NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Zion Williamson 2020-2021 Outlook

granthill338

Holy Mount Zion. We be jammin’ jammin’ jammin jammin’ hope you like jammin’ too. Music to our ears for us Zion owners on the minutes! Wow.  30-35 minutes. Early Christmas present. 

17 minutes ago, bballmaster said:

Explain to me how that is an awful trade? Bam is a top tier center with great stocks. I have Zion and I would take that trade. Zion has potential to be great but as of now he’s a glorified Blake Griffin (stat-wise).

Zion is all popcorn stats. He doesn’t get many stocks.

• tonycpsu changed the title to Zion Williamson 2020-2021 Outlook

Anyone pressed panic button? Have been watching him play since the season starts  and his weaknesses are too obvious: he can only drive to his left and shoot with his left hand; can’t shoot; very bad free throws; keeps making turnovers when being double team; black hole in defence.  Strong finish under the basketball but the problem is all teams will double or even triple team him when he gets the ball, but he just always forces his way to the basket and then turnover the ball rather than passing the ball out to his teammates.  Simply say he is a talented player but his game has too many flaws.  Obviously no improvement at all comparing to last season.  

man I feel really bad using my 44th pick on him 🙁

Edited by PascalSiakam

2 hours ago, PascalSiakam said:

Anyone pressed panic button? Have been watching him play since the season starts  and his weaknesses are too obvious: he can only drive to his left and shoot with his left hand; can’t shoot; very bad free throws; keeps making turnovers when being double team; black hole in defence.  Strong finish under the basketball but the problem is all teams will double or even triple team him when he gets the ball, but he just always forces his way to the basket and then turnover the ball rather than passing the ball out to his teammates.  Simply say he is a talented player but his game has too many flaws.  Obviously no improvement at all comparing to last season.  

man I feel really bad using my 44th pick on him 🙁

I have him in dynasty so I’m not as worried but he definitely has glaring weaknesses that he’ll have to correct. His lack of stocks is the big one. He’s fun to own though and that was my biggest draw to him. For strictly fantasy I’d try to take advantage of his name value and trade for someone more consistent.

Edited by Jyeatbvg

Just now, DonutGiveUp said:

Lol how is everyone else out so many games and he gets cleared after 1 game? Just in time for Zion vs Lebron what a shocker

False positive. 

1 minute ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Lol how is everyone else out so many games and he gets cleared after 1 game? Just in time for Zion vs Lebron what a shocker

False positive as above, or maybe he showed up with a cold and was held out to be safe lol. 

• Haha 1