NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Russell Westbrook 2020-2021 Outlook

fabrar

Umm, what?  I guess some of the posters here are only looking at what he's done this season?? 

Westbrook just posted top-20 #'s for teams punting TO's last season, and I'm assuming anyone that rosters him in 9-cat would be doing just that.  Saying he "forces" a triple punt is not accurate.  He's a liability in FT% but he isn't going to trigger a punt like Drummond or Giannis.  The high volume of FGA at 47% was actually superior to other guards taken in the early rounds last season; Beal, Lillard, Butler, LaVine, FVV and Lowry were all a bigger drag on FG%, some much more so. 

The only major concern with him right now is health and how long it will take him to get comfortable in WAS -- a team that doesn't possess a lot of talent beyond him and Beal, especially with Bryant out.  As long as he's playing he will deliver the popcorn at an elite level.  In a week where he plays Mon/Wed/Fri/Sun he can accumulate 100 pts, 40 boards, 40 assists, 6 steals and a few treys.  When he's doing that and making 75% of his FTA and 46% FGA that is pretty remarkable for an early 3rd round pick, where a lot of people drafted him.  

^yup

the only concern now is how many games he’ll play 

and between his opting to sit back-to-backs and his team being awful, i don’t see much inventive for him to continue playing full time. the slightest injury will keep him out, which is where the real regrets at. 

2 hours ago, BykeINIT said:

^yup

the only concern now is how many games he’ll play 

and between his opting to sit back-to-backs and his team being awful, i don’t see much inventive for him to continue playing full time. the slightest injury will keep him out, which is where the real regrets at. 

Russ has always been very competitive and loves to stuff the stat sheet. He may sit out back to backs, but the wizards have literally nothing at PG behind Russ. I think this is a pretty good buy low time 

43 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Doesn't play b2b and been resting for like 2 weeks and yet he is "iffy" to play upcoming games. When did Russ get so soft?! you can give NBA players a year off and they will still find ways to disappoint

Soft, or just not wanting to play.....Answer: When he was traded to a team that has a very slim chance at the playoffs this early in the season....especially after Bryant went down. 

I have him in a dynasty league, so I feel your pain. Bradley Beal knows his team sucks, but continues to give 110% Maybe that attitude will rub off on Russ....hopefully

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, injury said:

Soft, or just not wanting to play.....Answer: When he was traded to a team that has a very slim chance at the playoffs this early in the season....especially after Bryant went down. 

I have him in a dynasty league, so I feel your pain. Bradley Beal knows his team sucks, but continues to give 110% Maybe that attitude will rub off on Russ....hopefully

I hope so brother. Russ was sick last season and this extended rest should have him roaring to go 

43 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

I hope so brother. Russ was sick last season and this extended rest should have him roaring to go 

Yeah, I have never owned BB, but I love his game and energy. I would think anyone would want to play on a team with him....He is a straight up baller..

Still believe he can turn things around.
Let's remember that he was bad in Rockets for the first games as well...
First 10 games: 17.8 PTS + 6.4 REB + 5.2 AST , 42.1% FG, 52% FT
Total: 27.2 PTS + 7.9 REB + 7.0 AST , 47.2 FG%, 76.3% FT

• Like 1

i think he might be done being a superstar caliber player 

he relied so heavily on athleticism and is 32 years old 

this is kinda what i thought would happen to lebron in his 30s, but it’s hitting westbrook much harder 

4 hours ago, ogf said:

the worst mvp in history

So why aren't you in the NBA? Man averaged a triple double multiple seasons, went to a finals and had it not been for that dirtbag Beverley;ey he would still be one of the top players in the league. Man made Paul George an MVP caliber player the hate is ridiculous 

32 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

So why aren't you in the NBA? Man averaged a triple double multiple seasons, went to a finals and had it not been for that dirtbag Beverley;ey he would still be one of the top players in the league. Man made Paul George an MVP caliber player the hate is ridiculous 

what does this have to do with my message? Russel is an excellent player but he remains the weakest MVP in the history of the nba. No questioning, tunnel vision, sterotype play, weak leadership. Come on guy.