NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kelly Oubre 2020-2021 Outlook

Great fit for the GSW IMO and there's a huge opportunity for him this season with Klay out.  Health permitting, should see a ton of minutes between SF & as a stretch PF.  Only going to be 25 in Dec but this will be his 6th season in the league.  He's increased his stats and fantasy value in each season.  Looking like a top 50 player for sure to me with a possible career year coming.

• Like 2
  • Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm actually looking forward to Marcus Smart playing at 5:00 EST so he can bring my FG% back up.

Timeline of when I drafted him to now.

So ya'll playing for tacos eh?  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, J.T. Marlin said:

Great fit for the GSW IMO and there's a huge opportunity for him this season with Klay out.  Health permitting, should see a ton of minutes between SF & as a stretch PF.  Only going to be 25 in Dec but this will be his 6th season in the league.  He's increased his stats and fantasy value in each season.  Looking like a top 50 player for sure to me with a possible career year coming.

So round 5 or 6... u need a SF... available: Ingram, Oubre, Covington, MPJ, Jaylen Brown. Rank them please

EDIT: I love Oubre outlook. Top young fella, but I'm a RoCo guy so... I might not draft Kelly all that much

Edited by Stefan
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Stefan said:

So round 5 or 6... u need a SF... available: Ingram, Oubre, Covington, MPJ, Jaylen Brown. Rank them please

EDIT: I love Oubre outlook. Top young fella, but I'm a RoCo guy so... I might not draft Kelly that much

RoCo fit on Portland is too good and he should feast, Brown with Hayward gone and Kemba injury prone should be nice as well. Any of those you cant go wrong. I have MPJ as the biggest breakout this season

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Ingram will be gone long before then (3rd round).  The others are really tightly bunched IMO and, for some, their final fantasy value still TBD pending free agency.  At this point I'd go Covington, Oubre, Brown, MPJ - Covington lower if you already are pretty good on STL/BLK because his scoring & FG% won't be good.  Oubre and Brown the most well-rounded.  MPJ the highest upside.  If both JGrant and Millsap leave, then I may have to bump up MPJ over the others. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Stefan said:

EDIT: I love Oubre outlook. Top young fella, but I'm a RoCo guy so... I might not draft Kelly all that much

I'd rank them RoCo > Oubre > Ingram > Jaylen > MPJ

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Stefan said:

I don't know who is MPJ, but others I rank: Ingram, Covington, Brown, Oubre.

6 hours ago, kane said:

How come you play fantasy and watch NBA that don't know who is MPJ:huh::blink:

I am not American. You use here much slang and abbreviation. When I saw CP3 first time used, I also didn't realize who is. That happens because I don't follow this kind of talks where nicknames or other variations are used. Once I asked what is LMAO or LMFAO. How I can know it?

Edited by apatas
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, apatas said:

I am not American. You use here much slang and abbreviation. When I saw CP3 first time used, I also didn't realize who is. That happens because I don't follow this kind of talks where nicknames or other variations are used. Once I asked what is LMAO or LMFAO. How I can know it?

Internet dude :D 

• 3 weeks later...

TJ Warren (before injury), Tobias Harris, and Lord Covington are the players I'm scoping around that range for SF/PF.  Oubre is getting considerably less hype and might easily outperform all or at least 2 of those guys.  

Edited by Crazycanto
2 hours ago, Crazycanto said:

TJ Warren (before injury), Tobias Harris, and Lord Covington are the players I'm scoping around that range for SF/PF.  Oubre is getting considerably less hype and might easily outperform all or at least 2 of those guys.  

I have oubre over Warren and maybe even Harris. The lord roco is still above all of them though 

He outperforms his ADP if it stays where it's at around the mid 60's.

I've seen him getting consistently scooped up in the 40 range now which means he's going to really need to perform at a breakout-type level to justify that type of value.

20PPG/2-3PTM/7RPG/1.5SPG/1BPG/1.5TO will easily get him there if he's still somewhat efficient with his FG%.

You could make the argument that he's barely on that Khris Middleton/Jaylen Brown level.

IF you can snag him in the 60's he's a steal for sure.

Edited by nomidi