NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kelly Oubre 2020-2021 Outlook

Not panicking but it's extremely concerning watching Oubre play.  Dude's shot looks broken and he's getting some pretty wide-open looks.

Positives are that he's not gonna lose his starting role due to his defense and he's pretty much either going for treys or dunks, which is good.  I'd imagine that the Dubs get it sorted out against weaker teams (playing the Kings and Pistons in the next few games, with a B2B vs the Blazers), but as a Dubs fan, it's really not a good look to see Curry struggling, with teams doubling or tripling him and sagging off Wiggins and Oubre.  Nobody but Curry (and surprisingly Wiseman) is a threat from range, and it's affecting Curry's ability to get into a rhythm.

Here's to hoping Dray facilitating the offense allows for some easier looks and less pressure on Curry to handle the ball.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm actually looking forward to Marcus Smart playing at 5:00 EST so he can bring my FG% back up.

Timeline of when I drafted him to now.

You want this guy on your team

Posted Images

I call it high expectations. Of course he will be better, but he is not that good as described here. I read Wiggins posts also and there is less complaining because expectations are lower. In one post I already said that Warriors undisputed No2 after Curry is now Draymond Green. If he start to play things become better.

i never expected anything crazy outta him, he probably peaked (statistically speaking) last season with the suns so i expected about the same from him this season (seeing its a contract year and he probably doesnt want to fumble that bag)...and when you look at it, he’s right there, just needs to get into rhythm with his shot (which looked pretty good in preseason and that was last week) and his right on the mark with my expectations...whole team currently looks so bad that i cant wait for those weaker teams (bulls, kings, pistons) to see if there’s a pattern on display or just a meshing problem

1 hour ago, apatas said:

I call it high expectations. Of course he will be better, but he is not that good as described here. I read Wiggins posts also and there is less complaining because expectations are lower. In one post I already said that Warriors undisputed No2 after Curry is now Draymond Green. If he start to play things become better.

Huh? His role is basically identical to last season. He wasn’t 2nd option on the suns either. His fg attempts have been the same or if anything a bit more on average coz of the blowouts. Boards n stocks are safe. If his fg % is same as last season he be ranked around 50 again. If fg drops a point or two then knocks him down to 70- 80. 

• Like 4

He was solid player in Washington and broke out in Phoenix. His play and numbers will improve as he becomes more comfortable with his teammates.  Keep in mind, there was a short preseason. If he is still playing like this after 10 to 15 games, then you can start to worry about fit with this team.

Tell this chum to stop taking the 3. 

Wow .... how lazy are you. Drive it in ffs !

You’re an athletic springy forward , what the hell are you doing . 

Why isn’t Kerr saying anything to him. Im shocked

Edited by RunCMC
  • Haha 1
13 minutes ago, gmoneyb said:

At least he’s snagging some steals. Much better than the first two games. Progression.

Yep. Here's the problem in roto, even though I'm preaching to the choir on this board.

In Roto, he has 6 stls in 3 games. I need those. So I have to play him because in the games that he goes 8 for 11 from the field, he'll probably get no steals. So I, like many other roto players, have to play him because he's getting his stocks while he's sucking.

Lost this week by 0.1% because this guy took just a few too many shots - feels bad.  I have confidence he can still turn it around. Was doing fine during the preseason and still gets everything else going. I'll give him another week before clicking the nuclear reaction button 😂