NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kelly Oubre 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm actually looking forward to Marcus Smart playing at 5:00 EST so he can bring my FG% back up.

Timeline of when I drafted him to now.

You want this guy on your team

Posted Images

He'll (probably) get better but it's going to be a bumpy ride.  IMO he actually looks worse than Wiggins out there in terms of screwing up the flow of the Warriors offense and not passing when he should.  All the issues that were leveled at Oubre when he was at the Wizards are popping back up now.  It's going to take a few weeks and some practices for him to play the style Kerr wants him to play.

Reasons to chill this Xmas 🌧

(1) It’s been two games on a new team.

(2) They’ve played some tough comp with Nets and Bucks.

(3) Oubre isn’t going to shoot 15% forever (probably). 

(4) Law of averages tends to work itself out. Trust it.

(5) Please don’t sell a mid round pick after two games while he’s shooting 15%. That’s silly, even if Oubre shoots a career low 35% FG and drops 10 percentage points for whatever reason playing next to Steph Curry’s gravity. Hold, hold, hold 🎅🏼

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Kelly Oubre is the only player in NBA History to shoot 0/11 3PM in his team's first two games of an NBA season.

😳

Great news. Can only go up. I’m surprised people are jumping to conclusions without Draymond in there. Dray back should provide him better looks. 
- as a non Oubre owner I’d suggest he’s drop city 😎

1 hour ago, Austin_Rivers said:

Thinking about offering Bogdan Bogdanovic for this bum lol. Unfortunately the owner that has him in my league is stingy with his players. And will prob offer him up for top 40 value still. 

No offense to you personally at all, but I know that it is probably gonna come off that way. Lol. Just using your statement as an example because it's here.

But I never understood this mindset. People get upset that the owner would want theoretical value in return for a player that has proven what he COULD POTENTIALLY be worth, but those same people are also attempting to buy low with the hopes that the player bounces back and returns said theoretical value. Makes no sense really.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, FroButtons said:

No offense to you personally at all, but I know that it is probably gonna come off that way. Lol. Just using your statement as an example because it's here.

But I never understood this mindset. People get upset that the owner would want theoretical value in return for a player that has proven what he COULD POTENTIALLY be worth, but those same people are also attempting to buy low with the hopes that the player bounces back and returns said theoretical value. Makes no sense really.

It’s a gamble. One is gambling that the player he’s trading for will bounce back. The other is scare he might not be where his expected value is, so in some senses it work out for both either way because one will come out on top. That’s what fantasy is all about, luck and gamble. No one knows what’s gonna happen 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, BrowKnees said:

The offense just looks so unorganized out there, wiggins and oubre just have looked so out of place today. The first game Oubre mostly just missed open shots but this was pretty bad and concerning

What’s concerning? He also missed a bunch of wide open 3’s in this game including layups and midrange he usually makes. 

32 minutes ago, Pirate said:

What’s concerning? He also missed a bunch of wide open 3’s in this game including layups and midrange he usually makes. 

Because the warriors offense looks bad, its basically just curry dribbling while oubre and wiggins dont know where to stand

Warriors problem is both Oubre and Wiggins are better slashers than 3pt threats but that's not what you want in todays nba. One of them gotta go for a better shooter. Oubre had a career year shooting 3's last year and it was only 35%. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, BrowKnees said:

Because the warriors offense looks bad, its basically just curry dribbling while oubre and wiggins dont know where to stand

I agree they do look a bit lost. They prob need to either play a s---y team or Draymond to return to start hitting some form.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Tyboogie said:

It’s a gamble. One is gambling that the player he’s trading for will bounce back. The other is scare he might not be where his expected value is, so in some senses it work out for both either way because one will come out on top. That’s what fantasy is all about, luck and gamble. No one knows what’s gonna happen 🤷🏻‍♂️

Na, I get the idea behind buying low. I just don't get how someone can be upset that an original owner is holding out or expecting "higher perceived" value in return. The buyer is obviously trying to "buy low" i.e. intentionally offering value that will ultimately be less than what the buyer is getting back in return. It's just extremely hypocritical to think that the original owner is "overvaluing" a player when the buyer clearly values the player at the same level, which is why the buyer is interested in buying to begin with.

It's just always strikes me as odd when I'm reading through forums and people are upset that the owner of a guy struggling wants a specific return. Both people are clearly valuing the struggling player the same, but people get upset that the original owner won't give them up at a discount.

• Like 2