a very rough stretch and folks were trying to trade him because he dookied all over your ratios.  A month later he was rolling and having a strong resurgence.  I don't think the situation in WAS is as conducive for him to ball out, since HOU went micro and spread defenses out to open up the lane for him (and that Beardy fellow), so I'm not going to expect similar results.  The point is, he could be getting acclimated with the new team (again).  Or he could be the super-inefficient 2018-19 Brodie and taking folks on a triple-punt ride.  We shall see.  

2 hours ago, thusanaysayer said:

It can only get better from here... right?

I hope so because despite the trip dubs he's been absolutely trash lol. At this point, I breathe a sigh of relief when I see that he's not playing on a specific night. He was 47% from the field last year - I didn't think it would regress THIS much in a few months. Low 40s I can handle, but goddamn, he's in the 30s now and under 70% from the line.