NBC Sports Edge Forums

Russell Westbrook 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry but some of this is unintelligible. Proofreading your posts might help you make your point a little more convincing. Try reading it out loud. Edit: extra ironic that you would call anyone e

This guy is so ridiculously bad at shooting the ball, he just airballed a free throw. He has no back to the basket game and yet he tries to do that in every possession. I think the decrease in athleti

I play in points leagues so I don't care about his %'s. It's sad that guys making $30 + million a year can't play 2 games in a row. It's not just him. The league is a joke with a cardboard cutout as c

This guy is so ridiculously bad at shooting the ball, he just airballed a free throw. He has no back to the basket game and yet he tries to do that in every possession. I think the decrease in athleticism after the injuries he had has exposed his lack of the basics. 

I will not drop, but I also know nobody will give a top100 player for him so he ll rot in my 9 cat Roto bench. Never again drafting this washed guy.

• Like 3

You're basically punting 3 categories to gain 3 categories, but unlike his OKC days those 3 categories aren't as strong anymore. All three categories are down (points, boards, assists) along with his steals (1.7 steals average for his career down to 0.8 steals this season).

• Like 2
2 hours ago, RipCity0 said:

This guy is so ridiculously bad at shooting the ball, he just airballed a free throw. He has no back to the basket game and yet he tries to do that in every possession. I think the decrease in athleticism after the injuries he had has exposed his lack of the basics. 

I will not drop, but I also know nobody will give a top100 player for him so he ll rot in my 9 cat Roto bench. Never again drafting this washed guy.

I agree. But if you let him rot on your bench wouldn’t it be better to stream his spot for actual stats?

26 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

I agree. But if you let him rot on your bench wouldn’t it be better to stream his spot for actual stats?

Well since it's roto it hurts less. I can wait till he puts together a few good games and someone falls in the trap and maybe give me a player that can actually contribute. Even if that's two months from now it will be fine i think. Who knows maybe i m fine in %s near the end so i ll play him the last 10 games just for the counting stats.

1 hour ago, RedMamba said:

Can't understand how he has become such a bad free throw shooter. He was stable 80+% until 2017/2018

i heard the last 3 seasons he cannot use his routine he used before cause they cut the time of a free throw to 9 seconds...i dont know, thats a lame excuse, hes a pro, adjust

Edited by L3onD
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, L3onD said:

i heard the last 3 seasons he cannot use his routine he used before cause they cut the time of a free throw to 9 seconds...i dont know, thats a lame excuse, hes a pro, adjust

no that’s not what they changed 

they changed the ability to leave the circle in between free throws.. he used to walk to half court and come back for his second free throw

also not a good excuse, but that’s when he fell off

2 minutes ago, BykeINIT said:

no that’s not what they changed 

they changed the ability to leave the circle in between free throws.. he used to walk to half court and come back for his second free throw

also not a good excuse, but that’s when he fell off

whatever, hes still a bum if he cannot get around that

1 minute ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

You still can. Just leave him on the bench.

Seriously considering it but I'm playing someone who's really strong in assists so I need all the help I can get lol

39 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Damn, I was hoping he'd actually sit out tonight so I could salvage my fg and TOs. 

Russ’ FG% the past 15 days is like 45%?  And if you roster him you’re punting TO anyways, right?  

13 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Yeah if you're punting fg%, ft%, and TOs, Russ is a top 25-30 player in cat leagues. 

He tricked me in thinking I won't have to punt fg and ft after his season 47% and 76%....

3 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

He tricked me in thinking I won't have to punt fg and ft after his season 47% and 76%....

Well in Houston he was shooting around 5 shots more per game (mostly at the rim) while shooting less 3s than this season and about 1.5 more FTA. All of which would help with %. 

30 minutes ago, 80version said:

Russ’ FG% the past 15 days is like 45%?  And if you roster him you’re punting TO anyways, right?  

True, the TOs are a write off but I was kind of hoping for better fg% after he shot 47% last year. 

There is a lot of reactionary doom & gloom in this thread.  People should take a step back and look at what he did in the last 40 or so games of last season.  

29/8/7 with 1.7 steals on 48/78%, and punt-sized 4.6 TO’s in 37 mpg

Now that the quad injury is behind him and showing significant signs of better health (playing a B2B tonight), he has a chance to find some rhythm.  WAS is letting him do his thing, which isn’t as good of a situation as the HOU & D’antoni microball situation admittedly, but Russ is still in a great position to thrive, imo.  

5 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Well in Houston he was shooting around 5 shots more per game (mostly at the rim) while shooting less 3s than this season and about 1.5 more FTA. All of which would help with %. 

I’m okay with a small tradeoff — FG% for 3pm — and actually prefer less trips to the charity stripe, where he is a liability.  The FT% has been the most disappointing to me this year, because it shouldn’t have regressed this much since it isn’t dependent on his athleticism.  I think he irons this piece out over time though.  He was dogs*hit at the line to start the season last year too. 

5 minutes ago, 80version said:

There is a lot of reactionary doom & gloom in this thread.  People should take a step back and look at what he did in the last 40 or so games of last season.  

Now that the quad injury is behind him and showing significant signs of better health (playing a B2B tonight), he has a chance to find some rhythm.  WAS is letting him do his thing, which isn’t as good of a situation as the HOU & D’antoni microball situation admittedly, but Russ is still in a great position to thrive, imo.  

Those were definitely nice numbers but idk he just looks like lost a big step this year. He plays well when he just focuses on driving to the rim and kicking the ball out - he's still fast and explosive. But for some reason he insists on taking dumb midrange jumpers, which he's really bad at. 

He would be consistently great if he just played to his strengths but he keeps trying to do things he's not good at 

Just now, 80version said:

I’m okay with a small tradeoff — FG% for 3pm — and actually prefer less trips to the charity stripe, where he is a liability.  The FT% has been the most disappointing to me this year, because it shouldn’t have regressed this much since it isn’t dependent on his athleticism.  I think he irons this piece out over time though.  He was dogs*hit at the line to start the season last year too. 

Yeah if he can average close to 2 3PTM, anything less than I don't think it helps much with literally every position shooting 3s now. Yeah his FTs have regressed so much, hoping he can kind of become like DRose in his later seasons, who has developed into a consistent shooter. 

4 minutes ago, 80version said:

Yes and no, he is getting healthier but the Houston team was a much better team that the current Washington team, leading to Russ averaging almost 5 minutes less a game than prior seasons. Also while the situation is kinda similar with the 1-2 punch of Russ/Beal being comparable to Russ/Harden, Harden was more of a willing passer than Beal. Also, I don't think the B2B plays will be a normal thing, tonight's a special case with the Houston matchup.