NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Russell Westbrook 2020-2021 Outlook

fabrar

5 minutes ago, ogf said:

what does this have to do with my message? Russel is an excellent player but he remains the weakest MVP in the history of the nba. No questioning, tunnel vision, sterotype play, weak leadership. Come on guy. 

He is far from the worst MVP you don't win that award if you suck. I love internet trolls who flip burgers for a living and sh** on Russ every chance they get. You act like every MVP was a great leader lol jog on fella

• Haha 2

He won his mvp on a misunderstanding.

The game and the league inspire a high stats nba because that's what idiot fans like you are looking for. (there has never been so much TD than in the last five years, you who love to talk about it so much)

When he got carried by lillard after talking where were you? when it's done eaten by rookie Donovan Mitchell? When did he not involve Sabonis and Oladipo? When he still showed a low level with the Houston Rockets or this year with the Wizards with his catastrophic level of play and his defense even weaker than Harden 2015-2016?

his name does task and then what a disgraceful season on his part.

Ranked 22 ... he plays like a FA players🤦‍♂️

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, ogf said:

The game and the league inspire a high stats nba because that's what idiot fans like you are looking for. (there has never been so much TD than in the last five years, you who love to talk about it so much)

When he got carried by lillard after talking where were you? when it's done eaten by rookie Donovan Mitchell? When did he not involve Sabonis and Oladipo? When he still showed a low level with the Houston Rockets or this year with the Wizards with his catastrophic level of play and his defense even weaker than Harden 2015-2016?

You are clearly a child so we are done here. Misunderstanding LOL gtfo

54 minutes ago, ogf said:

what does this have to do with my message? Russel is an excellent player but he remains the weakest MVP in the history of the nba. No questioning, tunnel vision, sterotype play, weak leadership. Come on guy. 

I’ve thought WB is one of the more overrated players for a while but you’re clearly clueless. Nash won MVP not averaging 20 PPG and Rose had an underwhelming season by MVP standards.

Not to say they didn’t deserve MVPs (although I’d say one of Nash’s should’ve been Kobe and Rose should’ve been Lebron) but WB isn’t even close to the worst. His team was bad that year and he took them to the playoffs in the west while averaging a triple double.

The main problem with WB is his game isn’t good enough to win a ring as a first option but he also doesn’t function well as a second option. 

• Thanks 2

The problem is Westbrook gets paid like a first option player. Once his contract is up, you give him the Whiteside treatment and I bet that will humble him tremendously. Just like Whiteside he doesn’t play winning basketball. Shooting 37% on the season? Laughable. 3 teams in 3 years (Thunder, Rockets, Wizards). 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ogf said:

Sorry but some of this is unintelligible. Proofreading your posts might help you make your point a little more convincing. Try reading it out loud.

Edit: extra ironic that you would call anyone else an idiot among all that mess.

Edited by OaksterDan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ogf said:

What on earth is this nonsensical world salad

• Haha 1

It's just funny how every player that leaves WB becomes better that;'s all... Everyone says WB never has help. Oladipo was an all star the season after he left, Sabonis doubled his stats (tbf he was a rookie), Schroder had his stats take a huge hit with WB before recovering after WB left, etc. Dudes game isn't designed to make people better and the assists just fool everyone. It makes everyone around him worse which makes people say "WB has no help." PG the only one that really actually had better stats with WB. 

• Like 1

I'm gonna use Westbrook like alcohol in Fallout.  I'll play him if I need a quick boost in AST/REB knowing that he'll hurt me in FG/TO, otherwise may just keep him stashed on the bench (as no one wants to trade for him right now).

2 minutes ago, alexstr said:

I'm gonna use Westbrook like alcohol in Fallout.  I'll play him if I need a quick boost in AST/REB knowing that he'll hurt me in FG/TO, otherwise may just keep him stashed on the bench (as no one wants to trade for him right now).

Lol this is exactly what I'm doing. If I need some scoring, pts and boards, I'll play him. Otherwise I sit him because the boost in my fg, ft and TO is much more valuable than what I'm getting with the counting stats. 

Hopefully, he will improve those efficiency numbers though

27 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Lol this is exactly what I'm doing. If I need some scoring, pts and boards, I'll play him. Otherwise I sit him because the boost in my fg, ft and TO is much more valuable than what I'm getting with the counting stats. 

Hopefully, he will improve those efficiency numbers though

He was somewhat cheeks last year but shot >50% post-January, hoping for a similar thing this year...

I don't care about turnovers at this point because i'm ok there, but the complete lack of steals combined with the terrible %s makes this guy a big problem. And not even 20 points? All those years i never drafted Russ and now i end up with his worst version. Bad player

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RipCity0 said:

I don't care about turnovers at this point because i'm ok there, but the complete lack of steals combined with the terrible %s makes this guy a big problem. And not even 20 points? All those years i never drafted Russ and now i end up with his worst version. Bad player

Wizards only objective is to make sure Beal gets his 30 points no matter how many shots it takes. Russ is a former mvp and gets sh**on yet Beal who doesn't make any one else better gets a free pass 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RedMamba said:

Giving him 2-3 weeks. If he continues like this I'll be ready to trade him for any top-120 guard

Easier said than done. The loss of rebs and asts will be huge any guard you manage to get back. Probably even points you will lose. I think we just have to hold on.

On 1/25/2021 at 11:39 AM, DonutGiveUp said:

He is far from the worst MVP you don't win that award if you suck. I love internet trolls who flip burgers for a living and sh** on Russ every chance they get. You act like every MVP was a great leader lol jog on fella

Get em!

I really thought Russell wanted to go to a bad team to be the OKC Russell but I suppose he just cant be that anymore but every season his mid range shot and his 3 point shot gets worse and worse and obviously while hes still athletic and explosive, hes clearly lost a step. From seeing him last night, drives where he would finish the play ends up either being called a foul or a no call aka he misses the drive. We have seen it with LeBron too, he can still finish when he drives, but nowhere near like he used to but the difference between LeBron and Russell Westbook is that LeBron has learned how to shoot a jumper and is having a career year shooting the 3 point ball. Westbrook at this point we know what he is, ball hog stat stuffer who cant shoot for crap that can still drive and use his athleticism. Hes never leading a team to a championship and he knows that.

• Thanks 1