NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kelly Oubre 2020-2021 Outlook

13 minutes ago, Cyclone007 said:

The attempts are there in this game but were not falling. 2-4 games more to see how this goes.. 

The Raptors were literally not guarding Oubre on the 3p line. On one play, Oubre caught the ball at the 3p line, and VanVleet waved at him, daring him to shoot another brick.

Which Oubre did.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm actually looking forward to Marcus Smart playing at 5:00 EST so he can bring my FG% back up.

Timeline of when I drafted him to now.

So ya'll playing for tacos eh?  

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

The Raptors were literally not guarding Oubre on the 3p line. On one play, Oubre caught the ball at the 3p line, and VanVleet waved at him, daring him to shoot another brick.

Which Oubre did.

Yeah, I thought that was hilarious because I was doing the same thing at my TV screen too.

It's just so strange Oubre's so cold.  Like, every other stat is about in line with what we expected based on last year's averages from him.  But he's shooting 33% and 13% from trey on 5 attempts her game.  Granted he's never been a great shooter or anything, but how could someone who shot 45% and 35% from range last year plummet so far down?

I sorta hoped that Dray returning would boost Oubre's %s, and while it's still an early season, it's been 3 weeks total so far ... Kinda wondering if Oubre's ever going to improve.

still 90% of the season left. he deserves a long leash, id wait til at least 30% of the season is passed. if hes STILL in a slump, then ill begin to even think about dropping. i cant tell you how many times ive dropped and then the guy starts going off. 

• Like 1

Saw a stat how Oubre shot 38% on 3s last year when off the dribble and shot much worse on catch and shoots. He also shot worse in the corners compared to the other spots, on the Warriors he is mostly getting catch and shoot 3s in the corners which is not his strong suit. 

• Like 1

It is Stephs and Draymonds fault completely. Oubre feeds off good vibes and the spiritual room to be the goofy funny guy on the team. You can see it in him during his Phoenix and Washington games how he just has fun out there. He has the mean mug taunt, push up taunt, flying kisses taunt... 

Steph is THAT guy in Warriors. And at the same time he is the dominant player. There is no room for Kelly to be that anymore when Steph just goofs around and steals our boys thunder. And Draymond is that grumpy old "know-it-all-play-the-right-way" dude who keeps Oubre in check with his constant bitching. He is so condescending toward Oubre. Look at last nights game where in the first quarter Dray is completely open at three point line, but decides to force feed Oubre the ball to corner where he is almost doubled up. He gets the and1, but his demeanor shows he is not enjoying it.

I would know as I'm that Steph style goofy who takes over the rec games and f***s around having fun. I know there is dudes there who feel marginalized by my act. I've been in games where other guys take over that role and it is hard to come up with your own antics then. And if thing go south I start that Draymond style x and o's talk where I try to control everyone on the team to do the right thing. And it is annoying as f--- for an outsider. Which Kelly still is in this team. He needs to get his spirits up and more room to breathe freely and do his thing. Dray needs to back out and leave him be + Steph needs to tone down his clown act.

Example of the bullying Im talking about:

Edited by JormaJormala

if kerr wants him to suceed, leave him in the ******** game when hes hot and playing great defense...dont sub him out with 5mins left in the quarter

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, L3onD said:

if kerr wants him to suceed, leave him in the ******** game when hes hot and playing great defense...dont sub him out with 5mins left in the quarter

Kerr is saying (silently):

You need to show me at least 2-4 good games in a row if want to sniff the 33 min you got in PHX last year, like Wiggins is getting on the other wing. I've got other guys I can win with Steph/ Dray so you better show me 2-4 good correction games in a row if you want those extra 6 min per game you got last year. I make $8M/yr and have 3 chips so I'll play the rotations my way.

2 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

Nice, but at the same time he is riding the bench to end the game. He seems to be locked on 25 minute role...

He's checking back in

10 hours ago, IT2 said:

On the bright side... this could have been alot worse if anyone picked Covs instead

That's true , RoCo can't take enough shots and Oubre can't make enough.

At least theres hope here.